[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>2015 >there's still no effective cure to baldness
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 10
File: 8100_8174_3.jpg (382 KB, 968x510) Image search: [Google]
8100_8174_3.jpg
382 KB, 968x510
>2015
>there's still no effective cure to baldness

What the hell is taking so long, /sci/? My hairline is starting to recede and I'm not ready to go bald.
>>
File: Alien autopsy lab.jpg (83 KB, 1024x405) Image search: [Google]
Alien autopsy lab.jpg
83 KB, 1024x405
there's a reason why cavemen had more hair and aliens have no hair m8. its evolution getting rid of the excess hair
>>
>>7640501
I don't want to be bald, anon. ;_;
>>
>>7640507
unless your have good looking long hair, being bald is pretty attractive to many females. Just lift some weights and you'll grow to love it.
>>
Haha baldlets in charge of not being ugly lmai
>>
>>7640516
No thank you. Being bald doesn't look good on everyone and I also don't want to go for the balding look either. I just want to keep my full head of hair.
>>
Fun fact, male-pattern baldness is genetic but for those who have the genes for it, it's actually triggered by hormones. Male-to-female transsexuals don't get male pattern baldness for example, since with hormone therapy they have the same hormones as biological women. Those who start hormone therapy after already developing hair loss actually gain some of their hair back depending on the damage, and of course the estrogen makes their hair thicker and stronger as well. So it is completely preventable as long as you're willing to feminize/sterilize yourself.
>>
>>7640489
Implying i've not been shaving my head since i was 19.

bald + beard = epic.
>>
>>7640516
I cannot explain how mad this makes me. Fuck you and your "deal with it" Have you not realized that perhaps some people like their hair? it has nothing to do with what women think it is so fucking obvious that society doesnt care yet people still want their hair back because they fucking like it. Seriously men get a shitty deal in today's society. Lose anything that you love? "just suck it up faggot". A woman gets shitloads of support if she loses her hair when it's not like men avoid bald women like the plague.
>>
>>7640540

Been bald since 13.

I feel like I'm covered in cat shit if I let it grow more than a couple mm.
>>
How much longer until the Japanese's stem cell hair regrowth releases to the public? I can't wait any longer.
>>
>>7640501
That's where American tax money go - into crafting plastic alien dolls to beg for more money so they can fight alien terrorism.
>>
>>7640540
Everyone I've seen who's bald with a beard looks like a creepy child molester.
>>
>>7640489
Isn't hair baldness related to testosterone?

It is hormones. Deal with it.

Everyone cried when they reached highschool and lost their baby smooth skin they had before puberty.
>>
>Minoxidil
>Finasteride
I don't really promote using finasteride because your hormone levels won't be natural and it's obvious how that can be bad.
>>
>>7641249
I just started using Minoxidil alongside with Nizoral shampoo. Hopefully it'll restore my hair. My condition isn't that bad, it's just phase 1 near my crown, but fuck finasteride. I hear some of the bad side effects never go away. What good is having great hair if your dick is totally worthless?
>>
>>7641211
> fake plastic alien trees
keep telling yourself that ;)
>>
File: community_image_1418393964.png (394 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
community_image_1418393964.png
394 KB, 1024x1024
>>7640520
>not having high testosterone as a male
Pussy faggot
>>
Finasteride is extremely effective in preventing any further hairloss

Start on fin, hope you don't get sides, and wait for a better alternative
>>
>>7641288
There has to be an alternative to finasteride that doesn't involve destroying your libido and turn you into a faggot. How's RU-5881? Is it any effective?
>>
>>7641865
>Finasteride turns you into a faggot
How? Source? I wanna be a faggot.
>>
Nearly every man will begin balding in their life. Just deal with it
>>
>>7641865
>>7641881

kek
>>
>>7641922
Not really. Only roughly 30%
>>
>>7640501
I wish our heads were that large.

>>7640489
No money in a cure. Lots of money in repeat (or lifetime) purchases of mildly effective treatments.
>>
>>7642173
>No money in a cure. Lots of money in repeat (or lifetime) purchases of mildly effective treatments.

>In the United States, automotive design reached a turning point in 1924 when the American national automobile market began reaching saturation. To maintain unit sales, General Motors head Alfred P. Sloan Jr. suggested annual model-year design changes to convince car owners that they needed to buy a new replacement each year, an idea borrowed from the bicycle industry, though the concept is often misattributed to Sloan.[5] Critics called his strategy "planned obsolescence". Sloan preferred the term "dynamic obsolescence". This strategy had far-reaching effects on the auto business, the field of product design, and eventually the American economy. The smaller players could not maintain the pace and expense of yearly re-styling. Henry Ford did not like the model-year change because he clung to an engineer's notions of simplicity, economies of scale, and design integrity. GM surpassed Ford's sales in 1931 and became the dominant company in the industry thereafter.
>>
>>7640531
Arent you a clever little neo-nazi.
>>
>>7642126
Nah dude. Something like 85% of men suffer some degree of hairloss by age 70.

Some of us are unluckier and it starts earlier. For others it might never be noticeable (because they die of old age before it becomes so). But most people don't reach old age with the same fullness of hair of their teens and 20s.
>>
Replicel should come out in this decade, problem is when exactly.

With that said, how effective are modern day wigs? I don't need one but I don't know how long I'll have a full head of hair before there's an effective cure or treatment.
>>
Currently bald with a Tom selleck moustache
>implying I give a fux
>>
>>7640501
so i guess this guy is the next evolutionary step, then?
>>
>>7644074
ayy lmao
>>
>>7640531
This is not true keep quiet midget.
>>
>>7644080
White master race right there.
>>
File: 4a8259427562956.jpg (41 KB, 590x421) Image search: [Google]
4a8259427562956.jpg
41 KB, 590x421
I started a thread about JAK inhibitors (which are currently undergoing tests on slapheads) a few weeks ago, but a /sci/tard informed me that they won't work.
>>
>>7640489
>>7640507
>>7640523
http://youtu.be/8cTkTEpEYfk

>>7640540
>shaved head=bald
No
>>
I don't understand what the fuck is taking so long. A cure for baldness, hell a treatment that actually worked that didn't have huge trade-offs like finasteride, would generate tens of billions in profit. There would always be demand for this shit, so why the hell is there no proper investment into a solution like this? How hard can it be with the amount of research, knowledge and technology advancements we made over the past two decades?
>>
>>7640489
JUST
>>
>>7643951
It affects 60% of men past the age of 35. The ones that cope it earlier has it worse...
>>
>>7645126
Yeah it really surprises me :/...
>>
>>7644089

It's actually 100% true, MBP is caused by the accumulation of DHT (a testosterone metabolite) in your hair follicles. Propecia (finasteride) is a reductase inhibitor that prevents testosterone from being metabolized into DHT, which is how it stops further hair loss and reverses early stage hair loss.

Of course you can also just take an antiandrogen like spironolactone or cyproterone to prevent testosterone from being synthesized in the first place, but then you should probably also take an estrogen (estradiol usually) because your body lacking sex hormones entirely leads to things like osteoporosis, premature aging and death, etc.
>>
it's actually natures way of preventing low genetic specimens from breeding

hope this helps to be frank my blood relation
>>
>>7640546
But you look like a huge faggot when you complain about it.

I lost all my hair when I was 18 and it sucked but I got over it. Will some women not like it? Yeah but some women won't like it if you're not 6' or if you don't have a certain build. Get over it m8
>>
>>7640507
>>7640489

grow up. people who care about their hair live anxious, insecure, and pathetic lives.
>>
File: freddieljunberg.jpg (15 KB, 287x320) Image search: [Google]
freddieljunberg.jpg
15 KB, 287x320
>>7645602
Kek
>>
Tomorrow is the Hair Loss Conference in Florida. Wonder if we'll see anything new?
>>
>>7640507
You'll get used to it. I started losing mine at around 24, am now 26. Just shave it. a lot of women like the look
>>
>>7641234
It means they have a lot of testosterone. Which means their sperm count is very high. There is a reason why women find bald men attractive.
>>
Onion juice. Something having to do with its sulfur contents. It's been scientifically proven to cure, reduce and reverse /alopecia areata/.

If anyone plans on using this method, as to combat the stench (HIGH sulfur contents) a concoction of coconut oil. 4 drops rosemary oil and 4 drops lavender oil can help to alleviate some of the stench. Chemical properties of both oils conducive to hair growth, but also removes oils (rosemary in particular) making the sulfur less...in your scalp. Diapplication's plausibly necessary,
>>
>>7649558
Actually, bud, back in the day people fasted, naturally. When we fast it induces MUCH higher HGH secretions. HGH preserves protein. Hair's practically all protein.

SO BACK IN THE DAY

If you didn't have hair you didn't have protein. Superior hunters had what? Superior amounts of protein. Women wanted men with hair.

DHT (what causes baldness)'s also because men with high testosterone don't use their bodies in ways applicable to testosterone conversion (into utilized energy). Obviously breeding alters testosterone and therefore conversion into DHT. More breeding, less unused testosterone (less stress), more hair.
>>
>>7640489

It has been cured. Its just that you would probably not want the side effects that come with it
>>
>>7649591
back in days men didn't live past 30. So this is why they had hair.
>>
>>7640489
Actually there is. You just don't know how to google.
>>
>>7649614
There're no historical records of our prehistoric ancestors not living past the age of 70. Why they died was probably a product of older primates' inabilities to gather food, which is, for the most part, inapplicable today.
>>
File: 4.jpg (28 KB, 285x347) Image search: [Google]
4.jpg
28 KB, 285x347
>>7640489
>there's still no effective cure to baldness

But there is!

There is at least 1 effective way of curing male pattern baldness.

But as this guy said >>7649613 you just don't want the side effects.

The Romans back in the day figured out that eunuchs did not lose their hair at all.

So it's simple OP. All you have to do is cut off your balls and you will never suffer from male patter baldness ever again.

So, tell me, OP... How badly do you want to keep your hair?
>>
>>7649614
>back in days men didn't live past 30.

Except that's fucking wrong, you retard.

It's been proven time and time again that life expectancy was long, but the reason the average life expectancy is dragged down is because so many people died at birth or a young age. But those who did make it past their teens usually lived long.
>>
File: HairCells.jpg (75 KB, 448x253) Image search: [Google]
HairCells.jpg
75 KB, 448x253
>http://www.kurzweilai.net/scientists-use-stem-cells-to-grow-new-human-hair-in-the-lab
>Scientists use stem cells to grow new human hair in the lab
>“Our next step is to transplant human dermal papilla cells derived from human pluripotent stem cells back into human subjects. We are currently seeking partnerships to implement this final step.”

You know how they can take hair from another part of your body, and implant it on your scalp? But how this technique is limited, because the implanted hairs die eventually? Well, we can now take samples from a patient, and grow unlimited numbers of new hairs. So, as the old ones fall out, new ones can be implanted, fighting baldness.

It isn't a cure, but it's a perfect medicine for the symptoms. If you were to start female hormones, the new hair would fall out at far slower rates - this would be a true cure for baldness, and in fact will probably be the means that the cosmetic industry capitalizes on this. You could just keep implanting more and more hair, until any arbitrary level of thickness was achieved.

Also, your hair grows for a certain amount of time and than stops. Women experience mild hair loss during menstruation, and more severe hair loss during pregnancy. Some people have stronger hair than others, and this is largely hormonal. There's a lot we need to figure out, but I feel confident that everyone in this thread will die with beautiful heads of hair that stretch to the ground - if they want it.

Tooth decay is also being cured. Elongated telomeres return youthful hormone sensitivity - the smooth skin and plump cheeks of childhood might be ours again. All of these treatments require regular re-applications, but to give people what they want out of the technology these re-applications will have to be spread apart by decades to deliver the aesthetic expections people already take for granted.

We can also print bones, so there's no part of your body which will have to be left up to nature.
>>
>>7649550
I'm too lazy for that. I'd probably look good with a shaved head too but it's so much work that I'd rather just look like a balding dude.
>>
>>7642182
>GM surpassed Ford's sales in 1931 and became the dominant company in the industry thereafter.
and then what
>>
>>7640531
How do you explain balding in women genius?
>>
>>7640540
>>7640563
I think shaving your head and keeping the follicles low to the roots might have some effect.

I haven't observed it or studied it extensively.
But people who purposely shave their head before they start balding might be able to prevent it from happening.
Kinda the same theory as cutting grass. The cut follicle will grow back stronger
>>
File: CE0492.jpg (37 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
CE0492.jpg
37 KB, 600x600
>>7650012

>not wanting a lush turf on the top of your head to attract bees and butterflies.
>>
Just wash your scalp properly, OP you retard.
>>
>>7640489
https://gumroad.com/l/perfecthairhealth
>>
>>7649613
>It has been cured.

No it hasn't. Fin doesn't work on everyone and most don't get their hair back, it just stops or slows down the loss.
>>
>>7640531
actual MTF girl here, that's not entirely true. There are trans women out there who still lose their hair despite their hormones being in the female range. I know, because I'm one of them. The only sure way to stop male pattern baldness entirely in these cases is castration. I guess some people's hair are just more sensitive to DHT. It sucks.
Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.