[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Black guy solves riemann hypothesis
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 5
File: hqdefault.jpg (11 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
11 KB, 480x360
Lol, even black Africans, with the second lowest iq, are smarter than the neckbeards of /sci/ that claim 150+ iq's.

http://www.olisa.tv/2015/11/15/nigerian-scholar-solves-156-year-old-mathematics-problem-called-riemann-hypothesis/
>>
where is the solution ?
>>
>>7663402
laughed heartily.
>>
>>7663402
Now you are generalizing way too much, while Sub-saharans display the lowest frequency of high intelligence genes this does no mean that every single sub-saharan is stupid, just means they are more likely to display lower degree of intelligence with fewer high intelligent individuals.
>>
>>7663402
Was it actually solved?
>>
The guy went to the ICMCS as the article says. He gave a 20 minute talk titled "A matrix that generates the point spectral of the Riemann Zeta function". In the abstract he doesn't claim to have 'solved' the Riemann Hypothesis.

http://computer.conference-site.com/proceedings_icmcs_2015.pdf
>>
>>7663402
>has become the fourth person in the world to resolve the Mathematics problem called the Riemann Hypothesis.

hmmm interesting
>>
>>7663402
http://www.academia.edu/1188935/Proof_of_the_Riemann_hypothesis

Can someone download this?
>>
>>7663477
the other three people had proofs so long they ran out of paper and couldn't write them down.
>>
>>7663402
>I don't understand averages
t. OP the outlier
>>
File: 1362611048236.jpg (3 KB, 126x106) Image search: [Google]
1362611048236.jpg
3 KB, 126x106
>>7663402
Hmmm, interesting site, OP. Let's see.
>About Olisa.Tv
>Olisa.tv is a lifestyle platform created to showcase the very best of Africa.
>Over the past decade, a social, economic and Cultural Revolution has taken place on the African continent. With a team of brilliant young and young at heart minds, new age thinkers and writers, we aim to chronicle this seismic shift.
>By merging popular culture with high-brow intellectualism, we intend to illuminate the positive beacons in a sea of negativity, to dislodge the crown on the head of mediocrity and enthrone meritocracy.
>Olisa.tv is the first of its kind. It is not just a blog. Olisa.tv is a blogazine. Welcome to the new Africa. Welcome to Olisa.tv.

Wait, what the hell?
>new age thinkers and writers, we aim to chronicle this seismic shift.
>merging popular culture with high-brow intellectualism

So let me get this straight: new age, pseudo-intellectual bullshit, packaged as a "blogazine"? Gee, sure looks like a credible source.

Also:
>the fourth person in the world to resolve the Mathematics problem called the Riemann Hypothesis.
after which it states
>Only three people have been able to solve three out of the seven millennium problems in the past 16 years. Dr Enoch is the fourth.
Do these morons even know what it is they're talking about?

And also the skeptic comments on HN: https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=10576434

Yup, it's bullshit matey.
>>
>>7663477
>Only three people have been able to solve three out of the seven millennium problems in the past 16 years. Dr Enoch is the fourth.

looks like just an error by the person who wrote the article
>>
>>7663496
That's probably not the only error
>>
>>7663489
To add, this post clarifies more: http://www.nairaland.com/2739995/opeyemi-enoch-not-solved-riemann

Looks like the Nigerian government is on a propaganda run. Also this funny quote:
>I was particularly amused by the line about discovering a "scientific technique for detecting and tracking someone on an evil mission."

Appropriate video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euXQbZDwV0w
>>
>>7663489

Someone is mad that a black guy is smarter than him.
>>
>>7663533
Mubumbo, pls
>>
While I'm a bit skeptical since there's no big news source on this, I did check the icms site for info and found photos of the guy.

http://computer.conference-site.com/photos.html

So the news might be true if the proof he provided pans out.
>>
>>7663539

The bruised ego showed easily
>>
>>7663546
Dispute my post or stop posting, mate. Not falling for this cheap ass bait.
>>
>lumping all subsaharan Africans together in IQ studies
>Lumping South and East Asians together in IQ studies
>thinking the term 'Latino' even means anything biologically

As it is, the race concept is unscientific as shit.

Anyways, everyone knows Nigeria routinely produces geniuses and that Nigerian immigrants are special.
>>
>>7663484
https://mega.nz/#!woQBxC6Y!iZCFunIi8PKKFKjxdy_gzLB4OSqaye4BdMlHai2_ppg
I'm still a dumb undergrad so it's beyond me anyway.
>>
File: DSC_0005.jpg (213 KB, 1280x853) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0005.jpg
213 KB, 1280x853
>>7663541
Sure looks like a big and important conference.
>>
File: wat.jpg (59 KB, 640x426) Image search: [Google]
wat.jpg
59 KB, 640x426
>>7663562
>that qt asian
>>
>>7663557
It's simply due to their population, which is huge.
An european country with that population would dominate for example, instead of simply producing a few genuises.
>>
>>7663496
>Only three people have been able to solve three out of the seven millennium problems in the past 16 years
that's not even true. only one of the millennium problems has been solved
>>
>>7663563

Hey this thread is about the Nigerian not your next asian qt to obsess over...but if you ever check out the site there's a better pic of that asian woman.
>>
>>7663563

3/10 at best
>>
File: DSC_0088.jpg (268 KB, 1280x857) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0088.jpg
268 KB, 1280x857
>>7663575
Oh wow she looks just like the animes
>>
>>7663402
I don't know about you assholes, but people really sleep on those Nigerians. I don't know why but they do have on average some of the smartest people in Africa.

People like:

Dr. Samuel Achilefu and Philip Emeagwali. Hell there was a news report about this Nigerian boy who was accepted into all Ivy League schools. Nigeria has smart people and i'm honestly not surprised that one can figure something out this complex. They might be the Aryans of Africa.
>>
>>7663402
posted by:

>Ukamaka
>Mother. Writer. Lover. King.
>King.
>WE WAS
>>
>>7663402
Every time I hear about an african achievement, or a black achievement in academia it is always in Nigeria. They have their shit together over there? That would be cool
>>
>>7663588
>Nigerian accepted into Ivy League schools
>implying literally anything except that one of those things correlates strongly with the other

You realize that there are rich people in african countries too. In the ones with real cities, some of those rich kids will be slightly not retarded- then, through the magical process of racism and privelege, they will be afforded boundless opportunities comparable to those of literal prodigies in the united states
>>
>>7664036

yeah, they've got approx 1st world country living conditions in their major cities iirc
>>
This one is by the BBC, which now officially stands fo big black cocks: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p03891wc
>>
>>7663588
We know.

The smartest blacks are immigrants from africa.

The problem is that they're outnumbered 10,000 to 1.
>>
>>7664057
I wonder what societal difference for them creates this single success story on the entire continent.
>>
>>7663402
How are you surprised when some Nigerians scam loads of money from people from the west all the time
>>
He didn't solve it. If it was solved, trust me the entire STEM world will jizz their pants. Riemann Hypothesis is the key to understanding prime numbers.
>>
/pol/ BTFO
T
F
O
>>
>>7663444
And that abstract, written in word, is full of meaningless jargon.
>>
>>7664170
Find the paper. It has the proof, I think. I don't think he solved it.
>>
>>7664058
I know sensationalism happens but HE also thinks that he solved the problem?

What?

I guess we have to wait for peer review or what have you. It doesn't make sense that someone who can write what he wrote would simply think he solved a problem he actually didn't solve.
>>
>>7664172
He literally says nothing in the abstract but technical jargon from several undergrad courses, unless someone put the paper in front of my face, I'm not going to bother.
>>
>>7663402
>implying nigerians aren't the smartest type of blacks.

You're not very /international/ are you?
>>
>>7664184
Its this>>7663484
But I need to see it as well. I'm very skeptical as well.
>>
This is bullshit.
Even the Nigerians don't buy it
www.nairaland.com/2739275/dr-enoch-did-not-prove
>>
>Dr Enoch had previously designed a Prototype of a silo for peasant farmers and also discovered a scientific technique for detecting and tracking someone on an evil mission.
This reads like poorly-written satire.
>>
>>7663484
scroll down. It's an incorrect proof by a German mathematician.
>>
>Nigerian solves 150 year old math equation
This is the country that scams people worldwide. Plus he didn't solve anything. He just threw a lot of big words to make it seem he is smart. I don't know how to nigger got invited to the conference.
>>
No he didn't. Blacks confirmed for low IQ.
>>
He didn't solve it.
>>
>>7663402
>Black guy solves riemann hypothesis
Riemann was black
Gauss was black
Fermat was black

we wuz mdhematishuns and chit
>>
>>7663402
is this the same guy?
>http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/16/nigerian-student-gay-marriage_n_3934518.html
>>
>>7663402
>what is an average

The average life span was 30 way back when, but that doesn't mean people just died of old age in their 30s.
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.