[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw just got the rejection email for a job I was recently
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
>tfw just got the rejection email for a job I was recently interviewing for
I just don't know what to do anymore. This was the first company to give me an interview after months of applying to places. I even only managed to get the interview because a friend recommended me. I have a degree in a useful field but that doesn't help me at all. I am such a useless failure, I can't keep being a NEET. Starting to even think about killing myself now.
>>
>>28691126
What is your degree senpai?

Original commenting xdcfvgbhjn
>>
>>28691242
It is a computer science degree
>>
>>28691126
killing yourself is more work than getting another interview.

You have to literally throw your shit everywhere and see where it sticks. Try to work someplace relevant that probably sucks while using the motivation from not being a NEET and the $$$ to look for the job you want. Repeat this for a few years until you get what you deserve.

You've probably heard this already but it's because you fucking have to do it as hard as you can. Apply somewhere once a day, even if it sucks. That image is too cute for you to give up right now.
>>
>>28691294
I've been trying to send resumes to a bunch of places.
>>
>>28691531
>computer science
>useful

You fell for the meme degree.
>>
>>28691566
I actually picked it because I liked it.
>>
>>28688888

chezking
>>
Where did you apply?

I have no degrees and this was my first job
I work a comfy position overnight where I do nothing but browse the Internet on my phone
Like right now
>>
File: a.jpg (866 KB, 2048x1365) Image search: [Google]
a.jpg
866 KB, 2048x1365
>>28691126
>>28691566
A computer degree is in high demand. Welcome to the 21st century.
To OP, the reason is because of the following,
>You dont have any experience in the workplace
>You have bad or very average grades
>Something is wrong with the interview.. Do you stutter or make the convo autistic.

If you have NO work experience at all you need to volunteer or get something on that resume
>>
>>28691696
>Do you stutter or make the convo autistic.
But they can't discriminate against someone for being autistic, that's ableism and the press will just eat that up.
>>
>>28691645
Various places I find on job boards

>>28691696
I have two years experience as a CS researcher + 6 month internship

My gpa is fine

I try my best in the interviews, I get nervous but I don't think that bad

I have a bunch of projects on github plus some open source contributions.
>>
>>28691723
There is discrimination against autism and race all the time in job interviews in every country.

As long as the employer doesn't mention it, there is no proof of discrimination and noone can do anything about it
>>
>>28691645
Security guard, nighttime hotel clerk, something else?
>>
>>28691696
>computer degree
>high demand

No. Depends on what you're doing with computers.
>>
>>28691789
I work at planet fitness

Mfw I have no work experience and a GED and I have a part time job with benefits
>>
DSon't give up friend okay, look i lkooked for a good job for like opver a year and i wanted to diee okay but then something came along now im a receptionisrt in a dentist ovffice. you can do it it to.o. i belive.
>>
File: 1451403836145.jpg (65 KB, 603x449) Image search: [Google]
1451403836145.jpg
65 KB, 603x449
>>28691126
>Iktfw
I wore a nice suit and everything and nothing was wrong during the meeting. Sorry OP
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.