[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When do you think people really truly get over their fear of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (128 KB, 511x788) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
128 KB, 511x788
When do you think people really truly get over their fear of death
>inb4:"IM NOT AFRAID OF DEATH GRRR IM SO TOUGH"
>>
fuck it im not dying
>>
I think most people don't think about it, or they think 'it will happen later' until the last moment then they bombard their brain with rationalizations like 'it is what it is' etc.
>>
When someone else's life is at risk that they care about.
>>
>>30025456
well nothing matters once you die
actually come to think of it nothing matters anyways, existence is arbitrary.
>>
I'm apathetic about death and only sort of anxious about dying.

Constant swinging states of depression and anxiety will take the existential fear right out of you.
>>
Eventually you get dementia and your brain is so fucked up death isn't even some to think about anymore. Font worry about death. You shouldn't be afraid of that. What your really should be afraid of is living a long life. Eventually one by one everyone you loved ends up dying. All friends family everything. God help you if you are the last one to shut the lights, especially if you have no family of your own. I have a sister but she is batshit insane and I have no relationship with her so when my parents die I won't have anyone I know that actually cares about me and that terrifies me more than death.
>>
>>30025558
It's pretty much this.

I have stomach health problems, and I don't really know the degree to which they're a danger to my health. One day, when I was a bit careless about what I ate, I had a pain in my gut that more severe than any pain I'd ever had. I thought that I had caused fatal damage to my insides and that I was dying. I was collapsed on the floor, cold sweating, my muscles siezed in cramps. I thought death was upon me for sure.

My "last thoughts" were seriously "this isn't so bad for death pain, at least I didn't have to get my guts smashed out in a car accident or be knife-murdered by niggers or something horriffic, and to be honest I was never a happy person so this really is a fine time to die"

the pain passed over the course of half an hour or so and I never ate that combination of foods again, but now I know that i'm pretty much ready to die.
>>
>>30025456
Six to twelve months of suicidal-level depression. By then you've wanted to die for so long it's worn into your identity.

For normal people, it's when they've been sick long enough to accept they're not going to get better. Then they start looking at death as a release from pain, not something to fear. Beyond a certain point of pain, anything that ends it is welcome.
>>
>>30025689
>>30025456
You know what it feels like to get beaten, almost to death? Peaceful. It feels peaceful. It was like I was floating away, watching the whole thing happen to me.
>>
>>30025689
>>30025754
Do you get a mental soundtrack? That would be comfortably cinematic
>>
>>30025512
I feel like humans are close to cracking the long life/immortality gene but not in our lifetimes and it's probably something you have to manipulate at the embryo level.
>>
>>30025456
Lots of people that had illnesses they will die from for sure lost their fear after being given LSD
>>
>>30025905
This. I have done so many drugs and I can safely say I get it. Death has no grip on me.
>>
File: EI0M52T.png (376 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
EI0M52T.png
376 KB, 1024x1024
>>30025456
> i smoke DMT often, which they say is like dying, and i think thats very accurate
> i died a thousand times before already, cant say for sure but i think im not afraid anymore
>>
>>30025862
Stomach guy here -- no. The auditory information I remember was a half-ringing, half-buzzing kind of white noise. Partly irritating, partly angelic. Almost like if you could fuse TV static with wind chimes. It had a musical quality, but it was also like ringing of the ears, where it sort of blocks out what you'd rather be hearing.
>>
>>30025969
Did you ever go to a doctor to get that shit checked out?
>>
File: FB_IMG_1460956725965.jpg (40 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1460956725965.jpg
40 KB, 720x480
It's just like before you were alive anon. Don't trip on it senpai
>>
File: 1460709951221.jpg (57 KB, 540x412) Image search: [Google]
1460709951221.jpg
57 KB, 540x412
>>30025967
DMT is drugs. If you think it has some kind of spiritual side you fell for the drugs meme.
>>
>>30025967
>a thousand times

I've done it, and the most is 5 times, if at all..
>>
>>30026018
yeah, many years ago. It's an ongoing condition, I'm just supposed to keep fit and eat well to manage it, but one day after doing well for a long time I got cocky.
>>
>>30026150
if you think that drugs can't help you access your spiritual side, you fell for the "don't do drugs" meme.
>>
>>30026150
> probably never done psychedlics and has no idea what his talking about anyway

Opinion discarded famalam
>>
>>30025456
i've been a depressed existential nihilism since I was like 11 years old. i haven't feared death for a very long time.

i still fear pain, though. fuck pain.
>>
>>30025456
Almost died once due to a prescription drug allergy.

Haven't feared death since. Might change if there's ever something to lose.
>>
>>30026344
Why fear pain ?
Its the only thing that makes you really feel alive
>>
>>30025456
They don't get over their fear. I don't think anyone can get over it because it is not necessarily the fear of death itself, more so the fear of the unknown.

I think the best you can hope for is acceptance when you do get to that point. It has nothing to do with being satisfied with what you did in life, it really just has to do with knowing you can't do shit about it and knowing it is unavoidable.
>>
>>30026241
Sounds like chrones or something. I don't have chrones, but I have something wrong with my GI tract for sure. I was curled up on the floor of a community college bathroom stall. I thought my apendix was bursting.

I once robotripped and during the experience I thought I was dead. I've never been the same after that night.
>>
>>30025558
I feel like this is true, but everyone thinks about it, we must all face it and we are all anxious about the aftermath. Im not so much scared of death as i am sad i won't see how far we get; if we ever form a perfect world. Were so early on in history, only 8000 years of known human history...that's not that many generations, lives equal in complexity, length, and thoughts. How much will we never know, never see? How many worlds beyond our comprehension are out there? Beyond our understanding the way a chicken could never understand a computer.

My greatest hope in every sense of the phrase is God. That we may one day be one and we will know eternal peace. And if we dissapear like before our birth, i simply cannot fathom. The bible says the living know death, but the dead know nothing. Even if it's true, the fact remains: we were here for our thin slice of time wether there was purpose or not. No matter what you believe, "something" exists and that on its own is baffling and scares me. Im scared to die and scared of living forever sometimes too, the duality of this reality scares me. Positive/negative heat/cold light/dark life/death everything only has 2 states?
>>
I just don't think about it.
It's gonna happen, why worry?
>>
>>30026344
>i've been a depressed existential nihilism since I was like 11 years old
how does the ride go on im on year 19 currently
any big changes ?
>>
The edge in this thread holy shit
>>
>>30026637
Well i was the same way, then around 19 i had my first existencial crisis, then at 20 i had a worse one but im fine now. They both lasted about a week, i was so fucked up i didn't eat for 4 days
>>
>>30026640
Too late shill, we are exchanging thoughts on a higher level already.

The chase is on, what is faster,
the train
or the derailer
>>
>>30026692
>"existential crisis" lasted about a week
>i was the same way
i dont think so.
>>
>>30026692
Really hoping it's not a regular occurence, i used to think i knew nihilism because it was logical, but to think about it and to "experience" it are two TOTALLY different things
>>
>>30025456
Fearing death is completely irrational. It is inevitable that it will happen eventually. No point in fearing it. The only reason people fear death is because they believe in an after life and are scared shitless they will end up going to Hell because of their lifestyle.
>>
>>30026750
I'm talking about fucking existencial/death fear induced panic attacks, not pussy ass 14-year-old tier
>waaa why do i have to live a shitty life
>>
>>30026821
And i was talking about thinking like this permanently...
But whatever floats your boat ma man.
>>
>>30026868
You have panic attacks every single day since you were 11? Holy shit i wanted to kill myself after one week. And I'm telling you just thinking like that's not the same as experiencing it, best way i can phrase it but if you know what I'm talking about then good luck man i really hope you'll feel better soon
>>
>>30025456
Right before they die tbqh, it's easier to accept when it's literally right in front of you
>>
>>30025606
Then get off r9k and go fuck stacy while Chad watches
>>
>>30026996
>thinks realizing stuff like this will make you a happier/less robot person

kek, it only gets worse.

despair code
e
s
p
a
i
r C O D E
>>
I'm afraid I will go to hell for not choosing the right religion.
>>
>>30026917
It was more like 16 or something, am not the 11 dude.
I can suppress it and ignore it when doing something mostly, but as soon as my thoughts wander off it hits me hard.
Comes back in episodes as well, my head is such a mess.
>inb4 edgy kid
I went to a doctor and he basically told me this.
If he only knew...
>>
is nbome spiritual?
I've done it before and it told me to stop coming here
>>
>>30027236
>you think about a daoist imageboard so much that it appears in your trip that mainly consists of your subconsciousness

You are here forever anon.
>>
>>30027236
Yeah I've had beautiful experience on nbome. Its probably not good for you though
>>
>>30027264
lol I'm just 18 dude
>>
>>30027303
visuals are pretty weak (if they even happen at all) to be honest
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.