[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Teleportation
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: 98841893.jpg (62 KB, 360x240) Image search: [Google]
98841893.jpg
62 KB, 360x240
Give me your thoughts on how it co uld become possible
>>
Well, it depends what kind of teleportation, if it's transporter to transporter it's relatively easy. You vaporise the guy transmit his make up at the speed of light and 3d print him at the other side.

Transporter to anywhere else you need to break a few laws.
>>
>>7653552
If we somehow could ignore physics we could build you a teleporting device and you could teleport from glory hole to glory hole and get all that dick you crave, OP
>>
I mean like fast travel in games
>>
Why would we ever want to teleport around when we could just create the perfect self-developing AI that would take over the universe.
We always put our ego before anything else.. fuck us as individuals we done our part, we enjoyed our life time to die, expire and let room for the future.
We have no power and we are very vulnerable, an AI would be cold rational and will leave no room for failure or imperfection, it will seed out the entire universe with life allowing, will terraform planets to maximum efficiency and biodiversity. The gift of life will be enjoyed by the entire universe.

Or we can just go the other way around and have drone cage fights, and nuke ourselves to non-existance and the universe will go back to cold lifeless state again until hopefully intelligent life will arise on another rock.
>>
Se this os were i cant decide because i understand what you mean, but the re is stil the primal part of humans which want fredom
>>
Teleportation means you die. Its also pop-sci-fi.
>>
>>7653552
It's never going to happen.

To teleport an object, you'd need to know the exact position and moment of every single particle of said object, store that information, disassemble the object, finally reassemble the object elsewhere using the information you've sent along with it.

Pic related won't let that happen.
>>
>>7653591 i know just wanted to know peoples thoughts and theorys and the picture was just a randen one
>>
>>7653586
Then the question is simple:
I get copied somewhere, what makes me me?
The uniqueness of brain firing.
The illusion of me, then the illusion will be shared with my copy.
Even if the copy was my exact atomic makeup, it would instantanously start to become a new being, considering it will be located in another geographical or cosmic point where different values of physical forces might influence the bio-chemical reactions, the brain wiring would go in different way due to different interractions...
Ultimately we would just share the same memories, dna and nothing more... doesn't that mean that everything is unique, every atom, every reference point is unique and the concept of me or you is a wrong concept because we're something unique every quantum slice of reality.
>>
>>7653552
Depends what you mean by teleport. Quantum teleportation is a thing but it doesn't really "teleport" anything in the traditional sense of the word.

If you're talking about moving an object or information from one place to another instantaneously (FTL) though it's probably never going to happen.

Barring a major upset in our understanding of things it seems to be impossible.
>>
>>7653598
I wasn't referring to your pic, but to mine. It's a very reduced (in)equation relating to the uncertainty principle, i.e.: you cannot determine the position AND moment of a particle at the same time with any useful precision. No can do.

Without that, however, you won't be able to teleport anything larger than a single particle. Yeah, you could reassemble a bunch of particles in the exact spot where they should be, but they won't stay together very long if don't get the momentum right. Therefore:

>how it could become possible
It cannot and will never, sorry.

Ok maybe... if quantum mechanics is totally wrong and/or someone finds a way around that limitation, which then again would largely invalidate QM, yeah but if QM is wrong then we'll have bigger issues on hand than teleportation.
>>
>>7653623
I thought,and forgive because I am admittedly very ignorant on the subject, that using entanglement and classical communication channels one could both know both position and momentum?
>>
>>7653552
its easy, you just have to travel in a discontinuous line. multiply by 1 e.g. (x-2)/(x-2)
now x = 2 is excluded from your travel.
do this for all numbers you wish to skip in your trip.
and you have succesfully teleported
>>
>>7653633
>entanglement
Good thinking, in fact Einstein and Bohr went over that argument quite often.

Short version: If A and B are entangled and you measure the position of A, then the momentum of B remains uncertain and you'll break the entanglement in the process.
>>
>>7653658
Good thing the International Linear Collier will test this argument.
>>
>>7653552
"Teleportation" Could be possible if we find a way to exploit Quantum entanglement in a micro transistor to send electronic signals....

Basically you would put a robot body on different planets and because there would be no lag in the information sent and received you could use said bot as an avatar from a quantum pc on earth....

unfortunately no particle in a state of quantum entanglement has been found to date....
>>
What the fuck is going on with /sci/?
>>
>>7653760
The Chinese have teleported a photon, I believe over 4000 miles.
>>
But you are thinking about "instant" teleportation... That might break the laws of relativity and, as said before, Heisenberg's law.

But, what about thinking of wave field teleportations? If we could transform human information in some analogic signal (no need of digital storing) and sending that "signal" in a ultra ideal noise-free line, I think we could make it happen.

The other way i may think is singularities, but Hawkings radiation may break this theory.
>>
>>7653633
What you're describing is quantum teleportation. Entangled pairs + classical communications to "teleport" the quantum information of one particle to another.

This is not Star Trek style teleporting though, nothing is actually moved and it is not instantaneous. This couldn't be used to "beam" anybody up.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.