[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is computer engineering really just a watered down version of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: dank meme.jpg (30 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
dank meme.jpg
30 KB, 400x400
Is computer engineering really just a watered down version of electrical engineering?
>>
>>7669510
Computer engineering is just some EE classes + some CS classes AKA useless
>>
Why would you choose anything that is not plain Physics?
>engineering
>mathematics
>chemistry
>computah
>>
>>7669525
because we want jobs
>>
>>7669528
You don't even need a degree to get a job.
>>
>>7669521
>>7669525
Neckbearded autists
>>
>>7669528
Nigga science jobs outside of medicine and teaching SUCK.
>>
>>7669510
No, computer engineers can do whatever an electrical engineer or a software engineer can do. Possibilities are endless.
>>
>>7669561

More like they can do 70% of what either can do.
>>
>>7669549
That's why if you like science and math but don't want to live in poverty you study engineering.
>>
>>7669510
>arguing about degrees

All I have learnt in university I could have learnt in a library or a mooc in a fraction of the time and putting up with less bullshit. It would be harder to negotiate a job without a degree, but otherwise it is just a glorified dick measuring contest.
>I'm an electrical engineer
>>
>>7669510
No, it's EE with different 4th year electives
>>
>>7669561
>>7669605
More like 70% of electrical and 95% of Software "Engineers"
>>
>>7669535
>You don't need a degree to get a job
Right, but your not going to become an engineer without a degree. Most jobs that pay more than barely above minimum wage require at least some kind of formal training.
>>
>>7669549
What science job do you have?
>>
>>7669535

Yeah you need a degree to get someone to look at your resume
>>
Computer engineer here. It's alot of physics, chemistry and programming. But I mean, all engineers go through the same thing in a way.
>>
>>7669783
I don't know about this.

I worked with a guy who was double majoring in EE and CE who was a final semester senior at a decent college.

It didn't seem like he was great at programming high level languages, but was more focused on assembly level.

Obviously he would be more comfortable at the low level, but a software engineer doesn't work at a low level but a very high level (system design and etc along with regular high level programming languages).
>>
>>7669535
Yes you do unless you're a genius and in that case you don't need to "get a job".
Sorry for breaking to you the harsh reality of 2015.
>>
ITT: Retards acting like principles of theoretical and applied sciences are not overlapping all the time.

because in theory its not math or physics or biology

its math AND physics AND biology

my point being

a good lab need engineers of all principles to work together.

in science you think alone but work together.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.