[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What came first the chicken or the egg?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: FB_IMG_1446867181218.jpg (30 KB, 540x960) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1446867181218.jpg
30 KB, 540x960
Simple old question, prove the answer pussys
>>
>>7653161
Tyrannosaurus
>>
>i egged the chicken and then i ate his leg
>>
>>7653161
God created chicken and then they laid eggs therfore eggs came first
>>
>>7653164
>>7653166
>>7653169
I don't see a single mathematical proof faggots! You might as well be biologists for all I care.
>>
>>7653161

Eggs, as insects laid eggs back when chicken wasn't a thing.

Those were the times. Now it's all this "mammalian" fad, but that won't last.
Old, solid, reliable invertebrates. What else could you ask?

None of that circuzation, or what they call it.
>>
>>7653189

since insects exist longer than birds and also reproduce by laying eggs, the answer is pretty clear even without math.

just logic and a little history.
>>
>>7653161
Reptiles laid eggs before chicken
>>
>>7653200
and ur gonna tell me chickens com from inscects? whats next monkeys come from humans!?
>>
Non-chicken has a mutant freak baby
Mutant non-chicken has a mutant freak baby
repeat many times
Mutant non-chicken has an egg that will grow up into a chicken

Egg, depending on how strict your species classification system is
>>
>>7653161
Since the first chicken was first a zygote, product of mutation, recombination and fecondation from its ancestors, it is pretty clear that the first was the egg. However it is silly to think of it as a discrete change.
>>
>>7653161
1. Once upon a time, there was an ancestor of the chicken that laid an egg. Out of that egg hatched a mutation of this ancestor of the chicken: a chicken. Thus, the egg came first.
OR
2. Once upon a time, there was an ancestor of the chicken. Its DNA mutated and it became a chicken. Thus, the chicken came first.
It's either 1 or 2. Depends on your definition of chicken and on the exact time event (1) or (2). This question has no true answer
>>
>>7653161
eggs can't have sex

the rest is trivial
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.