[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ATTENTION: NEW MEME
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /s4s/ - Sh*t 4chan Says

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6
File: 1450046741854.jpg (219 KB, 1680x945) Image search: [Google]
1450046741854.jpg
219 KB, 1680x945
The Gods of /tv/ have blessed us with a new meme. The age of Baneposting is over, for we now enter a new age of memes. All hail our new Benevolent Meme Overlord: The Glib Facsimile!!!

GLIB FACSIMILE!
GLIB FACSIMILE!
GLIB FACSIMILE!
>>
This is literally JUST the type of rehash I was expecting, it's nothing but a glib facsimile.

If Star Wars was all I had access to as a child in terms of sci-fi I probably would become one of those crazy fanboys, but thankfully I had access to anime from very early on in my youth years that my mental balance is very stable.

Seriously, if you have watched Akira, you'd realize just how sophisticated anime is and it blows away anything Star Wars would have to offer.

A lot of people mention Ghost In The Shell, which has just enough of sexuality in the mix to draw in the western audience I suppose but I must say that Ghost In The Shell is not even in my top 10 anime, not even close, that's just how deep the world of anime is.

Some anime is so disturbingly mature like Fractale that I wish it would challenge the system and submit it as a Drama category in the Oscars just to bitchslap the snotty Academy.

It's not just the level of maturity and sophistication anime has, it's also quite original, entertaining, and visually fantastic. I would regard anime as the highest form of cinema art-form.

But hey, me preaching about anime won't do you any good, you gotta go out and see it for yourself just how much you are missing.

The recent one I would recommend to check out is Sword Art Online which is light and easy to get into anime for the first time yet appreciate it as much, but if you want the heavy stuff right off the line check out Guilty Crown in which the plot is so complex and twisted that you'll need extra oxygen pumped into your brain in order to comprehend everything, and if you want amazing visuals and a gripping drama that also has awesome mecha battles Aldnoah.Zero is the shit.

Seriously, if you know anime like I do, Star Wars looks like it's something for kids.
>>
File: byrd that floop.png (2 KB, 230x192) Image search: [Google]
byrd that floop.png
2 KB, 230x192
glib facsimile is nothing more than a glib facsimile of floop byrd
>>
File: image.jpg (129 KB, 1526x1330) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
129 KB, 1526x1330
easy copy or "glib facsimile"
if this was the choosen option and it worked ticked all the boxes and made meme pennies, securing the franchise for more movies, more memes and idle chitchat I think it would be viewed a succ.sess
>>
>>4007590
I've never heard there two words before smh lad tbh fam
>>
File: soda ash.png (15 KB, 92x127) Image search: [Google]
soda ash.png
15 KB, 92x127
>>4007590
weintraub unbridled
>>
>>4007591
Here's the thing, movies like There Will Be Blood, which is practically a perfect 10/10 movie that will be studied for years to come aren't exciting. To someone who doesn't care about movies, they don't care about cinematography and all that jazz. When I want to see a great movie, I watch it by myself in my house so I can digest it at my speed. When I want to see a big action movie, I want to see it on the big screen with a group of my friends. That's all there is to it, the majority of movie goers don't care who the director, writer, cinematographer, are. For more serious people about film, then of course they care. But that's the minority

All art is like this, people who aren't interested in the fine details won't pay to see it. I'm going Day 1 to Star Wars because it was a huge part of my childhood and it's going to be a good film from a great action director with actors who have already proven themselves. Also: it's Star Wars. Light sabers alone are worth the price of admission, there's nothing wrong with that.
>>
>>4007590
what's glib fascimile? I saw another thread mentioning it, did you do it OP?
>>
>>4007718
an easy copy my good man
>>
>>4007725
where does the term origin?
>>
>>4007728
glip stipulation
>>
>>4007728
a review that some movie dork wrote/read that has a very little bit of merit as poor misdirection and good timing im going to tell every1 Santa's kill on Xmas eve
>>
>>4007728
when all the positive reviews of TFA started pouring in on rotten tomatoes, the first rotten review came in, with the summary simply saying "a glib facsimile"
>>
>>4007751
>people actually use rotten tomatoes
>>
>>4007751
eric
>>
File: lilfig.png (13 KB, 81x85) Image search: [Google]
lilfig.png
13 KB, 81x85
>>
File: 1448659471390.jpg (49 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1448659471390.jpg
49 KB, 400x400
>>4007590
K.. KEEP ME POSTED
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.