[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you agree?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: negro2.jpg (143 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
negro2.jpg
143 KB, 720x540
The way we learn(understand) Maths in elementary school is boring, if you were the Minister of education, How can you solve this issue?
pic related*
Morocco
>>
teach logic and basic set theory
>>
That sound really fun!
>>
>>7586828
But.... How??
>>
>>7586808
Make them learn math in conjunction with physics.
>>
Teach it the soviet way, with rote memorization and repetition that forces students who aren't performing well to catch up rather than slowing everything down for the whole class.

Who needs fun if it works?
>>
The problem is math needs repetition and practice. Higher level math is not hard, you just get it wrong because you A) forgot the steps or B) messed up the arithmetic. That's not fun nor is it meant to be.

Otherwise, put meaning behind numbers like >>7586850 said. Throw some physics/chemistry/engineering etc in there and make the math meaningful.
>>
>>7586856
This discipline makes student accustomed to receiving, and that kills creativity, we want them to self understand at there proper way.
>>
>>7586808
incorporate it with practical applications (i.e. physics, Chemistry, engineering, etc.)
it will also make it easier to learn the concepts & theories and how to apply them
>>
>>7586862
Agree
>>
EASY

Korean style Number grinder RPG
>>
>>7586862
>math
>repetition and practice

???

>higher math
>steps
>arithmetic

what the fuck
>>
>>7586808
I find math to be more fun when you understand why you need to know it and what awesome things you can calculate with math, so i would remind people what great things math can bring and what it still has yet to bring !
>>
File: ideal education.png (119 KB, 1216x970) Image search: [Google]
ideal education.png
119 KB, 1216x970
>>7586808

It's boring because we do so very little each year, far below what kids can manage. The solution is to add more meat so they are regularly learning new things once they finish the previous stuff.

>I can still remember the boring hell of having to do 100 addition problems in a minute for 3 years in elementary school
>after a while you stop doing them because you would have memorized all 3 problem sheets in the rotation
>every time you ask to move up a grade would only be met with being scolded or more problem sheets
>the only thing that stopped me from cursing out the teacher was my lack of knowledge of curse words
>>
>>7586845

By putting it into the curriculum
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.