[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /sci/ think about John B. Calhoun's mouse utopia
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 15
File: mouse.png (96 KB, 157x381) Image search: [Google]
mouse.png
96 KB, 157x381
What does /sci/ think about John B. Calhoun's mouse utopia experiment and how do you think it will reflect on humans?
>>
>>7640541
It's already happening in Tokyo and Sweden
>>
I think that all the people who don't know what John B. Calhoun's mouse utopia experiment actually is about should look it up on google. Because I am just a lonesome retard who cannot imagine that people do not know John B. Calhoun's mouse utopia experiment. After all John B. Calhoun's mouse utopia experiment is so important that it received its own thread on /sci/.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Z760XNy4VM
>>
>>7640560
It is very important to be frank.
>>
>>7640606
John B. Calhoun's mouse utopia experiment is very important, too.
>>
>>7640620
Lol shut up.

I think its important but not directly transferrable to humans as mice and rats have different inherent social structures than humans. But I'm sure everyone know at least one 'pretty one'
>>
>>7640541
You know I'm beginning to think this mouse utopia experiment by John B. Calhoun seems like it might be pretty important.
>>
File: MGTOW.jpg (49 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
MGTOW.jpg
49 KB, 500x375
I think it actually explains the emergence of MGTOW culture . Now I feel like a rat in a cage.
>>
>>7640606
Hi, I'm Frank
>Anecdotal evidence
But yeah, every petri dish end up dying.
>>
>>7640652
DESPITE ALL MY RAGE
>>
File: 1433995871616.jpg (77 KB, 580x700) Image search: [Google]
1433995871616.jpg
77 KB, 580x700
>>7640652
>The ‘beautiful ones’ withdrew themselves ever so quietly, removing themselves from the sick society. Solitary pursuits began to define them; eating, drinking and grooming among others. No scars on their back or hairs out-of-place, these mice behaved like a separate race. They saw the world through their narrow scopes, as they tossed, turned and tried to cope.

>In the end the population sank, even when it was back down to a tolerable level none of the mice changed back. The change was irreversible, the mice were different now. The secluded females could still bear offspring and the beautiful ones had the capacity to help produce them yet it never came.
>>
>>7640541
I'M SO FUCKIN PRETTY IT'S NOT EVEN FUNNY HOLY SHIT

AND I DON'T EVEN WANT SEX
HOLY SHIT I'M SO PRETTY
>>
>not calling it the Frank B. Calhoun's mouse utopia experiment
>>
>>7640557
I've heard about Tokyo, but what's happening in Sweden?
>>
What the fuck is this a meme?
>>
>>7640703
not breeding enough and overrun by violent desert mice with no regard for laboratory culture
>>
File: MGTOW.jpg (16 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
MGTOW.jpg
16 KB, 400x400
>>7640557

Google MGTOW anon, its the U.S. and Great Britain as well.
>>
>>7640720
MGTOW? What does that stand for? 'Mohn G Talhoun's Ouse Wootopia'?
>>
>>7640756
>19 replies
>11 posters
Please stop.
>>
>>7640652
>I think it actually explains the emergence of MGTOW culture
Actually that's "betas," and they've been hiding from society for as long as society has been around.
>>
>>7640762
It's 'beautiful ones' to behonest.
>>
File: gary-johnson-1-sized.jpg (17 KB, 213x273) Image search: [Google]
gary-johnson-1-sized.jpg
17 KB, 213x273
>>7640756
I do not know why thats so funny...
>>
>>
>>7640760
>>7640762
>>7640771
>>7640792
>>7640794
24 replies, 13 posters
you people stop too then
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (235 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
235 KB, 1920x1080
>>7640807
>>7640760
one of the beautiful ones
>>
>>7640541
>John B. Calhoun's mouse utopia experiment
largely discredited, subsequent analysis shows the artificiality of the experiment is the lethal condition being coped with.
>>
File: images (3).jpg (9 KB, 248x203) Image search: [Google]
images (3).jpg
9 KB, 248x203
The beautiful mice would mate with the females if they weren't such gold digging whores.
>>
>>7640892
see you at the gym.
how many kids did zyzz have?
>>
>>7640891
So like metropolises?
>>
File: Cute-Bunny.jpg (108 KB, 500x400) Image search: [Google]
Cute-Bunny.jpg
108 KB, 500x400
I want to have a rat as a pet, I wish they would sell "beautiful ones" a the petshop
>>
File: Sweden YES.png (941 KB, 681x866) Image search: [Google]
Sweden YES.png
941 KB, 681x866
>>7640703

Degeneracy untold
>>
>>7640903
Cities are unpleasant to live in and artificial to a degree, but not artificially utopian. People don't exist in them removed from the pressures they are designed for. Those mice and rats had all the food and water they needed and no predators.
Humans living in cities still have all the pressures they were designed to face, just hugely mitigated, they still need to use energy to acquire food, shelter and status. The status point is telling, we are way more complicated than mice and can use our brains to adjust to living in really terrible conditions. A utopian closed area would mince us, but we would develop a culture to cope with it.
As artificial as cities are, we can leave them if they stress us more than is worth staying for. The city then dies but individual critters move away. Humans, dogs, antelopes, any mammal would boom wither and perish in a bottle with all needs catered to. That's the point beyond that experiment.
>>
Unlike mice we have tools that can record are history so we can remember how to make fuck and talk to others.
>>
>>7641330
Hey how do I make fuck and talk to others?
>>
>>7640586
Is there no better vid?
>>
>>7641157

This can't be really. I've read the memes about Sweden but this can't actually be real. Not even religious and this pisses me off holy shit.
>>
>>7640541
You do know that John B. Calhoun's mouse utopia experiment is a hoax, right?
>>
>>7641256
>>A utopian closed area would mince us, but we would develop a culture to cope with it.

Look upon my coping mechanisms, ye mighty, and despair.
>>
>>7641598
citation needed
>>
>>7641556
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvmPjdDDDS4
>>
>>7640541
better question: why is behavior research so full of fucking crazies
>>
>>7641581
http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/202493#.Vj0hhdUrL4Y
http://www.christiantoday.com/article/lesbian.bishop.wants.to.remove.church.crosses.so.muslims.wont.be.offended/66831.htm
>>
>>7642170
What's crazy about it?
>>
>>7641256
What about being a welfare NEET in a nice European city? Doesn't that come close?
>>
File: wall.gif (40 KB, 251x242) Image search: [Google]
wall.gif
40 KB, 251x242
>>7640541
>>7640586
> 3:11 Excess males strived for acceptance, were rejected and withdrew

Sounds like 4chan to me.
>>
File: WhyDoesGod.jpg (107 KB, 450x338) Image search: [Google]
WhyDoesGod.jpg
107 KB, 450x338
>>7640586
> 3:56 All appeared as a beautiful exhibit of the species with keen, alert eyes and a healthy, well-kept body [...] Though they looked inquisitive, they were in fact, very stupid

/fit/?
>>
>>7641256
>Cities are unpleasant to live in
i love my little downtown hipster apartment. fuck you buddy.
>>
>>7642684
coping well i see.
>>
>>7642552
sitting in a room and knowing all about anime is a coping strategy, not living.
>>
>>7642707
coping with what? please detail what makes city life so abhorrent to humans?
>>
>>7642724
Not him, but I assume it's like the skeletal/muscular wasting that occurs in space from lack of gravity. Basically living free of stress or want is not something we've had to adapt to, and the lack of it deprives us of what we need to maintain ourselves.
>>
>>7642743
we can get plenty of stress from gossip and video games though.
>>
>>7642752
No, that's just a sign your stress system has down-regulated, sort of like how lifting your arm might feel difficult if you were forced to not move it for 6 months. It actually is indicative of the problem.
>>
>>7642763
So we need more raids, rape, murder and tiger maulings in order to be healthy?
>>
>>7642743
>free of stress or want
>city
This is how I know you don't know what the fuck you are talking about.
>>
>>7642724
Noise. Bad air. Crowds. Traffic.
Watch city kids learn to enjoy making loud noises in the country without having to worry about who they are waking up. See the black shit at the bottom of a man's lungs and the surgeon says -yeah, lives in the city.
Read the feels threads started by nerds who callously post in rekt threads. A tight knit community would normalise you to despise such nonsense.
City people skittering around quickly, talking fast and watching out for deadly traffic full of stressed out monkeys in tons of rolling metal.
You're used to it, you have been taught cities are some great achievement. The next level is a world carpeted by villages without the isolation or crowding that urbanisation provides both of.
Work from home, be around your family, know everyone you meet. Sounds awful i know, if you're suffering from Stockholm syndrome.
>>
File: charleroi.jpg (206 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
charleroi.jpg
206 KB, 800x600
>>7642862
There is no next level, city life is the end game.

Your pastoral fantasy is dying, m8.
>>
r/K evolution is more substantiated and a better description of cultural phenomenon.

Prove me wrong, protip: you can't
>>
>>7642681
>/fit/
>healthy, well kept bodies

ayyyyy
>>
>>7642681
sounds more like instagram scum,
>>
>>7642862
>le 'city ppl rushing around meme'
Buddy, country folk rush around just as much with chores and schedules and the general daily grind.
I've lived both rural AND urban, they both have their drawbacks.
I'm liking the city so far in how not everyone is up in your fucking business all the time and have nothing better to do than gossip about each other.
>>
>>7642992
>not everyone is up in your fucking business all the time and have nothing better to do than gossip about each other.
That is only really because they dont care about each other.
Gossip is only interesting when you find your neighbors interesting and care about them.
By care I dont necessarily mean like. I mean you care because what impacts them, impacts you. This is the case in smaller communities where people have larger circles of friends.
In a small town, people will often have hundreds of friends that are not coworkers , who they see or hear about regularly.
In cities ,this number is much smaller for most people.
>>
>>7643122
>hundreds of friends
literally impossible.

are you one of those americans who calls every vague acquaintance a friend?
>>
>>7643151
Not impossible if you live an entire life in a small town.
The kids you went to high school with are still people you run into in the super market.
Where I live, the super markets are like cocktail parties. Its hard to get your shopping done because so many people know each other and take a moment to catch up.
People live like this. Maybe not in every small town , but it happens.
>>
>>7643158
No, I mean literally impossible. As in physically the brain is not capable of hundreds of real friendships. What you call friends are just vague acquaintances at best.
>>
>>7643164
>As in physically the brain is not capable of hundreds of real friendships.
Actually the number usually taken as true is 150-300. The military bases its groupings on this I believe.
>>
>>7643166
That's general relationships/knowing who someone is and what his or her 'context' is though. Maintaining a friendship requires a lot more.

But friendship is a pretty vague phrase that gets used for a large range of relationships, of course.
>>
>>7643175
I define a friendship as someone I will stop and catch up with if I have not seen in a while.
Yes I have over a hundred of these.
If you call those acquaintances then fine but I know all about who these people have dated in the past, who they are with now , what struggles they have overcome. What they are working to achieve.
>>
>>7643194
>making small talk with hundreds of people all the time
This is my idea of hell.
>>
>>7643158
Townie
>>
>>7640541
>>
>>7644338
so /r9k/?
>>
File: no just no.jpg (5 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
no just no.jpg
5 KB, 200x200
>>7640541
>a large number of mouses forcibly coexisting in a tiny room is analogous to the human society
>>
>>7644707
Yeah, I dun fucked up, English is not my first language.
Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.