[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
There are approximately 7,380,936,119 people alive today. Approximately
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
There are approximately 7,380,936,119 people alive today.
Approximately 1/278 people has an IQ (sd15) of 140 or higher.
This correlates to preliminary approximation that 26550130 in the world who should have an IQ above 140.
We know however, that there is a large discrepancy between countries average IQ
If we are selective with our countries. Picking only developed Western countries (US, UK, Canada, France, Germany, etc), developed Eastern countries (China and Japan), and Australia, we get an approximate total population of 2,248,685,974, of which at least 8,088,798 people should be 140+ IQ.

Switzerland has a population of about 8,279,700
Hong Kong 7,298,600
Israel 8,419,700

Which country should we move all 140+ IQ people to? What would be the effects of this?

Pic related, countries by population density. Low population density, means moving all 140+ to a low density country means a greater proportion of "high" IQ individuals.
>>
I think you need a hobby
>>
>>7659440
Also, pick any country, I didn't mean to imply you had to pick Switzerland, Hong Kong or Israel
>>
>>7659440
I've always wanted to build a new city state in international waters and call it "Atlantis".
>>
>>7659440
Any country with enough space and a climate to support them.

These people, despite their autisms, could probably upkeep a country even in relative inhospitable place.

Best country, assuming the original population population would fuck off, would probably be USA, India, Italy (or other Mediterranean country) or China.
>>
>>7659441
Shitposting on /sci/ is a hobby :^)
This is still a better thread than flat earth bull shit :3
>>
is 140 even considered high? I got above that and I feel like a retard. I just read Neumann's wikipedia page and god damn, that's what it means to be intelligent. I dont, actually have anything to say related to your post, just thought I'd share :^)
>>
Honduras is bretty good
>>
>>7659560
140 isn't exceptionally high. But if we are talking about a population of 8.1 million that are 140IQ, rather than 1 million 150IQ or 68 thousand 160+IQ, then they would be too small a group to contribute to a country, in my opinion
>>
>>7659560
What did you get for your IQ? and what was the standard deviation?
If you used a standard deviation greater than 15 then you are actually retarded.
>>
>using iq as a measurement of intelligence
>>
>>7659579
as opposed to what ?
>>
>>7659582

Rate of privilege checking (RPC) is highly correlated with intelligence, and is better than IQ at predicting intelligence
>>
>>7659582
>thinking intelligence can be reduced to a single quantitative metric.
>>
>>7659592
of course it can't be, that's why we use sub-tests for IQ. The average isn't a great representation.
>>
>>7659569
SD 15, 145
>>
>>7659592
It can be within a respectable margin of error. IQ tests are fairly reliable until you move three standard deviations away from the curve. It isn't until you are dealing with extremes of the population that it becomes fairly unreliable.

But for the most part it evaluates the intelligence of most of the population pretty damn well.
>>
>>7659610
140 and below are within the error range of 145. If you took an actual IQ test you would know that. That you don't know that suggests you took an "online" "IQ" test, and got 145, which means you are likely retarded :^( sorry m8
>>
>>7659629
>implying I didnt take the test when I was five because I was acting out in school
>implying I know anything about it other than the score my parents told me
>implying im not a faggot for even mentioning this, and that whether Im telling the truth or not even matters
>>
>>7659440
>Which country should we move all 140+ IQ people to?
America.

>What would be the effects of this?
The rest of the world is purged in a cleansing conflagration; after nature has reclaimed Earth the American ubermenschen will go in an construct glorious shining arcologies.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.