[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I move to a big city? I don't care if I work 40 hours
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 1600x1200
How do I move to a big city? I don't care if I work 40 hours a week to just pay 80 percent of my salary for rent and I don't even want to live alone. I need to do something with my life and I fucking hate my life here.
>>
>>30025982
- I grew up in a small town of 1500 people
- now I live in a 12m city

absolute
hell
on
earth

noone knows me

when I find a shitty job, my boss and colleagues are *always* arabs. Only they get promotions.

At least I don't have that "if only I lived in a small town where everybody loves each other I'd be alright" fantasy

can't give you tips on how to find a flat or roommates as it depends on the country. I've had to show my parent's income tax receipt.
>>
>>30025982

why the fuck would you want to live in a big city?

get out normie
>>
Living in big cities is only worth it if you're in an industry that only exists in big cities, like finance or something. Otherwise you're going to be making the same you would in a small town but spending more on rent and everything else.
>>
File: download.jpg (27 KB, 500x633) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
27 KB, 500x633
>>30025982
>How do I move to a big city?
Have a vehicle, sell/donate all your possessions except what you take with you, (unless you can rent one of those storage pods, and are able leave it on the street until you have a new home, then have it towed there), stay in hotels along the journey and until you find a new residence. Managers will likely do a credit check, but you can lie about income/employment.

>I don't care if I work 40 hours a week to just pay 80 percent of my salary for rent and I don't even want to live alone. I need to do something with my life and I fucking hate my life here.
Are you willing to rick that you probably won't "make it" in the big city and before long end up homeless and/or begging your mommy to come take you home.
>>
>>30026688
I guess you could do it without a car, but it would be much riskier on many levels. But you'd feel better knowing that if thing don't work out you can live in your car. This is actually illegal in many big cities, but you just put up window covers.
>>
>>30026732
>This is actually illegal in many big cities
what in the actual fuck
>>
>>30026732
I moved to the city and failed miserably (also because no support system anywhere whatsoever). I actually do have recurring nightmares of living in an RV (mobile home) parked in crowded streets. (or in a car)

In the nightmares, I stay in the same place, same street for like 3 weeks, trying to hide myself.
the shame is intense, unbearable

the other day I told my cheap arab hairdresser that I was from a small town. He told me ha, you came to the city to make it big! He immediately regretted it, like he had just spat in my face. (although I had said nothing and was ready for a bullshit answer)

anyway, good luck to OP, many people manage to make it
for me, I just don't want to work in a bank
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.