[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Animal vs human suffering
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: 1.jpg (67 KB, 622x396) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
67 KB, 622x396
Why should we invest so much resources, time and energy on the well being of animals when there are humans in much more dire states. Shouldn't humans be first priority /sci/?
>>
some people are just trash m8

our pets hold more value to us than them
>>
>>7653481
an animal that bring me joy is worth more to me than a human I have nothing to do with who brings me no joy.
>>
The world has be comedy weird
>>
Sorry become weird
>>
>>7653481
This picture triggers the fuck out of me
>>
Why should we spend time posting on 4chan when there are humans in dire states? Shouldn't that be our first priority?
>>
>>7653481
if i saw you in with a broken leg next to a dog with a broken leg

i would save the dog, humans are a pest, particularly edgelords like you
>>
We are a selfish race, talking about the betterment of the world, but not doping shit
>>
get out of the fucking anthropocentric bubble and start fighting speciesism!
>>
>>7653515
>Call people "edgelords"
>Insists humans are pests

It's like you have no self awareness.
>>
>>7653481
because people do what they want. and the shits that think animals are important will invest in them
>>
>>7653481
Humans should be first priority, apart from those that have made themselves worse than animals.

But people also get to decide how to spend their money and what causes they care about. If a animals make them happy, they're going to care more about those animals than people who they'll never see.
>>
One approach to moral philosophy is to let right and wrong be associated with pleasure and suffering. That if something causes displeasure without equally adding pleasure, it is a bad thing. This was the original approach used in Utilitarianism and it can easily include the suffering and pleasure of animals as well as humans.

You have to ask yourself, is the important thing whether it can feel or whether it can think?
>>
>>7653509
>That's the point.
>>
I always wanted my own pony.
>>
>>7653481
The vast majority of humans are vile, selfish cancer. Animals actually bring joy and peace of mind.
>>
>>7653558
it's 4chan, child
>>
This thread was moved to >>>/trash/106546
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.