[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/s4s/ the most autistic place on the internet
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /s4s/ - Sh*t 4chan Says

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 6
File: 1457558010413.jpg (21 KB, 559x556) Image search: [Google]
1457558010413.jpg
21 KB, 559x556
/s4s/ the most autistic place on the internet
>>
File: _20160301_013430.jpg (57 KB, 640x344) Image search: [Google]
_20160301_013430.jpg
57 KB, 640x344
>>
problem is, OP
>>
>>4252126
You havent been 2 /a/ lol
>>
>>4252126
The problem is, OP, that you probably aren't seeing all the posts. If you are just viewing [s4s] through the /s4s/ board, you don't see the green posts, the posts with letters in their ids, or anything numberless. Together, those make up about 40-70 percent of [s4s], depending on the day. So conversation will appear disjointed and spastic, because you won't be getting the full picture.

I actually just flipped over to the /s4s/ interface to make this post, and it's pretty funny how unintelligible [s4s] is like this.
>>
>>4252126
not me! do not count me in that ! i am not autistm!! SEXIst!11
>>
>>4252140
reserach has found that girls are often better at disguising their autism because there is much more pressure for them to conform to the norm
while buys are ecnouraged to act out for themselevs
and also girls geta whole lot more social support
so when a girl is autistic she has to be pretty severely autistic for people to realize it
and generally the reserarch that had been done to establish diagsnostic criteria was done on boys and then those crityeria were used to evalurate autistic girls
so a lot of autistic girls would not even appear to be autistic when using those criteria
recent research will hopefully lead yto new gender-specific diagnostic criteria
>>
File: [s4s]3.png (179 KB, 435x290) Image search: [Google]
[s4s]3.png
179 KB, 435x290
>>4252126
>>
>>4252144
so....... i am retart?
>>
>>4252147
>Interestingly, teachers may miss more autistic symptoms in girls than clinicians or parents. In one of Dr. Hiller's studies, teachers reported no concerns with conversational skills in half the girls with autism; clinicians, on the other hand, had no such concerns in only 17 percent of those girls.3

>It's not clear why teachers, clinicians and parents see girls with autism so differently, both during the preschool years and beyond. Are girls better able to blend in at school, while falling apart at home?

>"For many kids with ASD – but especially girls – parents say that their child manages to hold it together at school, but then comes home and has to release the pressure built up during a day of pretending to be someone else. They call it the 4 o'clock explosion," said researcher William Mandy Ph.D., senior lecturer at University College London.

>"So in that sense, the finding that girls are especially likely to fly under the radar at school does fit with my clinical experience, and with the reports of quite a few parents I have spoken to," Dr. Mandy said in an email interview.

>And as a group, girls were more likely to control their behavior in public; they were less likely to have public meltdowns, make socially inappropriate comments, or speak too loudly.3 In other words, they may be hiding their autism.

protip: I 'm unironically quoting Marina Sarris
from like some autism insititute or something
but yeah I roginalyl hearsd about this resreach on a radio program, maybe it was Fresh Air
>>
File: 1458040980556.jpg (24 KB, 319x374) Image search: [Google]
1458040980556.jpg
24 KB, 319x374
>>4252147
Yfw
>>
File: Chaikem.png (986 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Chaikem.png
986 KB, 1280x720
>>4252155
nice dubs
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-03-17-11-09-19.png (190 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-03-17-11-09-19.png
190 KB, 720x1280
Cool story meme bro
>>
>>4252159
you did it you like TOTALLY chaiked em haha a good one a grate one yeah my yeah I mean like so yeah you did it you did it a good one a great one HAHA
>>
>>4252163
good post
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.