[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there an easy way to tell what's real gold and pearls?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (82 KB, 425x750) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
82 KB, 425x750
Is there an easy way to tell what's real gold and pearls?
>>
You should be physically superior to pure gold
>>
>>7639679
magnet
>>
>>7639682
What?
>>
File: 523522.jpg (7 KB, 251x201) Image search: [Google]
523522.jpg
7 KB, 251x201
>>7639679
Pearls are sea pimples

hdf do you compare that to gold?
>>
>>7639679
cyanide and acid
>>
IIRC some Greek, maybe Archimedes, had a trick of finding out whether something was gold or not. And if Archimedes can do it....
>>
>>7639700

Bite the gold
>>
>>7639709

And gold is a yellow rock. So?
>>
>>7639679
source of pic?
>>
to test gold you can you use a special acid - you have different types of acids for various gold% (14kt,18kt...). so if its a jewel, and its hallmarked, you know what type of acid to get.
to test pearls you can:
1. nibble on them with your teath - pearls have a sandy texture while fakes are smooth.
2. put the pearls on your forehead - pearls are organic so they should feel colder than fakes.>>7639679
nice boobies btw. your mom?
>>
>>7639679
I read about this in Exhalted, there was a pearl test they used for poison...

As for gold, I hear you can bite down on it and if it leaves an indent its pure.
>>
>>7639679
Those nipples are pearls.
>>
>>7639679

Them titties.

Them titties are real gold.
>>
find the density
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.