[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can someone please tell me why are men attracted by female butts?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 38
Can someone please tell me why are men attracted by female butts?

I've heard people saying that it's an evolutionary instinct because a firm, round butt means health and fitness, but is there any science backing this up? I don't feel attracted by butt, and it seems to me to be a social construct rather than a natural instinct.
>>
it's where you put your dick
>>
File: butts.png (98 KB, 1028x696) Image search: [Google]
butts.png
98 KB, 1028x696
>>
>>6549801

If you're going to make the claim that giant ass = more fertile, you need to back it up with actual statistics.
>>
>>6549795
Aesthetically the butt serve to balance the breasts and from a morphological point one of the way you can tell the sex of a person is seeing the hip to chest ratio.
If someone have a tiny butt their body will look more andrygenos towards male. If you're a straight guy you don't want your sex partner to look male.
>>
>>6549804
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waist–hip_ratio#Indicator_of_health
>>
What about boobs?
>>
>>6549795
Besides we're attracted to every part of the body of females, it's just the amateurs that stick with something simple like the boobs or butts.

Real connoisseurs start at the feet, move up the spires, inspect the gap, marvel at the mond or the cheeks. look for the dimples if beholding posterior, trace the waist up to the tits pause at the neck, before taking in the face.
Arms are probably the least sexualized part of a woman's body. Artistically it's may even be better without them, like the incomplete Venus the Milo has informed generations.
>>
>>6549805
>If you're a straight guy you don't want your sex partner to look male.

Citation needed? Because I'm a straight male who likes his women boyish-looking, and I don't think I'm the only one. Small butt and skinny hips? Uhuhuhhh.... oh, yeah...
>>
>>6549813
>foot fetishists shitting up yet another thread
>>
>>6549813
>(in reference to arms) Artistically it may even be better without them, like the incomplete Venus the Milo has informed generations.

Hi! Um... About what you said about the Venus de Milo... Maybe take a look into the history of the Venus de Milo?
>>
>that pic
How do schoolboys survive these days
>>
>>6549814
There's always deviants out there, if you like that look you may be a hebephiliac.
If you wanna generalize straight males as a group you gotta look at what that group on average will find attractive, not on the specific preferences of a isolated specimen.
Not extrapolating from oneself is often a good route in coming to understand others.
>>
>>6549823
Well then bring citation?
>>
>>6549823
>If you wanna generalize straight males as a group you gotta look at what that group on average will find attractive, not on the specific preferences of a isolated specimen.

That approach presumes that everyone naturally desires the same thing unless they are mentally damaged somehow (a "deviant"). However, that's a baseless assumption, not backed up by either logic or evidence.
>>
>>6549819
I am aware it used to have arms if that's what you're getting it. Point is that it looks more aesthetic without them than should it ever be completed.
Numerous artworks have copied the style of the incomplete version and intentionally omits the arms.

>>6549830
>>6549834
Just go to a place where everybody can have any woman they want and observe what they chose.
In other words do a survey of male fapping habits. Head over to /s/ and study what guys are into.
The average male prefer a young looking woman with clean complexion and a highly symmetrical face
a body that is thin, but not very thin, non muscular. They also prefer breasts larger than average and spectacularly firm asses.
>>
>>6549823

But what groups on average find attractive varies tremendously by culture and era. Labels like hemophiliac have little meaning beyond the immediate scope of a single group and time period. I think under the purple prose, what >>6549805
really meant to say was,

>I'm a straight male and I want my sex partners to look female, and I'm uncomfortable both with sexual ambiguity and gender ambiguity.

To this fellow, I say, friend, it's no crime to feel uncomfortable. It *is* kind of rude (and foolish) to try to define your own preferences as "normal" and anything else as "deviant."
>>
>>6549850
>Labels like hemophiliac have little meaning beyond the immediate scope of a single group and time period.
>>
>>6549840
>Point is that it looks more aesthetic without them than should it ever be completed.

Respectfully, "more aesthetic," is a meaningless joining of words. I'm guessing you mean it is more aesthetically pleasing? If so, you say this as though it was objective information. Aesthetics are entirely subjective. Could you mean that it is more aesthetically pleasing to a certain group of people at a certain time? If so, which people, at which time? It certainly wasn't the sculptor Milo, nor those for whom he made the Venus.

I would ask that you loosen your grip on what you hold to be aesthetic certainties, and recognize them for what they are: cultural norms. You can know what you like, and you can know what you don't. Beyond that, certainties about beauty are few.
>>
>>6549850
>>6549858
Autocorrect censors /pol/itician. Conspiracy detected.
>>
I dunno. It's just what I look for in a woman. Some firm legs and a round ass turn me on way more than a nice set of tits.
>>
>>6549850
Excuse me, but please check your privilege. Not everybody is so lucky to be LGBT-enlightened.
>>
File: 08045_IMG_0879_123_24lo.jpg (1 MB, 1536x2048) Image search: [Google]
08045_IMG_0879_123_24lo.jpg
1 MB, 1536x2048
>I don't feel attracted by butt

maybe youre just looking at the wrong ones
>>
>>6549861
>cultural norms
Nah, it's evolutionary instinct kid
>>
>tfw not attracted by asses
>tfw not attracted by boobs
>tfw still 100% hetero
idk man
>>
>>6549850
What I meant to say was if you're attracted to women you usually want your sexpartner to look like a woman. I'm sorry if my sloppy formulation rustled any jimmies.

> I'm uncomfortable both with sexual ambiguity and gender ambiguity.

I resent that accusation, I'm completly fine with it. In fact, if a crew-cut crosseyed transexual lumberjack came up to me and said
it experienced itself as a post-sexchange wannabe lipstick lesbian inverse-transexual, I'd be absolutly fine with it.
If that's what somebody gotta do to figure out what it is they see when thy look into the mirror, I'd just shrug you know.
I've seen fucked up shit that something like that doesn't even begin to move the needle on my rustle-O-meter.
>>
>>6549840
>Head over to /s/
Why not head over to /d/ to figure out what guys are into?
>>
>>6549840
>The average male
You know the average IQ is 100, does that means it's the ideal IQ.
>>
>>6549884
>you usually want your sexpartner to look like a woman
So you want your sex partners to look like 1 borderline obese 5/10? As that's what the average woman looks like.
>>
>>6549869
>Nah, it's evolutionary instinct kid

Then why does it vary to such a wide degree across comparatively similar social groups and time periods? In various times and places, "sexy" means and has meant: being fat, being muscular, being skinny, having small feet, having a long neck, having a flat forehead, having a long nose, having pale skin, having tanned skin, having crooked teeth, and being able to jump high, among countless, countless others.

I'll agree that many (if not all) of these traits tie into the general concept of "health," and as it should, as a healthy mate is a reproductive mate. But the specific forms are far too numerous and too diverse to be explained though any factor but culture.

You are not at all wrong for liking what you do and finding it attractive. You simply are not *objectively justified* in liking what you do. Is this so troubling? It's easy to look at what cultures in other times and places find attractive and recognize these preferences as being culturally based. Is it not reasonable to acknowledge your own preferences as being equally based in culture, regardless of how *natural* it seems to you?
>>
File: zzzzz.gif (992 KB, 384x435) Image search: [Google]
zzzzz.gif
992 KB, 384x435
I think then you're a virgin or haven't experienced a good ass (no offence)

>>6549822
>that pic
>How do schoolboys survive these days
young and firm, but I see no real hips/ass there
pic related
>>
>>6549861
I'm an artist myself for a living so I make a habit of deciding what other people thinks are aesthetically pleasing without them themselves understanding why this is.
Since I manufacturer art I get to impose my will on other peole so routinly that it has become fully natural for me to do so.

When somebody lash out and go 'can you do it any better!?' when one's critizing art I can just go "yes I can".
Therefore I'm untoucable and get to objectivly decide what's your subjective experience.

It's a privileage that comes with being a creator I suppose, you guys really don't have to understand it.
>>
>>6549813
A true neckbeard
>>
>>6549900
Absolutely. I've already figured out women, I don't even bother with them anymore, I leave the implementations to the engineers.
I've moved on to bigger thing, I just sit in solitude and contemplate the implications of advanced theory from my armchair.
>>
>>6549899

>pulling rank as an artist
>girls_laughing.jpg

I do not recognize the artist cred of a person who refers to it as "Venus the Milo."
>>
File: 1388898567834.png (2 MB, 1070x1600) Image search: [Google]
1388898567834.png
2 MB, 1070x1600
It's obvious when you think about it!
>>
>>6549907
Well let me put it this way, If I was fully literate and capable of writing all educated why would I have spent so much of my time learning to draw pictures?

If you don't know it's the hallmark of a good artist to be quasi beyond belief you don't know many artists.
>>
>>6549898
>I think
You think wrong. Sexual taste is diverse. Which is fine.
>>
>>6549912

Well then, sir, you must be an excellent artist indeed.
>>
>>6549923
Yes. I feel I was comparativly better a few years ago though because I used to be a lot more productive even if I wasn't as skilled
Nowdays I'm almost too narcisistic to feel really motivated in trying to impress humans.
>>
>>6549840
>The average male prefer

It's like you didn't even read the post you're responding to.

If you averaged together everyone's favorite color, you get brown. Does that mean that everyone prefers brown unless they are a deviant? The average is not everyone. The most popular is not everyone.

>Head over to /s/ and study what guys are into.

/s/ displays a huge variety of different tastes. A lot of them I personally find gross, and I bet you do too. You're refuting yourself.
>>
>>6549940
It's probably best not to respond to people oblivious to their own biases. It can be very frustrating.
>>
>>6549940
Well a generalization isn't everyone. A generalization is your best simplified model that you use to prejudice the group your interested in.
generalizations are effective because they're more true than untrue and because they allow you to put things into context.
A generalization about generalizations is that they fail to account for the rich complexity of reality, but that is of course also their strength.
Not getting bogged down in details you can advert your attention elsewhere while retaining a apporoximal awareness to what's going on.
>>
>>6549965
But you or someone is claiming that an attraction to that generalisation is somehow something we evolved, rather the average of a whole bunch of cultural preferences, and deviation from it is deviation from some evolved natural state.

I'd like to see evidence.
>>
>>6549895
>having crooked teeth
lol when
do japanese actually find this attractive?
>>
>>6549895
>nt: being fat, being muscular, being skinny, having small feet, having a long neck, having a flat forehead, having a long nose, having pale skin, having tanned skin, having crooked teeth,
How do these all "tie in the general concept of 'health'"?
>>
>>6549808
both small and big boobs can produce milk as well, so the preference on that is a lot more culture dependent than the waist hip ratio
>>
>>6549976
When it comes to members of our own species we're attracted to beauty, whatever we're attracted to we wanna copulate.

therefore beauty is that which ends up getting wanted to be fucked the most. A culture will self regulate what is considered attractive
by promoting ideals, if you wanna promote a deviant aesthetic you gotta compete for attention with already established standards.

>I'd like to see evidence.
look up deviation in a dictionary, it's a human made term that means going in another direction.
As for this 'evolved natural state' of yours seems to be attraction to whatever your peers find the most attractive so you can compete for it.
as a fallback you go for whatever happens to be available for you.

Given the supply and demand structure of our contemporary society working universal ideals for our species are bound to show up in marketing.
Once a new widespread attraction get's detected it will be used as a marketing agent.
>>
>>6550024
Not what I was asking. I'm asking about OP's "evolutionary instinct." The genetic, not cultural basis of attraction.
>>
>>6550000
>both small and big boobs can produce milk as well, so the preference on that is a lot more culture dependent than the waist hip ratio

If you're implying that wider hips = easier childbirth, you should know that that is a myth.
>>
>>6549795
Sexual selection is poorly understood.

Lots of things you hear about why peacocks have big tails, or stags big antlers, are basically Just So stories, and actual science doesn't fully know.
>>
>>6549990

When viewed by the culture and time in which they are or were a representation of beauty or attractiveness, the connection to health is obvious. To any other culture or time period, the connection is weak or obscure. If, in your particular time and place, health is all about having enough food, then being fat indicates health and so becomes an attractive trait. If health is about being physically active, muscles and tan skin are sexy. If health is about having a life of leisure instead one of physical toil, being skinny and pale is sexy. This is not idle speculation. These are actual manifestations of attractiveness for different people in different cultures, times, and places.
>>
>>6550111
"Health" is not culturally dependent. Being obese is objectively unhealthy, and having a big nose gives you no health benefits
>>
>>6549801
Please fucking return there and never come back. Thank you!
>>
>>6550116

What is *perceived* as healthy is absolutely dependent on culture. In a time and place where starvation is a real threat, the heath risks of obesity hardly count. In a time and place where small noses are perceived as appearing childlike and nose size is tied to a perception of sexual maturity, a large nose is sexy indeed. When it comes to cultural sexual norms, there's just no accounting for taste. In Japan, pubic hair is an erotic signal of sexual maturity. In America, a lack of it simulates youth. In all cases, it is the culture and time that determine what is sexy.
>But what I like is what's *really* sexy.
Yes, that's what they all say.
>>
Because booty
>>
Very simple answer: bigger butt = wider birth canal. How does it feel to know that things you like correlate directly to things you wouldn't naturally give a single shit about?
>>
>>6550156
But they don't, this is how psychologists try to reason it, but where's the science backing up that this is the actual reason for why people care for butts?
>>
>>6550116
>A retard speaks.

Many features considered attractive at various times have had nothing to do with either actual health, or perceived notions of health.

>But I want to simplify a really complex behaviour to muh health.
>>
>>6549795
Because men who're attracted to butts will tend to have sex more than men who aren't attracted to butts you fucking idiot. Ergo, it is an anchor of natural selection; those who're the former will tend to reproduce more, and thus exist more.
>>
>>6550169
>>Because men who're attracted to butts will tend to have sex more than men who aren't attracted to butts you fucking idiot
wut
>>
>>6550156
>Lets repeat myths with no basis in fact.

Everyone in this thread is just repeating the pop-sci equivalent of old wives tales.

It makes me sad as this is meant to be a place for the scientifically literate.

The actual answer to the scientific basis for sexual attraction is there is no answer yet. It's just shit we haven't properly figured out, hence the massive amount of hypothesising in this field (and hence the massive about of people reading about some hypothesis and thinking it is theory).

Y'all should be ashamed.
>>
>>6550169
Why will big butt men have more sex than tit men, or small butt men, or leg men?
>>
>>6550169
>Because men who're attracted to butts will tend to have sex more than men who aren't attracted to butts you fucking idiot.

The same could be said for the opposite.

If a man is a butt connoisseur he will not settle for a sub par butt and therefore statistically have less sex.
>>
>>6550174
because leg men are weirdo fetishists creeps
>>
>>6550170
You clearly have no concept of how evolution and naturally select works. I suggest you leave.

Mutations arise randomly, they are purposeless. All mutations find purpose in context of how they operate in a system of natural selection. Mutations that produce traits that make a lifeform more sexual, or more zealous for life, will see that lifeform tend to have more sex and tend to survive more. Thus, it will tend to exist more than lifeforms that lack this advantage.

This allows morons to post on an internet board wondering why x is the way it is, when the only answer is it is a trait that arose randomly that allowed a lifeform and its offspring to continue to exist more than other lifeforms that lacked the trait.

>>6550174
Is /sci/ filled with morons? Nothing of that sort was said whatsoever.

>>6550175
>>>/b/
>>
>>6550175
Increased attraction to fine butts does not necessarily diminish the normal attraction to average butts.
>>
>see thread
>open
>very few ass pictures

I am disappointed but also impressed at the amount of legitimate discussion.
>>
>>6550178
nice try, but that doesn't answer shit tard
>>
>>6550180
>>6550169
Are you guys aware that buttfucking doesn't impregnate women?
>>
>>6550178

Coupla questions
1. When you say butts do you mean big butts, or just the existence of buttocks.

2. Why do you think butts were selected for by sexual selection, and not any other kind of sexual selection?
>>
>>6550178
>make retarded posts
>claims to be not autistic
pick one
>>
>>6550191
>any other kind of sexual selection
I meant, of course, any other kind of natural selection
>>
>>6550178
Buttocks are there to allow us to walk and run you fucking moron.
>>
>>6550171
>Everyone in this thread is just repeating the pop-sci equivalent of old wives tales.

To be fair the capacity of the birth canal, it is only a question of geometry of the hip bone.
Which is directly proportional to max size of ass.Unless we assume the big-butt lovers are into tubs of fat where everything just hangs.
Which is usually not the case although you get the occasional anon who misinterpreted, glitched out, and went 100% for dimension.

As for the diameter of the hips I know quite a bit about it. I had a friend who claimed 'tower of power' described in the song 'Bobby Brown'
refer to a sexual maneuver in which one person has his head up another persons ass. I downloaded various medical models and conducted
personal research to conclude if this is possible at all for adults. (It's not, a woman with max hips can take like 12 y old with a tiny head.)
>>
>>6550198

Oh god, more retardation. Some pointers

Butt is muscle and fat.
The birth canal is adequate in the most snake hipped of woman.

Quit reading what evolutionary psychologists pretend is science.
>>
File: pelvis.jpg (117 KB, 298x483) Image search: [Google]
pelvis.jpg
117 KB, 298x483
>>6550204
>Butt is muscle and fat.

Sure, but it is suspended on hard points that is bone.
The diameter of the whole as viewed from a top determine the absolute maximum size of what object you may fit.
There is no way in hell an adult skull of a grown man is gonna fit in there even if your soft parts could somehow stretch enough.
>>
>>6550211
>adult skull
How is this in any way relevant to evolutionary selection?

Once the size is good enough for a newborn's head there is no more selection pressure to enlarge it.

Oh, wait, my bad, you're trolling.
>>
>>6550211
>determine
There's some correlation, but not much. You can have massive variation of size on the same pelvis depending on diet and on the genetics of fat storage, all will have same birth canal.

>i'm big boned
yes, sure you are
>>
OP is a faggot
/thread
>>
>>6550248
b strikes again
>>
What exactly are heuristics? Estimates? Guesses? Used mainly in artificial intelligence algorithms to determine shortest path for a solution or what?
>>
>>6550039
I'm not, but that's your strawman
>>
>>6550260

How can it be a strawman when I begin the post with "if you're"?
>>
File: 1351024736429.jpg (102 KB, 560x853) Image search: [Google]
1351024736429.jpg
102 KB, 560x853
>>6550190
Who said anything about buttfucking? Don't you like to grab onto a couple meaty handfuls of fine rear-flesh when you're slamming your penis vigorously into her vagina? (Love handles are great for this too.)

>>6550187
Here ya go.
>>
>>6550282
>Don't you like to imagine grabbing onto a couple meaty handfuls of fine rear-flesh when you're fapping?
>>
File: dat-ass-02.jpg (105 KB, 510x512) Image search: [Google]
dat-ass-02.jpg
105 KB, 510x512
When I think of asses... a woman's ass... something comes out of me.
>>
I don't normally reply to this kinda thing, but as well as an evolutionary basis you should also consider societal determination of "Attractive Characteristics". In some societies stretched necks are attractive etc.

It's important to consider that the western view of beauty, while incredibly wide spread, may provide a narrow perspective of what defines attractive characteristics in a mate. It's similar to Nature or Nurture for criminal behaviour. How much of our desire for "Big Butts" is as a result of brain chemistry and how much has been influenced by your own upbringing.

I'd normally try explain this by what the OP mentioned, from an evolutionary standpoint, but it is always important not to be ignorant of other possible factors.
>>
>>6550316
cool but this is literally what was discussed all the thread
>>
>>6550321
TL;DR

I just read the OP's post, I didn't feel like wading through and trying to find actual cohesive explanations. Although, some people made good points.
>>
>>6550325
>it is always important not to be ignorant of other p
yet you skipped through all the thread replies ; nice argument brah
>>
File: Venus_von_Willendorf_01.jpg (591 KB, 1428x2684) Image search: [Google]
Venus_von_Willendorf_01.jpg
591 KB, 1428x2684
>>6549819
>>6549840
I think you mean the Venus of Willendorf, not the Venus de Milo.

Note the lack of arms.

We affectionately call this thing "Venus," but it's probably one of the oldest sculptures made by man.

It's also commonly used to demonstrate what dudes valued as important in a woman aesthetically.
Namely, big tits big ass and wide birthing hips.

Feet, face and arms are optional at best.
>>
>>6550359
My theory is correct. Fat women are hot shit and the general hatred of them today is ONLY society.
>>
>>6549935
what a fucking faggot
>>
File: peter_paul_rubens_medici-detail.jpg (310 KB, 914x827) Image search: [Google]
peter_paul_rubens_medici-detail.jpg
310 KB, 914x827
>>6550387
Back then had a "society" too, the Venus of Willendorf, may only reflect the culture it came from. It may just reflect the tastes of the person that carved it, they could have been the Rubens of their day.
>>
File: venus circles.jpg (46 KB, 372x439) Image search: [Google]
venus circles.jpg
46 KB, 372x439
>>6550408
The prevalence of Venus figures with the same features spread all across the world makes this unlikely.

Fun fact: if you inscribe a proportional circle around the belly button of all the major Venuses it encloses all the most important features for mating.
>>
>>6550359
I think they are actually referring to Venus of Milo, but in both cases they were re-discovered pretty late. Milo around 1820 and Willendorf around 1910.
>>
>>6550408
Why are women from old painting so god damn ugly? Look at the one on the right.
>>
>>6550423
OK. But it still may not reflect sexual tastes, it may reflect other idealisations of women, motherhood for example. Or represent abundance.
>>
>>6550431
I don't know, but it may be evidence that aesthetics is cultural, not genetic
>>
>>6550431
A. Most of the models back in the day were men. It was considered too lewd for dudes to paint actual naked chicks.

B. Reubens was the most influential chubby chaser of his time. People thought it was weird back in the day too.
>>
>>6550446
>Most of the models back in the day were men.
Artists used prostitutes as models.
>>
>>6550435
It probably deals with fertility.

In some cultures today, women use similar dolls as fertility charms.
They spread menstrual blood on them.
This is an age old tradition, actually.

The Venus of Willendorf has a coating of Red Ochre on it, which indicates that it might have been used for similar purposes.
>>
>>6550446
I think Rubens used his wife.
>>
>>6550457
Which of course might actually rule out its use as an ideal image of a sexy woman, and probably shows that it was made by a woman in the first place.

Although that doesn't mean there isn't some overlap. Even ancient women knew what men liked, and probably understood what was important to keep their families alive.
>>
File: Christy Mack 02.jpg (38 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
Christy Mack 02.jpg
38 KB, 720x720
>5'3
>gorgeous face
>perfect tits
>perfect ass

Christy Mack is evolution perfected.
>>
File: 1370380691443.jpg (229 KB, 717x880) Image search: [Google]
1370380691443.jpg
229 KB, 717x880
>>6549801
Sheesh. Thank god for 4chan.
>>
>>6550500
>tfw Jynx Maze isn't my qtgf
>>
>>6549795

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buttocks_eroticism

>Sexologist Alfred Kind suggested that the buttocks is the primary sexual presentation site in primates. Some anthropologists and sociobiologists believe that breast fetishism derives from the breasts' similarity to buttocks, but instead provide sexual attraction from the front of the body.[2]

In humans, females generally have more round and voluptuous buttocks, caused by estrogen that encourages the body to store fat in the buttocks, hips, and thighs. Testosterone discourages fat storage in these areas. The buttocks in human females thus contain more adipose tissue than in males, especially after puberty. Evolutionary psychologists suggest that rounded buttocks may have evolved to be desirable trait because they provide a visual indication of the woman's youth and fertility. They signal the presence of estrogen and the presence of sufficient fat stores for pregnancy and lactation. Additionally, the buttocks give an indication of the shape and size of the pelvis, which impacts reproductive capability. Since development and pronunciation of the buttocks begins at menarche and declines with age, full buttocks are also a symbol of youth.[1]

Biological anthropologist Helen B. Fisher said that "perhaps, the fleshy, rounded buttocks attracted males during rear-entry intercourse".[3] Bobbi S. Low et al. said that the female buttocks "evolved in the context of females competing for the attention and parental commitment of powerful resource-controlling males" as an "honest display of fat reserves" that could not be confused with another type of tissue, although T. M. Caro rejected that as being a necessary conclusion, stating that female fatty deposits on the hips improve individual fitness of the female, regardless of sexual selection.[4]
>>
>>6549801
>she can do situps and side bends but dont exercise those glutes
confirmed for reddit knowing shit about hoe exercise works
>>
File: the ass was fat.jpg (59 KB, 500x557) Image search: [Google]
the ass was fat.jpg
59 KB, 500x557
>>6550619
>But muh spot reduction!

I mean, it's like they don't know the only two ways to get back are to have great genetics and do lots of squats+deadlifts.

That, or inject yourself with cement.
>>
File: cl.jpg (12 KB, 214x317) Image search: [Google]
cl.jpg
12 KB, 214x317
>>6550580
>suggest
>perhaps

My concern is most of you fucks read shit like this and ignore the above words. Taking some guys suggestions as scientific fact, which you repeat as established science to your friends and to the internet.

God I hate you fucks.
>>
>>6550710
personally i stopped at sexologist
>>
>>6549795
>I don't feel attracted by butt, and it seems to me to be a social construct rather than a natural instinct.

Me neither. I find legs much more attractive than butts.
>>
>>6550163
>>6550198
>no one studied it rigorously, so it's wrong
you guys are so silly...
>>
>>6549795
Can the same attraction be found in other primates? It may just be an exaggeration of why most men find wide hips attractive. Evolutionary it makes sense.
Big ass=Wide hips=more fertile

That's just an observation though.
>>
>>6550967
Yeah in baboons probably
>>
>>6550000
>>6550000
>>6550000
>>6550000
>>
>>6550967
Different primates tend to be very different from each other as well as us. It's not really a viable comparison.
>>
>>6550300
>subdermal implants
please no
>>
>>6549795
Because I want to stick my benis in them
>>
>>6549801
>>>/reddit/
>>
>>6550408
MEIN COCK
>>
>>6550000
unworthy of quads.

quality thread though.
>>
Now somebody explain foot fetish to me
>>
Why are women attracted to men's butts?

The gluteus maximus is the largest muscle in the body. It's key to athletic performance, especially running.

Furthermore, smooth, firm fatty tissue is a sign of youth. It gets lumpy and saggy as people get older.

One thing that I think is often overlooked because it's too gross to mention is that a lot of animals will have disgusting things happen to their ass when they're sick. I think most mammals tend to look around the anus for signs of disease.

One good look at someone's (bare) ass gives you a fairly good idea of their sex, age, and fitness.
>>
>>6549795
>tfw I look at the qt socked feet first
>>
>>6551246
I remember reading something a while back about how Foot Fetishes come up in times of high amounts of STDs. I could be wrong though.
>>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZvjKW6Ai2Y
>>
>>6551246
small feminine feet are due to high estrogen.
>>
Actually, men are attracted to tits. Niggers are attracted to butts.
>>
>>6551246
It's the most common fetish if one discount boob and butt fetishism as to vanilla to mention.
In many parts of the world feet are usually covered so if they're exposed it's a form of nudity.

Also it's a focal point located on the leg, if you marvel over a woman's nice legs it's impossible not to notice
the feet at the same time, seeing how it is common for women to don elaborate nail care our shoes on their feet
developing a taste of the aesthetics of the area is not difficult .

The bottom of the sole is very sensitive to tickling making it a excellent target for sexual teasing.
One should also not underestimate the excellent vantage point of the footjob, the standoff distance provided
excellent perspective to behold the full glory of your woman while at the same time having your cock fondled.
>>
>>6549795
Because the vagina is found there you dumbarse.
>>
>>6551384
that... is actually the most straight forward and elegant observation in this whole thread.
The answer was hiding in plain sight. Now I know how Newton must've felt in that BS story with the apple.
>>
>>6549801
Ebin XD!!11! DAE think this is le funniest thing ever?
>>
>>6551339
TIL I'm a nigger
>>
>>6551388
All it took was someone who isn't a virgin to visit the thread... Oh /sci/
>>
>>6551510
idk. I like looking in her eyes.
I was in love.
>>
>>6549798
But I poop from there!
>>
File: 1398156005624s.jpg (2 KB, 125x108) Image search: [Google]
1398156005624s.jpg
2 KB, 125x108
>>6549795

Why do you even continue living?
>>
>>6550359
>Note the lack of arms.

The arms that are clearly resting on it's breasts?
>>
>>6551558
Not right now you don't.
>>
>>6552289
The arms that are undefined and out of focus.

Jut like almost all but the most recent of the venus figures.
>>
cause penis feels tight and cozy in there
>>
>>6552885
i thought benis goes in bagina though
>>
>>6552900
the vast majority of time it does.
>>
>>6550710
CL was immune to female butt power.
>>
>>6552663
Interesting the "tiny arms resting on breasts" is also present in

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Venus_of_Lespugue
>>
why is half of this thread about venus
>>
>>6552986
It's a pretty good look on what our ancestors thought about hot chicks.
>>
>>6553007
How so? It didn't have arms because they got lost before it was found. It's not that different than a typical female today (besides short hair I guess?)
>>
>>6553022
Her ass was not a small one either
>>
>>6553022
>>6553045

We aren't talking about the Venus de Milo for the most part.

Venus is the Roman goddess of love and beauty, adopted largely from the Greek Aphrodite.

When we discovered statues like these en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Venus_figurines we called them Venus because we were making an allusion to the goddess, not because they're really her.
>>
>>6549850
>It *is* kind of rude (and foolish) to try to define your own preferences
Well excuse me reddit, I can't consider the concepts/objects around me as normal based on my anecdotal familiarity, privilege checked
>>
>>6553047
>Most of them have small heads, wide hips, and legs that taper to a point.
>wide hips
So they did like the ass
>>
This thread only lived this long because of OP's pic
>>
>>6549795

>Can someone please tell me why are men attracted by female butts?

It's actual classical conditioning.

You were raised in a pr0n society and everybody tells you that butts are sexy, so eventually you are attracted by the "symbol" of a butt.

In different societies differnet parts of the body are more impotant. A healty body is always a sign of "fittness", but for us humans the psychological aspects are also important ("psychological fitness").
>>
>>6550177
I dunno... in OPs pic I see a lot of great legs. The butts are nice, but not anything special.
>>
>>6553137
Utter bullshit.
If you could be conditionized to be sexually attracted to something so easily advertisement would be ALOT easier and we all would get boners at the newest consumer products.

Also at the time sexual attraction forms boys are usually not watching much porn(especially not pre 2000), there is not much indoctrination going.

Its the feminist variant of those conservatives claiming that there is a gay agenda that converts young boys into homosexuality.
>>
>>6553137
then why am i not attracted to them? im part of society too :(
>>
>>6549795
>tfw they will never sit on your face
>>
so is the conclusion of the thread that finding the ass sexy is a cultural/social construct?
>>
>>6550282
>riding a bike in heels
>>
File: awsheeeeit.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
awsheeeeit.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>6549795
dat adipose tissue nigga
>>
>>6554917
she turned around and i threw up
>>
>>6554922
>ass thread
>looking at faces
>>
>>6554930
i'd rather look at faces, legs, and boobs than at butts. it seems most other people think asses are the most important feature, for some reason.
>>
>>6550440

Nature/Nurture argument. Who was more likely to have a sculpture back then? The "rich" woman who was a fatass (obesity denoting wealth) or the fit/strong women who ate just enough?
>>
>>6555073
But Reubens was considered weird even back in the day.

Most painters painted relatively thin women, he was an outlier.
>>
>>6554939
i'm with you. can't appreciate the ass if the face belongs on a cow
>>
File: sci.jpg (61 KB, 1546x135) Image search: [Google]
sci.jpg
61 KB, 1546x135
>>6549813
Capped for future laughs.
>>
>>6553319
;_;
>>
>>6549814
It's prolly cause you (erroneously) think you have a small dick.
>>
>>6557005
that's not what your mom said last night ;-)
>>
>>6553284
>implying the conditioning is "on purpose" or it was suggested that it was manipulated by some sort of corporate cabal or some shit

you just revealed your complete lack of experience in the real world (so, underageb&) or you're just not very educated
>>
>>6549814
I like girls that look like boys and boys that look like girls too.
>>
>>6557245
yeah nah fuck off kid
>>
>>6549807
> wiki
This is /sci/ not /b/ or /pol/.
>>
>>6557989
You see those numbers in square brackets next to sentences? Try clicking on them
>>
> I don't feel attracted by butt

Confirmed faggot.
>>
>>6558011
FUCK OFF SHITFACE
>>
>>6549798
Vaginal sex has become a hipster thing now I guess...
>>
>>6558435
Liking ass is not the same thing as liking anus. If trolling, 13/10. If not, you are extremely retarded. Please tell me, when you see an attractive woman on the street, which do you notice more: her ass or her vagina? There are many more reasons why your statement is absolutely retarded, but I consider them too obvious to list here. Please, think before you post.
>>
>>6558706
did you even read the post he replied to
>>
>>6557989
http://whqlibdoc.who.int/publications/2011/9789241501491_eng.pdf
>>
>>6558717
no
>>
>>6549795
You just haven't found the right butts. It may be because a toned and flexible pelvic region is evidence that her biological development was focused on child birth and maybe other aspects of her makeup followed suit. In less words.
But I think it's literally the physical feeling of the femininity and curviness that sticks in men's minds.
>>
>>6558717
No, that could have compromised his chance to go all "You're wrong on the internet!"
>>
I was attracted to the female rear before I started watching porn.

It is definitely hardwired—at least for me; however, I did finger my female cousin's anus when I was young.
>>
>>6557393
excellent use of the rubber-glue defense, champ

are you from /degeneracy/? why does there seem to be some kind of mass migration from there to here goin on
>>
>>6558776
shit nigga you peaked early
>>
>>6559070
the Jacob Barnett of fingerfucking anuses, if you will
>>
>>6551384
>>6551388
>>6551510

/thread
>>
>>6549890
>>
>>6549890
Whoa there, who said 5/10 is average?

If you're Amurrkan, the average is 3/10 at best.

Everywhere else the average varies too, but it's usually bordering on 6/10 as long as you're not in some African country or the Middle East.

This is empirically backed science, just ask /pol/.
>>
When hospitals did not have doctors to deliver kids. A larger hip = a larger birthing canal = more chance of successful birth.
Nowadays is more to do with "More cushion for the pushin'"
>>
>>6549890
>So you want your sex partners to look like 1 borderline obese 5/10? As that's what the average woman looks like.

That's not what a woman look like, nor is it what a man looks like. It's what's a human looks like when covered in grease.
The shape of the sphere is entirely unisex so your statistical observation breaks down.
As people becomes saggy they move away from their sexual characteristics towards bland unattractiveness.
>>
the shape of the female butt is determined by quantum mechanical calculations originally derived by jacob barnett

male p-zombies (because they don't collapse the butt wave function) therefore do not see the attraction

checkmate atheists
>>
>>6549813
neck beard
fedora
>>
something I was just thinking about is why are women attracted to male butts? With guys, it is where they stick their dick, but what are women going to do with an attractive butt?
Are there women into butt stuff?
>>
>>6559496
>A larger hip = a larger birthing canal

That's not true.
>>
Why do niggers like watermelon and fried chicken?
>>
>>6559577
I dunno if your premise is true, women tend to like toned muscular guys and a firm ass is part of that, but are they really ass-centric?
>>
>>6558435
please tell me missionary isn't the only position you know for vaginal sex
>>
>>6559616

Do you NOT like watermelon and fried chicken?
>>
>>6550300
too big
>>
>>6549935
this isnt your diary it it were it would be /gayest diary of all time/
>>
>>6550198
I cant stop laughing.
Those skinny black guys who have really fatwhite gf's are prime examples of the anons you referenced.

how is head up an ass = birth canal?
when is anybody giving birth to 12 year old sized heads?
how do you measure this?
tower of power
im weary.
>>
>>6550500
ugly tattooes and hair though, also from memory sounds like a moose whilst being railed
>>
>>6559068
fuck off tard
>>
>>6559352
in asia the average is 7/10
>>
>>6559618
Some are or pretend to be. They probably just saw males doing this and they copy them because womyn suk
>>
>>6559735
lold hard
>>
>>6550619
>>6550704
reddit fags qwuoting the song brah,

lunges, glute ham raises, romanian deads are better for glutes

did i read somewhere somebody actually tried injecting cement into their ass? i really hope somebody was dumb enough to try that.
>>
>>6551246
i dont know, i've always thought its weird but i was going own on my girl and her feet made their way onto my dick and then she just sort of started rubbing it around and progressed to pretty full on foot job and holy fuck its actually really good!
smooth, soft less controlled i cant pin point it but would do again/10
>>
>>6557009
so she said you did have a small dick?
>>
File: tumblr_mkgteuKexf1ruz6zso1_500.gif (982 KB, 500x670) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mkgteuKexf1ruz6zso1_500.gif
982 KB, 500x670
>>6549795
It doesn't seem like its an easy topic to find a scientific consensus on.

All I can offer is my personal experience:

I think around puberty I started really noticing girls develop, just changing shape in general, bigger boobs, bigger hips / ass.
So I started to really focus on these sexualised body parts on any girl I would see. I guess just, oh man, look at her ass its so nice and what i think sexually ideal is i want that, her pussy is right in between that!

I think to a degree it's just personal preference though.
Some people like blondes, some people like brunettes..
>>
>>6559751

Someone went to prison for injecting cement into "her" ass and the asses of others.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/24/oneal-morris-_n_4158623.html

Yes, I know.
>huffington post
But this is the best I could do on such short notice.
>>
>>6559833
holy moly
I cant comprehend how something like this happens.
I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall during consultation, hardware shopping, surgery prep, surgery, recovery, patients feedback, just the general life of the people involved.
How can they possibly be functioning members of society?
>>
>>6559840
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kca2TCnL744

There's an episode of My Strange Addiction with someone else who does it.
I hate how this video cuts around, but it's insane even if it isn't "real."
>>
>>6559852
I guess I can understand the situation a bit more.
With this person it's an addiction and she is looking to get her fix the only way she can afford.

I still find the whole scenario completely bizarre.
>>
>>6549795
It's surely related to classical conditioning.
You ask about men, but you forget that girls are also attracted by men butts.

Why?
>>
>>6560746
Citation needed
>>
>>6560746
>>6561276
Its true, my girl comments she likes my ass in my tightish slacks, all the time.

Why is this?
>>
>>6560746
>>6561276
>>6561333
epic shitbump, /b/ro

:^)
>>
>>6549813
>He's never truly looked at a womens small hands.
>>
File: 1353992236656.gif (456 KB, 480x361) Image search: [Google]
1353992236656.gif
456 KB, 480x361
>there are people ITT who prefer small boyish butts to big womanly butts
>>
>>6562303
fucking pussies is for poofs
>>
>>6549813
>Arms are probably the least sexualized part of a woman's body.
You've never actually seen a woman, have you?
>>
>>6557989
>thinks wiki isn't reasonably good
its like I'm living in 2007
>>
>>6549868
Holy shit this is at Cal State Northridge! My Nigga
>>
File: bigbutt.jpg (55 KB, 478x640) Image search: [Google]
bigbutt.jpg
55 KB, 478x640
>>
>>6549795
>a firm, round butt means HNNNGGGG
>>
>>6563053
>necrobump cancer
>>
If she doesn't do squats, I won't date her.
>>
>>6561367
>>6562347

Well least sexualized doesn't mean 'not sexualized at all'. They do paint their nails and so forth, but still, finding a guy that goes "oh my gawd bro, look at the front paws of that one!"
You just never hear stuff like that. But you frequently hear guys mumble things like "her ass, her ass, just stare at her ass... you better stare!1" underneath their breath.

Or take this specific event that happend to me just the other week in a supermarket, a perfect stranger comes up to me after some girl walked by. Guy has both his fists cleanched, I'm all like "He wanna fight me?_? Here??"
But then he just goes "did you see the tits man?? DAMN!" in an excited voice and start jumping up and down at the place smiling like crazy, like he actually had to ensure himself what he just witnessed was real or something.
Arms just never gather that kind of attention, ever.
>>
more ass pictures guys
>>
>>6549795
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FBwkgnq05I
>>
File: belfie.jpg (119 KB, 607x557) Image search: [Google]
belfie.jpg
119 KB, 607x557
According to a recent study conducted at the prestigious Chourfan Institute of Analogy the main reason seems to be that your face isn't the only thing with two cheeks and that due to the widespread abuse of neurotoxic prescription drugs and the subsequent mental desintegration people are no longer able to recognize which side is up. A supporting psychological hypothesis claims that said persons may want to find their lost self by identifying with the anatomical feature in question along with the related digestive end products.
>>
>>6552316
Jokes on you, I am right at this moment while you're inside. enjoy your chocolate ride while you can
>>
>>6549822
it was fucking horrible. Masturbated everyday and hated life at the same rate because i wasn't really getting any
>>
>>6564746
Oh. My. God. Dat ass.
>>
>>6559697
pinky please go
>>
The muscle mass under consideration, namely its proportions to other muscle groups, limb length, stance, and overall body mass, gives humans greater endurance in covering larger distances. Among other things, this is useful in searching for food and fleeing predators, important factors in bringing offspring to adulthood. It's related to the leg question, but the endurance/distance factor is highlighted more.
>>
>>6549795
>Can someone please tell me why are men attracted by female butts?
For the same reason females are attracted to dangerous situations and have rape fantasies. For thousands of years women were acquired by force, if men weren't attracted to their butts they would have never chased them down (or managed to fuck them without sustaining injuries that could get infected in spite of being clawed at).
>>
>>6565445
Lolololololol, citation seriously fucking needed.
>>
>>6565469
>citation seriously fucking needed
For the facts women have rape fantasies, vote democrat because they like being oppressed, think illogically, got passed around as the literal trophies of war for thousands of years, got the shit kicked out of them for disobeying so much that it impacted their evolutionary development toward submissiveness, etc? Sorry, if you aren't capable of drawing blatant facts from the world around you I'm not going to waste my time digging up evidence for you, you have the same internet as me but real life would still be a better source of education for you.
>>
>>6565513
>sociological conjecture
You realize this is a science and math board, right?
Try this >>>/pol/
>>
>>6565529
You realize that there are clear differences between the sexes that extend to deeply psychological-based aspects, right? There is literally no way to answer OP's question without delving into psychology and specifically the reasons the sexes are different and how they are different.
>>
>>6565533
that doesn't mean what you say has any validity whatsoever.
may I redirect you to get >>>/out/
>>
>>6565551
>I don't agree with your facts so leave because my feelings are more important than reality.
Lolololololol
>>
>>6565555
quits of truth
>>
>>6565555
quints
>>
>>6565555
>facts
>>
>>6565562
>62
Sorry, the quints win. You have been proven wrong.
>>
>>6565566
>5566
>55
>66
double the dubs for double the truth
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 38

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.