[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Am I the only person here who has nothing to do with STEM in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
File: RalphWiggum4.gif (22 KB, 415x424) Image search: [Google]
RalphWiggum4.gif
22 KB, 415x424
Am I the only person here who has nothing to do with STEM in real life? I just like to discuss science and tinker. I dont actually like the professional STEM environment, you have to be so qualified and work so hard for such little pay and recognition and your peers are all insufferable autists.
>>
>>7635791
Looks like everyone is still in the lab
>>
This board has actually scared me away from studying STEM in college.
>>
>>7635791
You've never actually worked in a professional STEM environment, have you?
>>
>>7635791
>discuss science

code for "i don't know shit and I like to play pretend scientist"
>>
>>7636326
Why can't you people reliably capitalize your proper nouns.

It's "I".
It's "I'm".
There is no "i". If you disagree, then I'd follow by saying that there shouldn't be. It looks stupid and it's lazy. One or two here and there is tolerable, but this shit is becoming more common.
>>
>>7636326
>Don't touch me you filthy casual

Seriously you autist, this is 4chan. If laypeople would like to come here and talk about science then they have every right to be here. I'm certain that some of them actually end up learning. More scientific and mathematical literacy is good for society, even if it comes at the cost of shitposting.
>>
>>7636341
looks ok to me
people who whine about it are the only thing that is becoming more common, i've seen this used online for pretty long
>>
>>7635791
>your peers are all insufferable autists
A typical day with my teammates.
>>
File: 2015-04-08 07.28.55.jpg (169 KB, 485x420) Image search: [Google]
2015-04-08 07.28.55.jpg
169 KB, 485x420
>>7636341

>Why can't you people reliably capitalize your proper nouns.

>you people

What do you mean by "you people?"

Fucking racist!
>>
>>7636349
You're not becoming more science/math literate by coming on here, you do that by reading textbooks and doing practice problems. You're just annoying everyone.
>>
>>7636326
Ironically most of the stuff I post on here tends to banal newtonian mechanics or thermodynamics for some /diy/ project I'm working on and it never gets replies because it isn't pop-sci. This is exactly what I'm talking about, you all think you're so smart that you refuse to talk about subjects that are actually within your knowledge level. Simple harmonic motion? "lol high school babby-tier gtfo" then you proceed to spout utter bullshit in a thread about relativity.
>>
I'm majoring in physics, but I don't want any sort of physics related job. I'm a computer programmer, I want to be an indie dev. I'm only studying physics because I think it's fun.
>>
>>7638377
Why don't you just read a book or use MIT OCW? Blowing thousands for fun doesn't seem very clever.
>Grant
Ok so now you're wasting government money instead of your dad's
>>
>>7638389
I feel awful when I'm not doing anything. Making a game all by myself takes a lot of time, so I work on it in my spare time, and I'm a full time student.
>>
>>7635791
nobody on /sci/ knows wtf theyre talking about. nobody on /sci/ is even remotely intelligent. everyone here is a dumb fucking NEET with autism and a ridiculously fragile ego
>>
>>7636341
>Why can't you people reliably capitalize your proper nouns.
who literally gives a shit? not i.
>>
>>7638429
>ridiculously fragile ego
This is very true but why? Artfags generally don't care if they're a nobody on the scene, but STEMfags? They sperg out.
>>
>>7638455
autism. the lonely faggots think theyres some reason that theyre so isolated, they must be special, or there must be some reason that they dont connect with people. which is why they greatly inflate their imagined talents and intelligence
>>
>>7638461
This.
>>
>>7635791
>discuss science and tinker
to be honest I bet this is exactly what the people starting all those "I watched a youtube video while I was high and now I can disprove einstein/feynman" think they are doing

and also, since I've already started making assumptions: I bet you are the type of guy who, after watching a popsci documentary on some subject acutally thinks he knows as much as someone who read a textbook on it

> I dont actually like the professional STEM environment, you have to be so qualified and work so hard for such little pay and recognition and your peers are all insufferable autists.
I also think you don't know anything about "professional STEM environment" since you really sound like a stoner neet
>>
>>7639671
>If you don't have a college degree you're a pop-sci faggot
Au contraire friend, the people spouting pop-sci are the ones who passed first year college so think they are a genius and can speculate on relativity even though all they learned so far was Lagrangian mechanics. There's a name for it where you reach a point of knowledge that you think you know everything whereas below that you feel you know nothing and above that you also feel you know nothing.
>>
Honestly, I think STEM majors are kinda dicks. They act like they know fucking everything when the truth is they don't know dick. They spend 90% of their time relearning things that someone else has already discovered and the remaining 10% simply reinforcing what they already know.

By the time they graduate they have been taught not to question and have no idea how to function outside of an academic environment.
>>
>>7638376
This board is filled with posed-intellectual pretending to be some lost or misunderstood genius. They don't know anything beyond high school science. Anytime some subject matter on science is posted the thread dies. But popsci or some bullshit like quantum consciousness or race is posted you can an automatic 200+ post thread. This board is nothing more than neckbeards storking their egos. Anyone worth a damn would help layperson increase their knowledge. This board is STEM equivalent of NAZIs.
>>
>>7638461
This. No one talks to them because they're insufferable cunts who think they are smart. In reality they're dumb fucks who can't do think their way out of a paperbag.
>>
/sci/ BTFO
>>
well this explains why the board is shit
>>
>>7640252
This post is way too accurate.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.