[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If all HIV infected died right now, will HIV eternally end or
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: 1348568495005.jpg (32 KB, 419x340) Image search: [Google]
1348568495005.jpg
32 KB, 419x340
If all HIV infected died right now, will HIV eternally end or can humans contract it again from another source
>>
SIV would still exist in cheeky little monkeys and it is possible that someone would contract a version of that again.
>>
>>7639184
The virus was traced back to the Congo in the early 20th century. to bushmen who used to hunt and kill chimps for food/money. SIV was transmitted to humans in that time frame, but since Congo had a lot of other diseases and poverty most people died of those diseases. It wasn't until Haitians workers returned to Haiti that the virus became noticeable to public health officials. By that time in the 1970s it had spread to the US and from there the world. Now you know how HIV/AIDS spread.
>>
File: hiv.png (24 KB, 483x218) Image search: [Google]
hiv.png
24 KB, 483x218
>>7639184
>>
>>7639184
If they all died, then the virus would probably die with it.
However:
>>7639203
Contracting the virus again from chimps and having it spread as it has again seems pretty unlikely to me. We could just kill all the chimps too. AIDS solved. Only murdered millions.
>>
>>7639184
Well, it seemed to work with smallpox, so I don't see why not.
>>
>>7639358
>it seemed to work with smallpox
It was megapox that was extinct by killing everyone that had it. Smallpox was wiped off due to vaccination.
>>
>>7639365
>megapox

What the fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>7639348
>We could just kill all the chimps too.
Do you have any idea how monumental this task would be?
>>
>>7639863
Not very. We're doing it right now and we're not even trying.
>>
>>7639861
Another strain of pox
>>
>>7639898
Link me to some scientific literature por favor.
>>
>>7639184
>If all HIV infected died right now, will HIV eternally end or can humans contract it again from another source

That's pointless since HIV is easily avoidable anyway. It will be extinguished on its own within a few decades.

Instead, let's kill everyone who has a cold. The common cold is not nearly as bad as HIV, but it infects orders of magnitude more people, is much harder to avoid, and will definitely be around forever unless we do something drastic to solve it. So let's kill all the cold-havers, and end the ubiquitous and unlimited suffering it causes.
>>
>>7639912
>this faggot has never heard of megapox, gigapox, picopox, aliumpox, coocoopox, and the other 550 pox varieties
>>
>>7639203
>>7639342
There is one so-called "conspiracy theory" that I think is true.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OPV_AIDS_hypothesis

SIV probably crossed over to humans and became HIV as part of the oral polio vaccines in 1957 to 1959. And very probably entirely by accident.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.