[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Starting Physics Major
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: download.jpg (13 KB, 334x151) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
13 KB, 334x151
I'm starting a physics major having already taken Calc 1 in dual enrollment (high school) and chem 1 in DE as well. Any tips? Strategies to retain the information I'll be learning?
>>
It's not hard. You just need to treat it as a real job and put in 40 hour weeks by your second year. It's impossible to do badly unless you're really lazy as fuck.
>>
>>7644456
I'm also doing pre-med classes, and ROTC for the USAF. Do you think that's all manageable?
>>
>>7644459
>pre-med classes

Gen Bio, Orgo, and an extra English class freshman year; big whoop.

>ROTC for the USAF

Enjoy waking up at 5:30am every day and being yelled at for not polishing your shoes enough. Also, it's difficult as fuck to go directly into med school afterwards.
>>
>>7644486
All those classes are in the same year for med?
So my schedule would look like this my Freshman year?
Physics for engineers 1
Calc 2
Chem 2
Gen Bio
Orgo
English
>>
>>7644491
you most likely won't be able to take organic chem I if you haven't taken general chem II
>>
>>7644456
This. I honestly found a physic degree to be quite easy as long as I stayed on top of it, let yourself get behind and ur fkd though
>>
Do you guys think pre-med, ROTC, and Physics are manageable all at once?
>>
>>7644801
Yes, it is. You should stop doubting yourself because part of college is about realizing your true potential.

Just do it.
>>
>>7644801
Yes.
I am doing cell and molecular biology/chemistry double major and I do research in two labs and I'm teaching a biology lab course. You will be fine
>>
Alright, thank you for all of your input. Do any of you use certain tricks to retain equations and principles better? I'm a regular flashcard user but I was wondering if there's other ways that are equally effective.
>>
>>7644860
Be able to derive them or understand there physical meaning. You aren't going to remember them, take thermo for example, there's literally hundreds of equations
>>
>>7644801
>ROTC
Is it true that cadets give each other blowjobs so that they know what it's like to get fucked by the Army on a regular basis? Or are they all just retarded faggots by their own accord?
>>
>>7644898
I believe that Myth got busted on several occasions when the Air Force swooped in to save the Army grunts that were pinned down.
>>
>>7644906
Are you sure? I mean, I'd believe Airmen would come in to ride cushion on Army dick the moment someone said "cock" but I don't know if they'd have the balls to go top gun.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.