[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
whats the difference between meth amphetamine and adderall?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 120
Thread images: 10
File: pervitin.jpg (21 KB, 468x286) Image search: [Google]
pervitin.jpg
21 KB, 468x286
whats the difference between meth amphetamine and adderall?
>>
>>7667819
adderall is amphetamine, not methamphetamine
>>
>>7667823

is one just stronger?
>>
>>7667828
Yeah, but by like, a lot.
>>
File: benzedrine-inhaler.jpg (26 KB, 471x163) Image search: [Google]
benzedrine-inhaler.jpg
26 KB, 471x163
>>7667819
Adderall is a brand name for a medicinal formulation of various salts of the stimulant drug amphetamine. Methamphetamine is a similar stimulant drug in the same family of substances. Methamphetamine has also been distributed in brand name formulations such as Pervitin produced by Germany and is now known by the brand name Desoxyn.
>>
I'm assuming a lot of people on this board use stims is supplementing adderall and the like healthy and are there physiological benefits besides alertness and focus?
>>
>>7667866
you literally kill brain cells which is pretty cool since amphetamines are neurotoxic

the heart attack issues that arise with amphetamine use are pretty cool too

who can forget chemical dependency and the inability to feel happy while in withdrawal lmao, that shits great
>>
>>7668105

got any proof? i've been on adderall for 8 years, it's been a miracle pill. I owe all my success to it.
>>
>>7668117
i was exaggerating how really bad it is for you, but in no way is it GOOD for you physiologically
it IS neurotoxic, but the damage depends on how often and how much you use so responsible people using it for medication and not binging for studying are ususally fine

the heart problems thing is a serious issue for people who already have underlying heart issues but otherwise you'll most likely be fine

and have you ever tried getting off of it? nothing feels entertaining for weeks, shit sucks

overall, the shit you can do with adderall outway the downsides most of the time, exceptions being people with heart problems or dumbfucks who abuse the drug too much, but in no possible way is adderall good for you. its amphetamine for fucks sake
>>
>>7667819

hi /sci/,

studying math here.

I've used:

crystal methamphetamine

vyvanse

dexedrine

ask me questions if u want
>>
>>7668124
Surely u jest

Crystal meth is absolutely terrible for you
>>
>>7668105
Did you know that drinking water regularly actually cures cancer?
>>
>>7668124
Between methamphetamine and dexedrine, which did you find better for work output?
>>
File: 1447914385068.jpg (39 KB, 570x570) Image search: [Google]
1447914385068.jpg
39 KB, 570x570
>>7668127
I heard about this guy who smoked meth and jumped out a window and died because he thought he could fly
>>
>>7668127
So is adderall if you dose it like meth
>>
>>7667828
It's so meta
>>
>>7668135
Good thing it does, because this thread gave me some.
>>
>>7667819
Amphetamine is amphetamine - has mostly an effect on norepinephrine reuptake
Adderall is a racemix of Dextroamphetamine and amphetamine - gives an effect of norepinephrine reuptake inhibition, dopamine reuptake inhibition as well as causing displacement of dopamine in the axons
Methamphetamine - essentially a more potent dextroamphetamine
>>
>>7668199
>racemix
racemic, sorry
>>
>>7668136
similar. i think meth is better for creative projects where grandiose feelings could be an inspiration/motivation

dexedrine is superior because it is sustainable and less euphoric/energizing
>>
>>7668127
not a question but yes. had a very random acquisition of it, a true one time deal.
>>
>>7668199

Adderall isn't a racemic mixture neither is it an amphetamine. Why must everyone in this thread be Chem illiterates?
>>
>>7668124
Math, not even once
>>
>>7667819
Drugs belong on 420chan.org

get out
>>
>>7668406
REEEEEEE et al.
>>
File: 1446398583090.gif (80 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1446398583090.gif
80 KB, 200x200
>>7668105
> you literally kill brain cells
> amphetamine is neurotoxic

lmao

> amphetamine heart attack issues

cardiovascular mortality is barely increased by life-long amphetamine use, and if you adjust for other factors like excessive dosage and abuse it becomes practically non-existent at the level of clinical dosages. You probably have a higher risk of complications taking paracetamol or aspirin regularly.

> who can forget chemical dependency and the inability to feel happy while in withdrawal lmao, that shits great

Again, if you're not exceeding the prescribed dose or adjusting the dose to account for tolerance and the absence of euphoria, you won't suffer significant withdrawal upon cessation.

Also, /sci/ is full of autistic mathematicians and physicists who don't know anything about medicine or pharmacology yet will still spew their shitty opinions (which are up there with other pseudoscientific pharmacological memes like homeopathy) all over anyone they can get a hold of.

You can skew your conclusions about any drug by approaching from the perspective of the worst possible scenario with the worst possible dosages and parameters for the frequency of usage and then extrapolating this result to all possible outcomes.

You won't be able to find any studies to back up your claim of neurotoxicity outside of non-translational in vitro studies or case studies of high dose frequent usage. Adderall, Ritalin and the other catecholamine modifiers are one of the most extensively studied subjects in modern pharmacology.
>>
>>7667819
Long story short, if you have so little discipline and willpower that you can't bring yourself to focus on studying without resorting to using anything harder than caffeine, have fun with your new chemical dependency issues.
>>
>>7668137
WoW dude EPIC STORY MAN!!!
>>
I'm going to graduate school soon. I'm gonna see a psychiatrist to see if I can get on the amp train. Any advice about getting prescribed? Also I've barely managed to squeak by undergrad because I don't study, so I need this.
>>
>>7668778
You don't "need this". You need to rework your lifestyle in other ways.

Drugs augment your functionality. The moment you start using them as a replacement for knowing how to control yourself, you're going to run into trouble. Even if you can never quite tap while sober what whatever compounds allows you to become.
>>
>>7667828
adderall is a mix of various phetamine salts

>tfw self medicate
theres also a huge fucking difference in brand name adderall and generic adderal

generics always feel more "speedy and alert"
the brand name shit helps me focus more

>vyvanse
FUCK THAT SHIT
>here bro take this 50 its like 20mg of adderall
TOOK IT AT 8AM
STILL HIGH AS FUCK AT MIDNIGHT

I DO NOT LIKE BEING HIGH ON STIMS

the fuck even is it
>>
>>7668778
be very careful of the shit

i self medicate with 15mg addy XR 2-3 times a week

if i actually enjoyed being high on stims, i'd probably eat a lot more, it almost makes you want to

i only like being stimed enough to focus, and too paranoid to see a psych
>>
>>7668791
>theres also a huge fucking difference in brand name adderall and generic adderal
you're literally retarded
>>
>>7668778
you should see a psychotherapist and work through your problems, not drug yourself up and avoid them.
>>
>>7668392
http://www.rxlist.com/adderall-drug.htm
>>
>>7668392
Maybe you're thinking of ritalin which is methylphenidate which doesn't dislodge dopamine from the axons and only prevents reuptake.
>>
>>7667819
Adderall is a mix of amphetamines salts/isomers
Meth is amphetamine with a methyl group added to the amine portion of amphetamine. This increases lipid solubility and makes it cross the blood brain barrier faster. I have also read that he methylation makes it harder to metabolize the compound which might not be true (would have to look it up)
Also, for some reason, meth seems to cause direct damage to neurons while normal amphetamine doesn't but I'm not 100% on that either.

So the main difference is meth is more lipid soluble, causing the associated stimulant properties of amphetamines to hit harder and faster.
>>
>>7668785
>>7668798
>>7668943
But what if I legitimately have ADD.
>>
>>7669432
Refine your diet and learn to calm down.

Pharmacological assistance can be useful, but it's a lifestyle choice. And it's not the bailout you want it to be.
>>
>>7669460
I work at a bank. I love bailouts.
>>
>>7669432
No, try to get medication. All that diet/exercise shit does not work, or at least for most people. Don't waste your time on whatever shit someone says you should do if you actually have ADHD/ADD, you will regret it. Most ADHD/ADD articles online are bullshit, use forums or reddit for advice
>>
If you legit have ADD/ADHD, look into modafinil as well. It seems to have fewer cardiovascular side effects than amphetamines/methylphenidate
>>
>>7668429
thanks BigPharma
>>
>>7669703
Sadly, even though modafinil is a great medication, it's not regulated for ADD/ADHD usage. I've had my doctor say she wish she could prescribe it for me (and could), but off-label use is never covered by insurance and the shit's like 200 dollars a pill if you get an off-label prescription

also im just a passing browser, not whoever the focus of this discussion was
>>
>>7668124
whats best for learning
>>
>>7669741
Separate anon here

Valerian root or chamomile tea
you're not learning shit if you're wired out on stimulants. It's great for getting work done, but terrible for studying and engaging new material. Studying just takes patience.

Source:
I took adderall all through university. I took it during exams, but it got my brain too jittery to sit down with an astrophysics book and read walls of text. I kept wanting to jump ahead to the problems and cram, or start talking to people and ignore studies. I found solid study habits by taking valerian root in tea during the evening and opening a book, it was calming and I could focus. The adderall was great for performance with problem sets/homework and for attending lectures and taking notes, though.

It may have been caffeine that made me jittery though i dunno
but gl going through uni without coffee
>>
Dextroamphetamine
methamphetamine

Why are the effects so greatly changed between having a dextros or methyl group?
>>
>>7669753
dextroamphetamine is just the d-enantiomer of amphetamine.
amphetamine comes in 2 shapes: dextro (d-) and levo (l-) amphetamine.

methamphetamine is amphetamine with an additional methyl group connected to the amino group. and like normal amphetamine, methamphetamine comes as 2 enantiomers: l- and d-methamphetamine.
curiously, the enantiomers of meth have significantly different impact on the user. d-meth is the one that's psychoactive, while l-meth isn't.
>>
>>7669753
Methyl groups allow compounds to more quickly pass through the blood brain barrier. Sometimes they'll also increase potency relative to whatever their main mechanism of action is, though I don't know much about meth in this case. I do know the methyl group results in greater free radical production when it's broken down.
>>
>>7669749
Valerian is basically a herbal benzo, dunno how it would be beneficial... maybe adderall but havent tried it yet to know, or vyvanse?
>>
>>7669767
I'm not the poster you're responding to.

Valerian is an adenosine agonist. It doesn't have any affinity for benzodiazepine receptors as far as I'm aware. It also competes with caffeine, as well as adenosine itself.
>>
>>7669773
Oh, also. Vyvanse is awful. Don't recommend it.

I guess it was okay in some senses. I always preferred adderall though. It had all the same nauseating comedown features, with none of the real benefits.
>>
>>7669776
whats wrong with vyvanse for learning/study?
>>
>>7669767
Wouldn't say it's like a benzo at all. I take benzos, and they're generally unpleasant.

I still take valerian root today whenever I'm trying to work on anything that's slow-paced (in the evenings, not during the work day.) It just kind of helps take away that feeling of monotony and keeps my brain from moving faster than the topic i'm studying/project I'm working on.

Maybe that's a personal problem, but whenever I'd read new material, my mind would wander ahead and start thinking of the implications of it, or start trying to cross-reference other material with the insight of the new material, and I'd just keep losing track of the study itself and couldn't keep a steady pace or focus. Even now my post is probably pretty scatterbrained and loopy.

That's kinda how the ADD affected me though, and why I was on adderall in the first place. I just found that slowing my brain down a bit helped me engage topics better and learn more efficiently than adderall, caffeine, etc. Valerian root also lowered the jitters from coffee, and helps with sleep-related migraines too. It does have some anxiolytic and sedative properties, but it's not a depressant.

Anyway, it might not help you out, but it's helped me out tons over the last 7 years.
>>
>>7669784
Makes you feel nauseous and speedy, while inhibiting all the types of creativity that matter for retaining and processing novel information. Its "curve" is also not long enough on the up or down side, and it doesn't really afford much for actual focus. It just makes you "do" and "blah blah blah blah..."

As a whole, I'd say stimulants are apt to induce a sort of myopia. There's no such thing as making yourself better (without leaving you burnt afterwards), you can only create a state that makes you net better for the task you want o perform at the time. With stimulants it's about finding what that thing is, and what the ideal state is. I did not think vyvanse was that thing. Which is unsurprising, given its lack of l-amphetamine.
>>
>>7669796
wow everyone says vyv improves them.
>>
Given two of those and a dead man can walk again.

Soldiers in WW2 pretty much worked solely on amphematine.
>>
>>7667819
A methyl group
>>
>>7669720
modafinilcat.com
>>
>>7669796
>>7669784
>>7669776
vyvanse just turns into d-amp when it's metabolized dunno how it made you nauseated.
>>
>>7668791
why the fuck would there be a difference btween generic and brand name?
>>
>>7669938
Is this legit?

All the reviews and comments I'm looking up look almost formulaic and identical and it's billed to a company in china, shipped from India.
>>
>>7670229
>>7668942
He probably took different doses, or maybe IR generic and XR name brand.
>>
>>7670258
i purchased the sample pack last month and while it may be placebo effect, seemed like it worked fine when i needed to work 20h straight. Did better than some 2-FMA i've used in the past
>>
>>7668942
>>7670229
Different companies use different binders
>>
File: coffee[1].jpg (302 KB, 1920x1440) Image search: [Google]
coffee[1].jpg
302 KB, 1920x1440
>>7667819
Why don't you junkies just drink caffeine like the rest of the world
>>
>>7671099
Spoken like someone who's never used amphetamine.

The two have some similarities, but really, they're almost nothing alike. You're probably imagining amphetamine as just "really strong caffeine", and this isn't the case.
>>
>>7667819
One you get from a drug dealer the other you get from your government for a higher price,
>>
>>7668791
You don't know shit. Vyvanse is great
>>
>>7671099
Because coffee lasts shorter, gives me the shits and makes my teeth brown easily.
>>
>>7671099
I drink several cups of coffee too.
>>
File: IMG_20151120_143808-1024x1099.jpg (198 KB, 1024x1099) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151120_143808-1024x1099.jpg
198 KB, 1024x1099
>>7671099
This:
>>7671103
I drink 4 cups of coffee a day to not fall asleep. I have some weird combo of narcolepsy and ADD (officially diagnosed). Amphetamine is basically the only time i've ever felt 'normal'. Caffiene makes you 'up', amphetamine makes your thoughts organized and clear.

>>7669796
L-amp is disgusting, d-amp is where its at.

>>7669620
it works, but you have to totally commit to the lifestyle. Same bedtime/wakeup everyday, etc. Its all about habits. Source: been amphetamine free for 2 years. Its not as good as amphetamine, but it works and instead of burning you out, you end up with excess energy.

If you find that amphetamine helps you, it is extremely difficult not to wind up abusing it eventually. Pic related, Withnail and I described that experience best.
>>
>>7671187
>L-amp is disgusting, d-amp is where its at.
I thoroughly disagree.

Though I stopped taking amphetamine entirely, and probably won't ever start again. I have visual snow, and the most interesting thing about l-amp was how it altered perception of geometry and spatial arrangements. It also made me see grainy rainbow waves cascading and oscillating around surfaces, mainly those that were monochromatic. That was kind of neat.
>>
>>7668117
you are probably taking prescribed doses. the problem is college kids eating them like pez to smash on homework.
>>
>>7668557

I went from hating life and myself and being a drop out candidate to being a top notch student loving my work getting to work with very advanced research tech thanks to ritalin. Keep your shitty advice to yourself you dumb faggot, life isnt a zero sum game, and for some amphetamines at theurapeutic doses (been on the same dose for two years now) can be like night and day.
>>
>>7669460

Legit ADHD person here, I wish I could take my condition out of my head and put it into yours so you could see how utterly useless all those shitty advices like eat better or work out are to people with the diagnose.
>>
>>7671187

>it works, but you have to totally commit to the lifestyle.

Sure mixes really well with having ADHD right?
>>
>>7668123

When I go off my meds it takes around two to three days to get back to my pre meds useless self.
>>
>>7669749

>I'm too fucking inept to take a drug and I mix it with caffeine

>By the way try this shitty herbal tea!

Really nice advice anon, thanks!
>>
>>7671273
>go off my meds
They aren't your "meds", they're a drug. This attitude you have about yourself, and the language you're using, stems from this core belief system you've developed. Or been given.

You are you. If you drop the idea of being a broken machine that needs medication to function, you can begin to discover what you're actually capable of. Then you can use your drugs as a tool, not a mere crutch to hobble along with.
>>
>>7671278

You're just trolling me right?
>>
>>7671275
People who don't understand pharmacology shouldn't feel the need to post their nonsense "opinions", if you can call them that.

"herbs are dumb, modern medicine and drug engineering has transcended all that shit that never really worked worth a damn."
Wrong. The majority of modern chemical engineering in a medicinal sense is based on observations about naturally occurring compounds. Regardless of high resolution spectrography, the remains the case.

Let me help you out.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/?term=valerian
Start there. Come back with an opinion about the way your world works that isn't based off delusional ideas of what progress is.
>>
>>7671283
No. I've done a good deal of amphetamine, and the phrases you use are a representation of how you think. It's no coincidence their use is clustered within your culture.

Think about it. Really think about what you said, and what it actually implies.
"When I'm off my meds"
"When I go back to my useless self."
"My meds"
"My"
"Off my meds"
"My meds."

That's how it's pushed on you, and that's why you continue to feel reliant. I think it's more opportunistic than engineered, but nonetheless, it's how (y)our culture works. And it is a problem.
>>
>>7671288

Maybe people like you with no idea what ADHD is like should also stop offering your worthless opinions about drinking fucking tea as if thats gonna help?

>You are you. If you drop the idea of being a broken machine that needs medication to function, you can begin to discover what you're actually capable of. Then you can use your drugs as a tool, not a mere crutch to hobble along with.

Really capable of jacking off, never finishing ideas, feeling depressed and going nowhere in life. Please dont share your shit opinions, people like you make it harder for those whose lives can be improved tenfolds by taking a simple pill once per day by reinforcing the tired "u just need to try harder :^)" trope
>>
>>7671292

Gee thanks for the psycho analysis, sigmund. How about you work on not being such a fucking judgemental dick thinking you know everything, and I'll just keep on actually leading a fulfilling life doing what I love?
>>
>>7671302
>I'm intrinsically broken. I need my pills! It's not a lifestyle choice. Stop telling me not to take the path of least resistance!

I was "diagnosed" with ADHD in high school as well. My real problem was actually unknown severe food allergies causing a constant release of histamine (which is a modulatory neurotransmitter). You want to know what the other, rela, problem was? I was miserable. More miserable, broken, and fucked up than I could ever even guess.

It's not about trying "harder", it's about trying different. You're slamming your fucking head against a wall over and over and over and expecting different results, what the hell do you think is going to happen? The pills just help you believe you're normal and believe your own lies about who you should be and who you think you want to be. It's a one way ticket to personal stagnation, you just think you're making loads of meaningful meaningful progress.

You can take your "you don't know what it's like!" horeshit and stow it. I've been there,and I don't buy any of it. Some people aren't going to so readily cave to some nonsense you want them to believe and tell you is alright, and maybe you ought to think about why that is.
>>
>>7671306
Language and capacity for logic (thought) being intertwined, far precedes Freud. You complain now, but even you yourself use this principle every single day, and in every single interaction. When people say certain phrases, you have heuristics that narrow down the range of possible underlying meanings and thought processes that generated it. That's what you do, and that's how it works.

No surprise you're full of disjointed beliefs. You are "medicated" after all.
>>
>>7671310

Oh, so you didnt have ADHD at all, yet you still feel like giving advice?

>It's not about trying "harder", it's about trying different. You're slamming your fucking head against a wall over and over and over and expecting different results, what the hell do you think is going to happen?

I dont, I take a pill and do what I love. I dont care about some autist on sci with his percieved moral high ground believing that someone with ADHD literally hasnt tried everything before resorting to drugs.

You think you're so fucking enlightened, acting as if we havent already tried your bullshit and having it not work. Get your head out of your own ass and peddle your quasi science somewhere else
>>
>>7671315
>Oh, so you didnt have ADHD at all, yet you still feel like giving advice?
Tell me then, what is truly having ADHD? Define that for me, and tell me how you verified it. Are you saying there's a difference between appearing to have ADHD, and really having ADHD?

>believing that someone with ADHD literally hasnt tried everything before resorting to drugs.
You're right, I don't believe that. But I do roughly understand why you adopted the lifestyle you did.

>You think you're so fucking enlightened,
You think, that I think, I'm so fucking enlightened. These are two very different things.

>peddle your quasi science somewhere else
I wasn't the one who posted about valerian to begin with. But peddling quasi science sounds a lot like the push behind ADHD diagnosis and most psychiatric treatment.
>>
>>7671323

You just said so yourself that it wasnt ADHD, it was a food intolerance. Then you kept on talking about how you managed to beat the disease you didnt have by eating properly. congratioulations, I guess that makes you an expert.

Do you usually go on the same diatribe when depressed people take anti depressants? They should just lift some weights, drink some herbal tea and snap out of it :^) right?

How about insulin for diabetics?
>>
>>7671327
>You just said so yourself that it wasnt ADHD, it was a food intolerance.
Answer the question you were asked. I already know what I said.

>Do you usually go on the same diatribe when depressed people take anti depressants?
Barring any clear physiological cause, more or less yes.

>How about insulin for diabetics?
If type 2, then refinements in their diet, awareness of stress and proper sleep, and exercise.
If type 1, not comparable. They have a clear physiological deficiency inarguably beyond their control.
>>
>>7671349

>Barring any clear physiological cause, more or less yes.

I already knew you were retarded, but now everyone else can see it too which means your misguided opinions will cause less harm.
>>
>>7671364
They worked for me.
>>
>>7671349
>If type 1, not comparable. They have a clear physiological deficiency inarguably beyond their control.

But this doesnt count for neurotransmitters right, because people with add are just lazy
>>
>>7671388
It doesn't count for "neurotransmitters" because the concept is vague and untestable. There are many known feedback loops and triggers for neurotransmitter release, and we know enough about human psychology to see how the two relate. We also know a lot about environmental or psychosocial factors and how that influences the function of the individual, or their development.

With type 1 diabetes, we more or less know that illiad cells either aren't present, or aren't working. The best we've got so far is experimental trials with mice, and injecting pure ethanol into pancreatic nerves sometimes causes insulin secretion to resume. This suggests dysfunction of the brain, but nonetheless, it's hardly controllable.

Weighed all together, the two are nothing alike. It doesn't matter if the diabetic gets out of a stressful environment, or switches tasks, or has a lifestyle change. Their body is going to die without insulin, and that's that. There is no variation based on context.
>>
>>7671396
>illiad cells
Woops. Islet*
>>
>>7671396

You're full of shit, everyone can tell.
>>
>>7671411
Are you always so fixated on what eyes are looking where, and what you think they must be thinking? Don't fool yourself anon, you don't know much of anything about anyone. Sometimes you'll realize you barely know yourself.

Either way, you've stopped really responding. The point is, amphetamine use is a lifestyle choice. As long as you accept that, it's fine. You seem to have worn yourself into quite a groove of thinking you don't have options, and there isn't any other way that could be as good or as valuable. You believe your drugs are a necessity. They aren't.

There are things I never could have seen, realized, or done, if I had stayed on stimulants. I hope you find a way and come to realize the same, or at the very least continue with your present course with a bit of honesty.
>>
File: 1447496301554.jpg (47 KB, 621x502) Image search: [Google]
1447496301554.jpg
47 KB, 621x502
>>7671420

You shouldnt be the one to talk about fixation considering you're fixated on judging others to a pretty extreme degree. I just really fucking hate people like you who makes life shit for people whose lives could be improved so much with meds. I know its well meaning but you have no idea how much damage perpetuating your bullshit causes. I really fucking hope you havent stopped anyone from getting the help they need with your quackery.

And yes, I am fucking mad because the thought of people like you trying to dissuade people from trying the single most positive change in my life really fucking pisses me off.

Go ahead and pin that on my amphetamine abuse and lack of knowing "my true self" because Im a slave to big pharma or whatever.

A sincere fuck you
>>
>>7671441
>whose lives could be improved so much with meds.
And possibly numerous other things that don't involve developing a reliance on pills. What makes you think there's only one "true" avenue to "a better life"? Let me guess, you've done it all and seen it all.

>I know its well meaning but you have no idea
I know roughly what it does. Not exactly, but well enough.

>I really fucking hope you havent stopped anyone from getting the help they need with your quackery.
Look again at your language choice, and what's behind them. You talk as though you, and people you perceive to be like you, are just broken little machines strugglin' along but you really just need help! And when you've found that help, you realize, it's the only way worth being!

Give me a break. Life is all just continuous change. There are more possible you's than you could imagine, and not all of them suck to be.

>my amphetamine abuse
Would you say your amphetamine use is actually abuse?

>lack of knowing "my true self"
Anyone who claims to known their true, base self, is probably lying. But there's also such a thing as self delusion over the real you that you are right now.

>because Im a slave to big pharma
Language corrupts thought. Thought corrupts language. It's better to be careful what mentalities you might suck up. The role of a "harvester" of ideas is much more efficient.
>>
Another ADDfag reporting in
>have ADD
>clinically diagnosed
>used to be an asshole kid
>annoying as fuck
>got angry easily
>i would bite people
>run around grade school dances with my shirt off
>would never think about what i was going to say
>kind of asshole
>dont think about other people
>get meds
>life immediately changes for better.
I actually remember the first day, my thoughts were clearer, my thoughts werent bouncing around like ping pong balls in those power ball machines you see at 11:30 on the local news. I could actually grab and hold on to a thought or an idea.
I described it that first day to my parents like the fence i kept my mind in had expanded, but wasn't wide open.
I was still kind of a dick, and thats what the therapy is for.
Now years later with lots of therapy, lots of hard work, and finding the right combo of drugs
>can focus,
>dont have stupid short temper
>not a fucking asshole
>pretty well adjusted
>can sit down and do work if i want to
>>
File: 384206068.jpg (34 KB, 464x464) Image search: [Google]
384206068.jpg
34 KB, 464x464
>>7671931
there are side effects of course,
I feel slightly "slower", im not as quick on the draw with a joke or an idea, or whatever. It was really noticeable when I played noseguard, before I was really good at getting off the ball, now i was just that hair slower. Im also probbaly an inch shorter than i would have been otherwise. Also it make it really difficult to cum when fucking a girl, but oh well.

The problems i have left wont get fixed with meds (motivation mostly), but now at least i have a fighting chance.

>taking 100 vyvanse, 150 welbutrin er, zoloft 50 (im 230lb male) daily
If i go off it for a while, my temper shortens, i say offensive shit, feel like shit (that ones actually withdrawal), become miserable to be around. And yes ive been off it long enough to confirm what is an effect of going off, and what is an effect of the ADD.
I used to take adderal every night for hw, now i only take it when i really need to study. Ive got so much backlog, i dont think ill run out, kek. literally an entire safe full back home.

I hate the kids that give people with actual ADD, and they medicines they take a bad name. Poppin addies doest work the same way on fags without add as it does on us.
When you have a actual problem, the shit works. it takes you from a brain with a deficiency to a normal brain
>mfw have to split up rant into multiple parts.
>>
File: ADDsmall.gif (3 MB, 429x198) Image search: [Google]
ADDsmall.gif
3 MB, 429x198
>>7671935
time for replies
>>7671267
>mfw grandmother sent my dad an article about how getting your tonsils out cures ADD

>>7671310
>i didnt have ADHD
>nobody has ADHD
>i didnt have ADHD
>but I've been there
>>7671323
its when your head is like fucking pic related
Verified at least twice officially.
>>7671420
There are things I never could have seen, realized, or done, if I had never been prescribed meds. For example, college. Or homework, or friends, or maybe even drive.
>>
File: Screenshot_13.png (26 KB, 130x119) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_13.png
26 KB, 130x119
>>7671936
>>7671470
Quick question, do you always attack the way a person makes an argument and not the content?
Anyway do you not believe ADD is real, or that the drugs don't work, or that people who take the drugs are copping out? That were doing some sort of cheat to get through life easier? That there are better ways? What exactly are you arguing?

if its this
>The point is, amphetamine use is a lifestyle choice. You seem to have worn yourself into quite a groove of thinking you don't have options, and there isn't any other way that could be as good or as valuable. You believe your drugs are a necessity. They aren't.
What the fuck are you talking about?
we can go slow if you want

>amphetamine use is a lifestyle choice
Smoking weed and putting 420 stickers on your macbook is a lifestyle choice. I take the meds, because its what best helps be a productive member of society. If there was another way that was easier or less expensive, i would do it.

>thinking you don't have options, and there isn't any other way that could be as good or as valuable
Of course there are options. I could try to "suck it up, and just do it, youve got so much potential", and inevitably fail (because ive tried). I could hop between some tea to some herb, for years, never accomplishing anything. Or i could use what has been shown to help other people who have the same kind of problem as i do.

>You believe your drugs are a necessity. They aren't.
No shit. But the meds work. They do exactly what i need them to do, with a few negligible side effects, why would i stop using them? Are the things I accomplish somehow worth less, because i take them?

God i can imagine you sitting there so smug showing those ADD kids how fake they are, and you can even speak from expireice cause you sorta were mistakenly diagnosed once with it, and that, since YOU didnt need meds to get through a brain imbalance you didnt actually have, no one ELSE should need them either.
>>
>>7667823
Huh I didn't know adderall was amphetamine. I swear like everyone on /sci/ takes that stuff? I've been talking to a board full of speed addicts all this time? Also if you need to take speed to survive at work or university you need to reconsider your career choice. Accept you're just not good enough instead of fucking up your body to be something you're not.
>>
>>7671974

Why should people arbitrarily limit themselves rather than achieving at their maximum performance? It is in fact possible to have a healthy relation to ADD meds instead of staying up 60 hours cramming before finals.
>>
How do you guys afford your ADD medication?

I swear it seems like everyone on the internet is loaded
>>
>>7668105
>amphetamines are neurotoxic
nice meme
>>
>>7670229
it's not unheard of for generics to be different than namebrand.
>>7671099
Caffeine tolerance takes forever to go away and caffeine 'lights up' the whole brain compared to certain areas that amphetamines do. not that i get any effect from either, my bloodline has a horrible trait of having a ridiculous natural tolerance to stimulants.
>>7671187
>L-amp is disgusting, d-amp is where its at.
d-amp is great but l-amp is what gives you that kick in the rear to do something
>>7671935
>feel like shit
well of course you do, ignoring the bupropion and sertraline, going off d-amp leaves you with a void. your body doesn't have much dopamine stored in your axons, your dopamine receptors are over stimulated, everything just feels flat right?
>>
>>7672707
bama care, but generic d-amphetamine salt mixture is like $2/pill at most.
>>
>>7672707
Parents. I'm not looking forward to having to pay for it on my own, however, eventually ill have to see if i can work my way off. Itll be tough as shit though.
>>7673338
>everything just feels flat right?
Yep, I know, that what im talking about. depending what im doing, if i miss a few days, i start to feel like shit, i can''t get out of bed, ill sleep till 3 pm, and if i do anything physical, i feel like someone beat the shit out of my entire body.
I assume thats what depression is like right?

When that happens, I start to think maybe im addicted (my body is a little obviously), but its not like I have an overwhelming drive to get more. Actually if im off it, I dont even want to go through the hassle of setting up an appt to get more.
>>
>>7673442
It's not addiction persay, just a lack of dopamine which gives you depression like symptoms. take some l-tyrosine supplements, can help your body make more.
>>
>>7674894
why amphetamine
>>
>>7672616
enjoy your heart attack
>>
>>7672616
When you cram studying for 60 hours before a final do you actually remember any of the material 2 years later? That doesn't seem like a sound learning technique.
>>
>>7668202
don't browse /pol/ on your phone dude
>>
>>7674927
Why amphetamine what?
>>7675031
i try not to but sometimes a man just needs to get angry at something
>>
>>7668989
Methylation makes it require a second pass through the liver, so it takes longer to metabolize. First pass removes the methyl group, leaving amp, which is also psychoactive, second metabolizes amp.
>>
>>7674935
I honestly don't remember even if I didn't cram.
>>
>>7668202
Oh lord
Thread replies: 120
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.