[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is mathematics the purest science?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: math_number.jpg (1 MB, 1000x719) Image search: [Google]
math_number.jpg
1 MB, 1000x719
Is mathematics the purest science?
>>
>>7640282
define pure and then you'll see
>>
physics is the most pure. mathematics is not a science, it's in a category of its own. its just mathematics.
>>
>glorified sudoku puzzle solving for unemployed and developmentally regressed neckbeards
>mental masturbation without basis in reality

NOT SCIENCE
>>
>>7640282
Much of mathematics is a hacked together mess.
>>
>>7640301
>You still need us to do any serious science
>>
THE MOST PURE SCIENCE IS INDIVIDUAL AND COLLECTIVE HUMAN INTELLECT PUT TO WORK TO CONSTRUCT GREAT THINGS
>>
>>7640282
>mathematics
>a science
>>
File: 1446213660617.jpg (23 KB, 381x390) Image search: [Google]
1446213660617.jpg
23 KB, 381x390
>>7640302
That's not how you spell "Chem 101+102."
Holy shit, what a clusterfuck. The amount of times they tell students "This is true....but not reeeeeaally" or "the proof for this is beyond the scope of this course" is fucking hysterical.
>>
>>7640329
I just function on the working assumption that the universe on our scale is a grand intertwined deterministic machine. This makes the existence of "edge cases" or a violation of a general "rule" trivial and easy to sort out and store. At its core is a rejection of general rules.

But yes, it definitely doesn't make learning straightforward. Much of that is why you don't really see anyone who's just a general "chemist".

Math is worse though. I feel like at every instant I'm wading through someone's arbitrary shit, no matter how much "rigor" they claim is behind it.
>>
it's all the same shit who cares as long as ur not a biologist desu
>>
File: 1443025858753.png (803 KB, 987x758) Image search: [Google]
1443025858753.png
803 KB, 987x758
umaru is
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.