[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why can't kekstructivists construct the largest prime number?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3
File: AjDKv8Q.png (362 KB, 1022x581) Image search: [Google]
AjDKv8Q.png
362 KB, 1022x581
Why can't kekstructivists construct the largest prime number?
>>
>>7654422
holy fuck did it change my kek to kek??
>>
>>7654424
wordfilters, faggot. now get where you belong:
>>>/trash/
>>
>>7654422
>>7654424
>look mom I'm still doing it!

jesus
>>
File: hqdefault (1).jpg (11 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (1).jpg
11 KB, 480x360
>>7654432
Still can't construct it huh? Yeah, I'll wait.

I guess constructing the same reply to an anonymous poster on a japanese imageboard over and over is the only thing you're good for

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXOuzytkHGA

Anyway, I'm done with this place. Later kuks
>>
>>7654451
>hah they're so mad now! and I'm not mad at all! i'm playing it so cool hahaha

wow
>>
>>7654422
n1 + 0 where n is the maximum of the set of prime numbers
>>
Is it filtering kek?
>>
if there is a largest prime P, then the number of primes is finite and you can multiply every prime. if you do that and add 1 you get an integer that is divided only by 1 and itself and therefore a prime, also larger than P.

also, is con filtered for some reason or what?
>>
>>7655618
it's c(uck) like
kek a doodle doo
>>
>>7655618
No, the number you get is not prime. Revisit the proof.
>>
If the universe is infinite, then aleph, null exists.
>>
>>7655618 is right, you will get a (larger) prime every time -- not necessarily the next prime number, though.
>>7655804 is wrong.
>>
>>7655804
Yes it is. It is not necessarily the next largest prime, but it's a prime.
>>
>>7654429
What was the original text?
>>
>>7655867
>>7655884
2*3*5*7*11*13+1=59*509

Checkm8 faggots
>>
>>7654424
more like kek
>>
If only there were some sort of free encyclopedia where you could look up information that's constantly added and/or modified by individuals who know about a certain subject.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Euclid%27s_theorem
>>
>>7655867
>>7655884
See >>7655905

The goal of the proof is to show that these primes aren't enough to give a prime factorization of the constructed number. Thus by the fundamental theorem of arithmetic, there must exist more primes.
>>
File: top-secret.jpg (12 KB, 445x210) Image search: [Google]
top-secret.jpg
12 KB, 445x210
>>7654422
>Why can't kekstructivists construct the largest prime number?
Don't tell anyone, but a small team of idealists is busy somewhere deep in the Arizona desert, constructing the world's largest prime number in a deep underground bunker.
It's made of Popsicle sticks and it's WAY bigger than 17.
>>
>>7656019
>>7655884
>>7655618

A modestly strengthened formulation of the goldbach conjecture holds there are no numbers above 7. That's the major flaw in this proof - the product of just the primes 3*5 is clearly undefined. We cannot simply assume the positive integers are inductive.
>>
>>7655668

kek or cock
>>
>>7656016
Proofs by contradiction dont work in constructive mathematics, we already had this discussion with OP and he isn't actually serious - he's just (still) "pretending" to be retarded.
>>
>>7654422
I want young Tami Stronach to suck on my dick, how's that for largest prime number? :^)
>>
Through days of research and performance testing, /sci/ has finally identified that word filters are a possibility within the universe.
>>
>>7656459
how the hell is it constructive mathematics if you cannot construct the very thing you posit to exist?

literally a kek
>>
>>7655804
He's right.
>>
[math]\aleph_{0}[/math] is the largest prime number.

Prove me wrong.
>>
>>7654422
There is a prime number that is the largest that can be represented within the observable universe in unambiguous terms. Larger primes do not and can not exist in any meaningful way.
>>
>>7657019
Posit to exist? You can't prove a largest prime doesn't exist but you certainly can prove it's false that it exists. So obviously you can't construct it.
>>
>>7657021
You people are fucking thick. Somebody earlier already posted a counterexample, yet you continue to say that it's correct. Just look at the fucking Wikipedia page if you won't listen to reason -- it has Euclid's proof.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Euclid%27s_theorem
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.