[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Whats the physics/science behind karate men being able to break
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: 1425281312156.jpg (73 KB, 559x960) Image search: [Google]
1425281312156.jpg
73 KB, 559x960
Whats the physics/science behind karate men being able to break multiple blocks of wood or cinderblocks with one strike of their palm? Like seriously wtf, why arent we weaponizing this?

pic unrelated
>>
>why arent we weaponizing this
Go learn karate and charge headfirst into a group of armed bloodthirsty ISIS members, see how far it gets you
>>
It's way simpler than you are thinking. As far as breaking wood. It is mostly a trick. You hit it along the grain and it breaks pretty easy. Try hitting it across the grain one time and break your hand.

Some karate experts do have a tremendous amount of strength and this is due to how they use their body as a whip. Their hand or foot is then travelling with great force. I believe Bruce Lee was recorded as having a 5,000 pound force punch.
>>
>>7670560
Interesting. What about cinde blocks

How do you make one of your extremeties a whip?
>inb4penis
>>
>>7670312
>what is pressure
>>
>>7670312
>> why aren't we weaponizing
I don't think you quite understand the term martial art
>>
>>7671914
>What about cinde blocks
Cement is very brittle under tension
>>
>>7670312
Mass times acceleration equals force.
>>
File: latest[1].png (186 KB, 400x557) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
186 KB, 400x557
>>7670312
A more important question is, whats the science behind the enormous sexual stimulation that Morrigan cosplay brings ?
>>
>>7673746
boobs+ass=arousal
its simple math anon
>>
>>7670312
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolff%27s_law

wolff's law

central nervous system conditioning

strength, development of type two muscle fibers

fearlessness
>>
>>7670312
>why arent we weapinizing this.

They did. Then repeating centerfire rifles took off.
>>
>>7673788
you see that in every cosplay. Morrigan looks much sexier for some reason
>>
>>7674300
is there an age at which wolff's law doesnt apply anymore? like, at what age is the bone gonna say "fuck you" and just break under the training load?

i want to build superbones so increase the length of my /out/ activities
>>
File: 1446680019605.jpg (48 KB, 456x593) Image search: [Google]
1446680019605.jpg
48 KB, 456x593
>>7673746

>wings on head and ass

Man, that's gotta be hard on the spine.
>>
The grains goes wrong way. The wood block is weaker than real material. Blocks break easily. It's just magic trick. Any man can do it.
>>
>>7675210
>like, at what age is the bone gonna say "fuck you" and just break under the training load?
Your cartilage will probably give out before your bones, but that will prompt you to stop working the bone so much and so it will shrivel up. I think old peoples' bones get smaller from a combination of reduced food intake and reduced use.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.