[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just started to read Basic Mathematics by Serge Lang because
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
I just started to read Basic Mathematics by Serge Lang because I feel that my mathematics foundations are not strong and solid and frequently I get sloppy at reasoning while solving some problem.
>>
This book is terrible. Find something else OP
>>
>>7640386
From what I've read so far it seems pretty good, I'm not sure you know what you are talking about desu
>>
op, start with this for a strong foundation (preferably in order):
-pre-algebra
-algebra
-euclidean geometry
-trigonometry
-logic/model theory
-precal and calculus

plenty of pdf's online
to not get off on a rocky start, search for pdf lecture notes
>>
>>7640352
can you hook me up with a PDF senpai? no seeds...
>>
>>7640352
Cool. I'm reading a first course on calculus by serge lang, too. I've been reading for two days so far and I've already covered conic sections. I don't do the problems or anything because I know how to solve them but I'm trying to figure out why the fuck so much time was wasted teaching math in high school. The concepts aren't hard and we waste HOURS teaching them in public school. All the more reason to homeschool I guess.
>>
>>7640571
Just check the book out from your local library.
>>
>>7640440
LOL

people complain about common core all day every day everywhere yet the list you make has the same progression
>>
>>7640595
stop playin', familia.
>>
>>7640588
lol at everything you just said.
>>
>>7640618
That is the most logical progression...
>>
>>7640588
Memories d00d

Lang was my first encounter with calc. Though I can now appreciate just how shit that book is, at 15 it gave me a welcome "here's content, and guess what: you can actually just read it and learn it in a coherent manner" to contrast with the ack-basswards "discovery" and "investigation" paradigm of high school math (rest assured these were misnomers)
>>
>>7640733
The book isn't shit.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.