[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how do you pronounce /s4s/? Sfours? S-four-s?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /s4s/ - Sh*t 4chan Says

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (13 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
13 KB, 225x225
how do you pronounce /s4s/?
Sfours?
S-four-s?
>>
>>4584759
It's pronounced [s4s].
>>
File: Fore-Family-Fun-logo.jpg (59 KB, 360x174) Image search: [Google]
Fore-Family-Fun-logo.jpg
59 KB, 360x174
>>4584759
fore
>>
>>4584763
I see
>>
File: 1467928540913.jpg (13 KB, 470x313) Image search: [Google]
1467928540913.jpg
13 KB, 470x313
>>4584759
/545/ is correct
>>
>>4584766
good double
>>
>>4584759
[ (open square bracket)
s (ess)
4 (for)
s (ess)
] (close square bracket)
>>
ass force
>>
File: ass4ass.png (8 KB, 525x442) Image search: [Google]
ass4ass.png
8 KB, 525x442
ass four ass
>>
https://youtu.be/k-NwzozflCQ
numer 9
>>
>>4584759
S-Force
>>
>>4584763
this tbh
>>
>>4584759
Here's how I do it:
"A rectangular parenthesis that appears to 'open' towards the right, which in some circles is known by the moniker of 'opening square bracket' or 'opening rectangular bracket', although I should at this point point out (pun not intended) that 'opening angular brackets' is not advised as it could belie the use of what are known to some as 'angle brackets' which are another thing entirely, but that's a different story, but I digress, the letter 'ess' which, to avoid confusion I shall explicitly state is the 19th letter of the English alphabet and is used in many other Latin derived alphabets in common use in the world today, although to name them and 'ess's place in them would be beyond the remit of pronouncing the name of the board which I am pronouncing the name of right now, and besides would use up valuable time which you and I could be using to good effect, I shall however state that the letter in question is not to be confused with the German 'Eszett' or 'Sharp ess' or 'Double ess', which is another thing entirely, to fully make this distinction clear I shall describe the physical shape of the letter I am referring to when written down is similar to that of a snake, or of a meandering river although I should specify not a snake in a position which could be liked to the German Eszett. Moving swiftly on the the third character I shall state simply that this character is the fourth integer number in the set of natural numbers (exuding zero) as written in the Arabic, base 10 counting system, rendered in decimal form, however I shall note that, given any integer number may be represented in one of two ways in the decimal system I shall specify that the way which does not involve repeating integers is used, the fourth character is another letter 'ess', and let it be known that the same caveats and descriptors apply to this letter as applied to the second character in full, and finally, the last character is a rectangular parenthesis
1/2
>>
>>4585433 dubs
>>4585644 also dubs
>>
>>4585755
which appears to 'open' towards the left, or 'closes' towards the right, I should point out the ambiguity in this statement is resolved by considering that the western convention in writing, which is of course used in English, is that writing is read from left to right, a collary of which is that brackets are qualified as 'opening' or 'closing' towards the right."
2/2
I find this avoids confusion and is the proper way to pronounce "[s4s]".
>>
>>4585755
informative dubs
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.