[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are the best fractals you've ever seen? Posting some
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: 01-inversez3.png (1 MB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
01-inversez3.png
1 MB, 1600x900
What are the best fractals you've ever seen?

Posting some OC. I remember when I used to be really into them before realizing that they pretty much all blow chunks
>>
Only the fractals I saw on high dosage shrooms trips were the most beautiful ones.
>>
>>7667422

There is a lake near here which always reminded me of the images of the Julia set. So one of those two fractals.
>>
>>7667422

Also the red one is clearly China, and the yellow one is clearly Russia. Well done commie OP.
>>
i find the mandelbox endlessly fascinating

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GON_tie5MVc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3GkU57Rm-U
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYfqlhM9p_0
>>
If you like fractals, take a look at geologic thin sections. They can look pretty similar.
>>
File: 31839_trippy-fractal-gears.gif (1 MB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
31839_trippy-fractal-gears.gif
1 MB, 500x500
>>
File: zoom.gif (2 MB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
zoom.gif
2 MB, 500x500
>>
>>7669148
The ones you see/are during a strong psychedelic experience are the best you can get. There is a very tangible intuition to the fractal at hand because it's very multisensory and your actual "body image" can be the medium that's being iterated. You are a complex plane.
>>
>>7669723

Is there an interactive version of this?
>>
>>7671243
yes
>>
>>7671253

link me senpai
>>
>>7671257
Some of the programs used for rendering the fractal in question.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.