[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will it ever be possible to travel to Pluto in a matter on months
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: DavidHardyPluto.jpg (215 KB, 575x384) Image search: [Google]
DavidHardyPluto.jpg
215 KB, 575x384
Will it ever be possible to travel to Pluto in a matter on months instead of years?
>>
yes and no
>>
>>7649081
What do you mean?
>>
I think it's possible with modern technology, might take 15-20 years to get there though at our current speed. That would be a long cold ride probably leave that to the Russians they seem to like chilling in space for long periods of time
>>
We could get there, but not in months with our current technology

>inb4 EM drive fanboys

Would take a couple decades as previously said. But I don't see any point in a manned expedition to Pluto. Mars is a good candidate for the sole purpose that it's more feasible/easier to garner public support.
>>
Yes but nobody wants to spend the money to actually use the engines that will get us there.
>>
>>7649078

One-way flyby? Yes.

Going and stopping there?
Maybe 2 years. Depents on the budget tbqh.
>>
>>7649141
Just accelerate up to Uranus orbit at 20 AU and then decelerate the remaining 20 AU until Pluto.
Maybe 30/10 or something since you initially need to move all the fuel you need at a later point of the journey
>>
>>7649078
EM Drive baby.
>>
Easily
It's just a matter of purpose of doing it, and lifting the tonnage for the ship out into space
>>
>>7649093
eventually yes.

right now no
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.