[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you deal with cold logic /sci/? I love engineering because
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: kantimmaetext03cprrn10[1].jpg (21 KB, 268x401) Image search: [Google]
kantimmaetext03cprrn10[1].jpg
21 KB, 268x401
How do you deal with cold logic /sci/? I love engineering because of the creativity and personal touch involved, but for me math and science seems too impersonal. It seems that it heavily relies on some brain functions that can be named IQ. That is no artistry involved and the leap of genius is something impersonal that could be done by someone else in another time.
>>
well i prefer mathematics and science and i think you have the wrong attitude
>>
8/10, made me post
>>
>>7664897
well engineering is a bit "artsy" and it does give a lot of freedom because you're dealing with matter and materials, but to make leaps in mathematics requires far more creativity than great mathematicians are ever credited with.
>>
If you don't see the necessary creativity in inventing proof then I think you have an aesthetic repulsion. Otherwise you have a very unphilosophical definition of "creativity" in which case I hope the irony of posting Kant is not lost on you.
>>
>>7664910
Whats your attitude?
>>
>>7664937
that no matter what i enjoyed doing in life i would do it with creativity love, i just happen to like math
>>
>>7664943
creativity and love*
>>
I suggest you roll up a fat blunt, read kant again and research how logic and math are connected.

you have to think of math as a tool but you have to also understand the beauty of it's many applications.

which we have not discovered all of yet because the application of it, is in fact an artform, one which maybe is easy to learn but surely hard to master.

If you want to be a good engineer, you wanna do it better than the others and all they use to improve their invention is math.
>>
>>7664897
Those who can do, others Kant.
>>
>>7664897
>math and science
useful narratives for inspiration
and tools you can trust
no need to worship
simply use it
>>
>>7664897
Autism.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.