[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Saturn V or Space Shuttle
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: shuttle-saturn.jpg (537 KB, 1322x1001) Image search: [Google]
shuttle-saturn.jpg
537 KB, 1322x1001
Is one more iconic than the other? Or is just a generational thing? Will kids in the future even know what either of these two things were?
>>
>>7644509
I'd say more people would be able to recognise the Shuttle than the Saturn V, mainly because it's just more unique in appearance
>>
>>7644509
Shuttle is more iconic. Saturn V is more archetypal.
>>
Space shuttle is by far more recognizable. The shuttles were more unique in name and appearance, had more flights, and had more recent high profile incidents.
>>
Which one do you personally like better?
>>
>>7645753
SaturnV because the missions where exploration and adventure
>>
>>7645753
90% Left 10% Right
>>
>>7644509
Shuttle is way more iconic, Whenever a rocket is in a collage of "modern tech" it is the shuttle. However nobody can deny that the Saturn V was way more useful.
>>
>>7644509

>tfw no manned Buran missions ;_;
>>
>>7644509
Was the Saturn V the most powerful rocket ever excuted by man?
>>
>>7644509

If we are talking about the vehicle itself then the Space Shuttle, IMO. As impressive as the Saturn V was, its mission was what really made it iconic, not so much the vehicle itself.
>>
File: 1427041170874.jpg (89 KB, 960x547) Image search: [Google]
1427041170874.jpg
89 KB, 960x547
>>7644509

>Will kids in the future even know what either of these two things were?

>Do kids know anything about older technologies?

Ask someone under 15 what a VHS is. Or how to roll up a car window. Our to hang up a landline phone.

It was no different from my generation, I had no idea what betamax, 8-tracks or a Nickelodeon was. I can't see that changing.
>>
>>7644509

I bet a lot of people don't even know what the saturn V looks like
>>
Saturn V, and by a wide margin.

Saturn V: a masterpiece from the age where men were men, in an uphill battle against Soviet who had a strong lead in the space race it was the Saturn V that brought the defining utter and total victory to the US.

And just behold: 111 meters column of metal riding a huge pillar of fire in a way that can only be described as a religious experience when you see this rising into the sky.
https://youtu.be/DKtVpvzUF1Y
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.