[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>18 >can't drive >going to college in the fall
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 8
>18
>can't drive
>going to college in the fall
>my mom is going to fucking drive me to school
>even if I learn how to drive i have no car and no job
>everyone will laugh at me
so much for a fresh start

im fucking crying right now and my dad just saw me crying and started laughing at me. my mom started crying because she saw how upset I was and started blaming it on herself
>>
>>30021949
How about public transit?
>>
>>30021990
I live in a suburb

theres no bus that goes from anywhere near where I live to the college

Im not even sure if theres a bus that goes to the college period
>>
Are you going to a community college?

Most of the students will be ghetto or retarded. You definitely won't be the only one. More people will probably be walking.
>>
>>30021949
A remarkable amount of people have people pick them up.

It's not that bad. Plus, you can just have your saint of a mother pick you in an area of campus that's not very busy. Even if it means you have to walk a bit.

Sack up. Make some friends, see if they can't drive you
>>
>>30022036
no its a state school I just happen to live like 30 minutes away
>>
>>30021949
Why wont your mom or dad teach you to drive, so when you do end up getting a job you can get a car as quick as possible if your so freaked out about your mom driving you?
>>
>>30021949
how about she drops you off in a other street
>>
>>30022060
Lol ur fucked then
>>
>>30022067
I'm learning how to drive right now but Im just really bad at it

I almost got into an accident the other day, really discouraged me
>>
>>30022036
Really? Always felt that its incredibly retarded to spend massive amounts of money on the first two your of your undergrad, going to a community college for two years and transferring is the best route money wise.
>>
>>30021949
Not a big deal.
Work on getting your license obviously but it's not that big of a deal that you're getting dropped off.

My friend just graduated and they got into one car accident and stopped driving. Their parents had to drive them to college every day for the next like 3-4 years. (They're going to be 23 soon I think and they still won't have a car/desire to drive again)
>>
File: 14633721042942.jpg (55 KB, 1278x594) Image search: [Google]
14633721042942.jpg
55 KB, 1278x594
>>30021949
Why don't you just fucking walk there you pussy

who needs a car anyway?

dumb americans baka desu senpai...
>>
>>30022085
I know it's easy to be discouraged, but you really need to keep trying man. Just go slow and safe.
>>
>>30022085
Ah, you'll get better my man, Im in a similar situation as you, started to learn and was fucking atrocious mainly because I was just really nervous about the whole thing, but the "practice makes perfect" meme apply's here, the more you drive the better youll get.
>>
>>30021949
you're fine. i know a bunch of commuters who needed to get picked up by parents, no one gave a shit.
>>
>>30022113
Youre right, why didnt I think of walking 40 miles to school and back every day?

Fucking retarded european get out of my thread
>>
>>30022093
Retarded as in actual mental capabilities, not in terms of life planning.

Junior/Community college is by far the best choice in terms of financial options. Those first two years of being on a university campus really are special though.

You miss out on a lot of first experiences.
>>
>>30022114
>>30022124
thanks lads

Yeah I'm gonna keep learning, hopefully Ill get able to get my license before the first semester ends.

Ive went from driving once a week to every day now so maybe Ill start learning a bit faster
>>
>>30022140
What experiences would I miss out on?
>>
>>30022036
This. Dont worry about it OP, a lot of people get dropped off and picked up, just pass by the school youll see all the other kids waiting for their parents too
>>
ok thanks for the reassurance guys ive calmed down a bit
>>
>>30022155
Im not sure what state your in but if you can, talk to someone who did the driving test recently and have them tell you what to expect. Then just practice all that shit.
>>
Yeah i got dropped off til i was 20 when i got a car. Trust me noone cares, a lot of other people are there waiting to get picked up too. Maybe if you get lucky you'll make a friend who can give you a ride. And if you are SUPER lucky you'll get a cute tomboy gf with big tits who rides a motorcycle and shell give you a ride on the bitch seat and you'll have to hug her from behind for 30 minutes 2 Times a day. But only if youre lucky
>>
>>30021949
Seriously man, it's not a big deal if you can't drive in college, most things you want are on campus, and getting lifts places will give you a reason to know people. Just some advice though, leave your door open and try to meet as many people as you can in the first week or two. If you get invited to any party, go, no excuses. I wish I would have done more in that first month, cause there really is no better time to reinvent yourself.
>>
File: 1468020736685.jpg (496 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1468020736685.jpg
496 KB, 1920x1080
>>30022060

That's not that far, just fucking walk
>>
>>30022305
>leave your door open and try to meet as many people as you can in the first week or two
any tips? I assume you dont just talk to random people in your classes. or do you?

Im considering rushing when I get there, I heard its a good way to meet people and if I get a bid at a frat I can move into the house eventually.

Its apparently much cheaper living in a frat house than dorming
>>
File: 1410668088222.jpg (106 KB, 680x506) Image search: [Google]
1410668088222.jpg
106 KB, 680x506
>>30022296
>tfw no cute tomboy gf with big tits who rides a motorcycle
>>
>>30022347
My university didn't really have frats, but if you are in a big state university, totally do it. Frat guys are shallow, douchey, and uninspired, but they do open up social circles. Otherwise, meet the people on your floor, maybe some from your classes (although I find that harder) and join some clubs. Clubs are a great way to get some friends. They're kinda like frats for people with personalities.
>>
>>30022444
>meet the people on your floor
I'm commuting man

that was the whole point of the thread lol

club thing sounds like a good idea, ill check some out

thanks
>>
>>30021949
Look into a 250cc bike, cheap and the only people who'll know it isn't impressive are people who are into bikes enough they'll like you anyway

Motorcycling everywhere has legitimately made me into a permanently happy person
>>
>>30022486
OP here

ive always kinda wanted a motorcycle but I know 4 people who have died on them and 2 more made vegetables

seems kinda risky

if i ever get depressed enough that i want to end it all ill probably buy a 700cc one and see how long i last
>>
>>30022515
Wear the gear and don't be a retard
>>
>>30022140
yeah seriously what would you miss out if you didn't attend a uni?
>>
File: TEXAS[1].jpg (61 KB, 616x450) Image search: [Google]
TEXAS[1].jpg
61 KB, 616x450
>>30022113
t. Eurosmall
>>
>>30021949
Don't worry, op, I'm in the same boat as you more or less. I'm 19 and am starting college in the fall, but I wasted a year of my life doing absolutely fucking nothing, when I said I'd turn my life around. Only 4 months ago did I start practicing driving, and got a small job washing cars about 2 times a week. I have yet to actually commit to getting fit, so I there's still more road to cover. Slowly but surely, we all get there, I guess.
>>
>>30022060
that's the least of your worries m8... i live 40 minutes away (also get a drive from my father because no license) and the time it wastes is HELL. commuting wastes at least 80 minutes a day for me. then, lets say i have a class in morning and class in late afternoon, i have to wait several hours at campus for that class to start. sure i could use that extra time to work, but i work best at home and can't concentrate on campus.

yeah it also sucks getting a drive from your parents, but you dont have to tell anyone. just get dropped off at a nearby street. also work on your license next summer
>>
>>30022619
well make it man

you reminded me I have to get fit too

being skinnyfat is death
>>
>>30022160
>>30022546
Sometimes I forget I'm a cyborg and that you guys don't understand some of the social stuff I have experienced and desire.

Forget that I even mentioned it.
>>
>>30022479
Oh, shit, I thought you just meant getting dropped off on the first day. Well, there are usually also commuter events, and at least it will prevent you from hiding in your room like so many people do. Best of luck to you!
>>
>>30021949
Kek. Why didn't you just get your drivers licence like me, kid?

When I start college this fall I'll have the option of using my car or my friend's car. Step up m8.
>>
>>30021949
>americans are surprised when an 18 year old doesn't have a driving license

What the fuck?
Most people here get a driving license at 25+ because unless you do it at school (yes we have schools here where you can also get a driving license) it's expensive as fuck
Nigga my mom is turning 40 and she still doesn't have a driving license, thankfully I'm working right now to get one after summer, but seriously nigga, not having a drivers license is the least of your, and everyone elses, worries
>>
>>30022841
thanks man!

-
>>
File: 1468554239106.jpg (36 KB, 550x584) Image search: [Google]
1468554239106.jpg
36 KB, 550x584
>>30022751
nah man, lets hear it
>inb4 sex, fun, partying, and having the time of your life
>>
Hey dipshit OP. Get the fuck out of this board. If you're crying over the fact that your mom will be commuting you to school, go fuck yourself.

My friends take HEAVILY UNRELIABLE public transit to college every day. They have to wake up extra fucking early and come home late at night. Fuck you.

90% of my friends don't even have a license, and I'm a junior undergrad. They'd eat a homeless person's ass just to get free transit, especially from mommy or daddy.

Honestly, get out.
>>
>>30022937
>90% of my friends don't even have a license, and I'm a junior undergrad
What is wrong with them?
>>
File: 1465151948599.gif (1 MB, 355x225) Image search: [Google]
1465151948599.gif
1 MB, 355x225
>23
>no driver license and never had the desire to get it despite having the money
>going to job in train and then walking

Feels good living in a country with a decent public transporting.
>>
>>30022924
maybe those are what i was talking about...

im sorry
>>
>>30022937
>90% of my friends don't even have a license, and I'm a junior undergrad.
not everyone surrounds themselves with the mentally challenged, dickhead

fuck off
>>
>>30022984

They have no reason to have a license. Public transit takes care of everything. I'm assuming you are not from a big city.
>>
>>30021949
Why should you care? Just concentrate on studying and getting out. You're mostly there to finish your degree not care what mouth breathing normies think about you. You should really worry about the opinions of your professors and people that could help you later.
>>
>>30023028
>>30022937
>lives in a place where public transit takes care of everything
>OP lives in a place where you pretty much need a license to function
>make fun of him and tell him he doesnt need a license
youre retarded
>>
>>30021949
OP please I didn't get my driver's license until I was 19.
I was dropped off/picked up by my dad all the time. NO ONE GAVE A SHIT.
Then again it was a community college so take that however you want.
>>
>>30023061

lol okay tell me about the very likely situation where people in his college start strip searching him for his driver's license

oh wait, there is no such thing. nobody will give a shit. just stay away from the normies and stacies and you'll be fucking fine.
>>
>american teens problems: The thread
>>
File: data_laughing.gif (767 KB, 200x150) Image search: [Google]
data_laughing.gif
767 KB, 200x150
>best friend and I managed to get a class together
>overhear that this hipster faggot doesn't have a car
>laugh at him
>he tells us that biking to school saves the planet
>he's out of class for a week
>comes back
>he got hit by a car and was in the hospital
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.