[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
is there any ACTUAL proof that vaccines are dangerous, more than
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1
File: vaccine[1].jpg (15 KB, 429x322) Image search: [Google]
vaccine[1].jpg
15 KB, 429x322
is there any ACTUAL proof that vaccines are dangerous, more than the diseases that they stop? Please don't just list TEH SPOOKY CHEMICALS that they have. I want hard evidence, because it seems like everytime a ton of people refuse to vaccinate themselves, we have a disease outbreak that could have been easily prevented
>>
>>7643460
No study databases?
see: CDC.

Go home
>>
>>7643463
There are study databases which have only corporate interest and grants in mind. Is it so confounded to think this cuts both ways in that corporations can control both the flow and ebb of scientific information? Vaccines make a lot of money, some people would be much poorer without them existing.
>>
There was only one study ever done on vaccines being dangerous and it was proven that the evidence was made up. I have no idea why people still believe it.
>>
>>7643472
vaccines only make around 2-3% of big pharma's overall profits

and if I have to choose between a corporation and threatening disease, I think the choice is pretty fucking obivous
>>
A small number of people will suffer side effects to any vaccine that are adverse enough to be considered significant. For influenza, for example, it's on the order of 1 in 1 million. But those risks are carefully weighed against the benefits of the vaccine, and since we tend to only produce vaccines for diseases with widespread and serious consequences, it always works out to be of net benefit to be vaccinated (and to convince/help everyone else to be vaccinated, too).

It's the most widely studied issue in public health, with an absolutely massive body of peer-reviewed evidence from mostly independent researchers in favour of this conclusion.
>>
>>7643501
Well, it doesn't always work out that way. A while back I was travelling internationally and wanted to get a bunch of vaccinations. My doctor talked me out of one of them on the grounds that the vaccine tended to have side effects, didn't provide terribly strong immunity, and although the disease would ruin my trip (and the rest of my month) it wouldn't cause permanent harm if I was unlucky enough to catch it, which I probably wouldn't even be exposed unless I was a hospital worker or something. So, the balance went the other way for that vaccine, for my situation.

But that's pretty different from the flu / pertussis / polio / tetanus / etc shots that people are mostly talking about
>>
>>7643510
That makes sense. For one trip, your risk of exposure would be small. But if you lived in that place and were constantly exposed, it might be worth it, and as you said, for hospital workers it definitely would.

The point is that the data is always available to be able to make that decision, and public vaccination initiatives are based upon that data.
>>
>>7643460
Umm can't we just let them die
It's better that way innit
>>
>>7643460
>proof
Doesn't exist. This isn't math, and this isn't some fantasy world where you verifiably have absolute knowledge of the whole and entirety of all things.

The word you're looking for is "evidence", or "indication". Scientific thought should be backed by inherent uncertainty, don't seek out binary answers. The best we've got is the implications of a set of evidence and how much confidence can be invested in a given conclusion based on it.
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macrophagic_myofasciitis
>>
>>7643610
What's your point?
>>
>>7643460
statistically there is a possibility that you can have some diseases, in very rare cases you can die, but this is really rare
>>
Someone might trip and fall and poke their eye out.
>>
vaccines are not dangerous. vaccines with thimerosal is
>>
>>7645677
False.
>>
>>7645677
>thimerosal is TEH SPOOKY CHEMICAL
fgt pls
>>
When was the last disease outbreak in the US?
>>
>>7645803
There have been some flare ups of measles recently b/c anti-vax is gaining popularity among some groups.
That said, it hasn't been anything like what happened before the vaccine was developed.
http://www.latimes.com/local/california/la-me-measles-20150418-story.html
>>
>>7645791
>>7645703
thimerosal IS mercury, which is lethal even in small doses retard. Google it for fucks sake.
Thats why they came up with other vaccine preservatives, and thats why the use of thimerosal have been in decline since then.
>>
>>7643460
Let's talk about flu shots instead. Why do people get these things again? Is there any evidence it meaningfully reduces influenza rates relative to their risks, compared to other approaches?
>>
>>7645811
>all mercury compounds have the same biological activity

you're a fucking idiot, not that this is going to convince you of anything:
http://www.cdc.gov/vaccinesafety/concerns/thimerosal/
>>
>>7645817
It shouldn't convince anyone of anything. Primary literature, or don't bother.

This is /sci/, and science is not a religion. Don't encourage people's tendency to line up and adopt the views of whatever perceived authority figure happens to be speaking. It's fucked us before, it's fucking us right now, and it'll fuck us all again.

Just don't do it.
>>
>>7645817
Look up what mercury is you dumb fuck. Stop begging to be spoonfed all the time.
>>
I got a meningitis B vaccine on Tuesday and there's still a big ass sore lump on my arm and I don't know why. I think it might be autism, what should I do?
>>
>>7645864
> big arm on my lump
> autism
you have autism either way
>>
>>7643460
>is there any ACTUAL proof that vaccines are dangerous
There is the problem right there.
People either say that all vaccines are good or all vaccines are bad, there's no other opinion being presented.
How is it possible for all vaccines to be good or bad when they are made for dozens of different diseases, in different countries, by different companies, etc..?
>>
>>7645868

I've been getting vaccines my whole life, my body must be chock full of autism by now.
>>
>>7645879
Why would you think that ? thats not even the claim.
>>
>>7645864
drink some bleach, that kills autism
>>
>>7645879
It's okay anon, because the autism can be metabolized over time.

Think of it like a ferrite inductor. You need to reach saturation before becoming permanently autismized.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.