[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Homemade EmDrive
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
File: emdrive.jpg (81 KB, 1140x723) Image search: [Google]
emdrive.jpg
81 KB, 1140x723
How do I make one of these at home. No, I'm not mentally handicapped. I'm simply bored.
>>
>>7638364
Bump for interest. I also want to know if it's worth it to go into amateur EM drive research
>>
>>7638364
>>7638397

hundreds/thousands of dollars worth of parts.
>>
>>7638422
>microwave parts
>thousands of dollars
>>
>>7638364
Get a real long extension cord, cut off the far end and join the two wires together, then plug it into the wall.

Then you will have a device that wastes electricity, generates heat, and which I now allege produces a force you cant possibly measure anyhow thru a mechanism that is in violation with all known physics. But trust me, it does. Physics is just wrong.

You are welcome, OP.
>>
3D printable EmDrive when?
>>
Can you heat burgers up with EmDrive?
>>
>>7638364
Saw this news on /pol/. 200 replies.
Switched to /sci/ to see the real talk. 6 replies.
>>
OP here. Really bummed out that I didn't put a question mark after the first sentence. Thanks for the replies though.
>>
>>7638486
There's always two or three threads about this up at one time.
>>7633257
>>7635364
>>
>>7638364
>I'm not mentally handicapped.
>I'm simply bored.
Boredom is a symptom of mental handicap, ainnit?
>>
File: pendulum_test.jpg (36 KB, 496x876) Image search: [Google]
pendulum_test.jpg
36 KB, 496x876
>>7638364
Berca Iulian
>>
bump
also interested
>>
>>7639133
perfect! thank you.
>>
>>7638486

The memedrive has been done to death on /sci/, unless it shows any viable results in space nobody gives a shit
>>
>>7640222
>Pluto in a week
>Nobody gives a shit
>>
>>7640222
There was an article on the 3rd about it passing another round of NASA tests...

http://www.digitaltrends.com/cool-tech/researchers-conduct-successful-new-tests-of-emdrive/
>>
>>7640232
SHOWS VIABLE RESULTS. Pluto in a week is conjecture! Goddamnit, has it fucking gone to Pluto yet?
>>
>>7640726
Well it won't because Big Xenon is keeping it down.
>>
>>7638443
>Physics is just wrong.
it keeps passing the tests
but whatever keep blindly worshiping your idea of physics when at this point it's about as legit as any other religion
>>
>>7641424
>it keeps passing the tests
right and that's all it's ever going to do is keep passing "tests."

by the year 2020 it's still going to be passing tests for some reason and still not be used at space at all.
>>
>>7641444
Nice conjecture there senpai
>>
>>7638364
>building a machine that is completely useless in atmosphere, meaning you won't even be able to detect if it's working correctly

you must be *really* bored. just build a sterling engine or something, at least you'll see results.
>>
>>7638364
Honestly you shouldn't.
Microwaves are dangerous without proper shielding and you won't detect anything worthwhile even it if it actually works.
>>
>>7641424
Im the guy you are responding to.

At this point, they need to start thinking real hard not just about sources of noise (that was their first step), but also for alternative reasons that fit within known physics that could explain the thrust.

Somebody here mentioned ablation of high speed copper ions from the resonance chamber. That's actually a very plausible idea.

If after rigorously testing of plausible theories, this thing is still drawing power, then it is time to start being serious about there being a flaw in the Standard Model. By that time, somebody has come up with a decent concept that can explain why and fits to the existing framework.

See... there is a reason science works the way it does, it has been built up over decades and decades of rigorous, controlled study. Theory didnt just come out of the crack of your mother's ass. You don't want to stand on the shoulders of giants, fine, but don't bitch when you can't see the show and don't understand what is going on.
>>
>>7641484
But sterling engines are useless everywhere
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.