[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have a question about the multiverse theory. How would a species
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: 1447182183022s.jpg (6 KB, 250x142) Image search: [Google]
1447182183022s.jpg
6 KB, 250x142
I have a question about the multiverse theory. How would a species even test for a multiverse? By definition doesn't it mean every universe is completely separate? So here's a multi-part question, feel free to address whichever one you want.

1. How do scientists today test for multiverses? or alternate(higher) dimensions?

2. How would a highly advanced species test for it, like say humanity in 500 years if we advance into space and dont destroy ourselves
>>
no one has anything to say?
>>
>>7651081
>multiverse

>>>/x/ is that way
>>
maybe you guys arent as smart as i thought
>>
>>7651108
I pity you. So ignorant ur not even willing to debate
>>
You can't test for it because it is a relation of ideas.
>>
File: 334651-hd-wallpaper.jpg (487 KB, 2560x1600) Image search: [Google]
334651-hd-wallpaper.jpg
487 KB, 2560x1600
The multi verse is a space without form and allows data to construct itself into meaning and organized existence, outside of this place is pure chaos and nothingness in one. This place is Nirvana. Within the multi verse are an infinite amount of universes, which is a singular universe with it's own private infinity.
These universes are "either, or" that being, they are either like ours, or not, but can never be ours. If we were to travel to a universe where you existed you wouldn't blow up, but you would die. There can not be two of you in a single universe, if so then the universe would become unstable because it now has two of you to work with, and just one more of anything can destroy an entire universe.
So lets stay here in home, but we can travel to different dimensions. These, unlike universes, are the layers of which a universe is comprised of. The highest dimension allowing light to become as water is to us and viewing all energies and matters. This can be achieved both by science and spiritual practice, but only if the science is used for the betterment of humanity.
>>
>>7651119
Idiots don't deserve to be debated. What have you done that would make me think it would be worthwhile to spend my time debating you?

Do you have any qualifications? Any publications? Anything that would indicate even a modicum of intelligence?
>>
File: 2015-11-06 14.29.25.png (36 KB, 630x233) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-06 14.29.25.png
36 KB, 630x233
Doesn't the Double-slit Experiment show multiple universes in the interference pattern? You literally see multiple universes interfering with each other in the light and dark bands
>>
>>7651547
lol wut
>>
>>7651547
desu senpai
>>
>>7651081
The current tests are an examination of the cosmic background radiation stemming from the big bang. What has been detected so far with the cobe satellite is this:-
A) The CMBR so far is universal, and constant, except:
B) An area of extremely high CMBR has been spotted and is continually being monitored.

The only explanation for this 'hot' spot, left over from the big bang is that it is an intersection from a second 'other' big bang - ie the beginnings of another universe.

As always, the James Webb telescope, will eventually tell us more as it will explore deeper into the origins of our particular universe.

Please remember that 90% of posters on /sci are aged about 14, hence the stupid replies to a very reasonable question.
>>
>>7651081
You probably can't, but it depends what you mean by the "multiverse". The way scientists use the word is not the same as the public "every possibility ever" view. The latter is called the many worlds interpretation, and is completely impossible to test.
The multiverse as scientists use the world is a collection of condensed pockets of matter that has stopped inflating within a larger universe that is still inflating. This could possibly be tested in some way, but it is far beyond our current technological, and theoretical, understanding. More generally, the multiverse might just be a collection of different string theory solutions, one of which we (probably) live in.
I'd say that this multiverse stuff is not really scientific. People working on string theory need to try to find the particular solution applicable to our universe, not just spout shit like "every vacuum appears in some universe, so lets just focus on the general theory and ignore the physical world we actually see around us!".
>>
>>7651547
what the fuck
>>
>>7651081
>By definition doesn't it mean every universe is completely separate?
No
There is no line of separation. Imagine the physical construction of each universe as the ends of a branch. You go back enough on that branch and you have the the non-physical potential blueprints, that branch out into these representations of possibility.

All of the multiverses are part of a larger universe. There's as much separation as one atom in your body to another. Yes they never "touch", but they interact with each other in a way that makes a human body as a team.
>>
>>7652515

how much hotter is the hot spot by the rest?

what form has it?
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.