[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do any robots here study physics at uni?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: physics.jpg (65 KB, 1080x720) Image search: [Google]
physics.jpg
65 KB, 1080x720
Do any robots here study physics at uni? Do you enjoy it?

Starting this fall. I just chose it because it interests me. I have no idea about the job prospects or anything.

It seems like a pretty robot major though, so I hope I can maybe get a friend.
>>
I'm not a physics major, but atmospheric sciences, which is basically physics in the air.

It fucking blows, I'm failing the summer class, I want nothing more than to off myself every day I go to class. I'm failing it right now and I can't wait to actually fail it and get zero sympathy for it.
>>
I studied Mathematics while at university, fucking loved it, it was the best decision I've made in my life.

I guess you've got some hobbies/interests (vidya or anime etc) so join a club with those interests and I guarantee you, you will meet other robots and maybe even a qt?

Also at my university maths was a 50/50 split between boys and girls, physics was more 70 boys, 30 girls.
>>
>>30021783
It's pretty fun, mate. Just take it slow and get a feel for the different areas of physical. At first it might look like you're taught stuff for me reason, especially the maths, but their usefulness will become apparent very soon.

And on the topic of practical advice: for the love of all that is holy, DO NOT substitute numerical values before you have solved for the quantity you're looking for. I TA in uni and it's one of the main sources of error.
>>
>>30021783
Im in uni taking physics but i don't study as i already learned that shit, since i've spent pretty much all my life at home either playing vidya, jacking off, or practicing math and reading technical documents
>>
>>30021783
If you couldn't make friends in High-school don't expect to make any at University, it's practically the same thing
>>
I'm doing phd in physics and it's all a lie. All the scientists are normies. Women are even more entitled and sjw than usual. Everything is decided by networking and nepotism and getting drunk with right people.
>>
>>30021860
That sucks, anon. I think, if you're at least interested in the subject, put some more time into it and persevere. I don't know if you are able to do that, but that would be my advice, if you want it.

>>30021909
Doing this. Also a programming club of some sort. Thanks for the advice.

>>30022007
I'll keep that in mind. Seems like it might be useful. Thanks, man.

>>30022054
How did you find the time? I wish I had time for pursuing my interests other than vidya in high school, but I had 0 time and 0 energy.

>>30022121
Hmm, seems like it might be a lot different from what I have seen. I guess I will find out.

>>30022210
Oh fuck. Is this true? Sounds like a nightmare. Are you in the US? Do you think it might be different in Europe? How does a robot survive in that environment? Sorry for all the questions.
>>
>>30022289
Thanks, but I'm interested in meteorology, not physics. I mean, meteorology is normie as fuck but it's okay, I love the field. I couldn't give a fuck about how a spring on a block oscillates (part of my exam tomorrow), I care about what I need to study atmospheric dynamics and friends. If I fail this course, my parents won't pay for my university anymore, which is why I'm so upset about doing so poorly. Best of luck with your major.
>>
File: 1456842047832.jpg (62 KB, 1023x881) Image search: [Google]
1456842047832.jpg
62 KB, 1023x881
I do, it fucking blows.
I don't have the motivation to study for class anymore because my course curriculum is so outdated and narrow.
Other students are fuckheads who either keep to themselves no matter how sociable you try to be or have their own closed social circle.
The lecturers tend to have their heads so far up their asses that they don't even have any sort of conversation etiquette, they're also miserable their careers are going nowhere and that they're stuck in some bumfuck town.
The same goes for the math department.
Its quite discouraging which is why I tend to study alone on topics not covered in my course.
It's really frustrating cause I'm right at the end of my course and I still can't manage to finish.

>>30022463
I've got the same ultimatum, if I fail again my parents will cut off rent payments next year.
>>
>>30021783
Yeah, going into my senior year now and im really clueless on what im gonna do when I leave.

I thought I would try to enter the energy sector, but its pretty hard to break into, and now im kinda stuck aimless
>>
>>30022757
only future i can see for a physics major is like CERN or fusion energy. maybe astrophysics, with SpaceX and all. on second though, they probably have the physics covered by a computer. what they need are material scientists
>>
>>30022463
Oh, I'm sorry. Good luck with the exam tomorrow. I'm rooting for you.
>>
>>30022687
That does sound like it blows. I hope it won't be like that for me. If it is, I hope it's not too late to switch to CS. Good luck, anon.
>>
>>30022786
There are lots of other research positions other than CERN and the others you mentioned. They just aren't well known. Many physics majors also seem to become software devs around here.
>>
>>30021860

>Physics in the air

>It blows

Nice one anon.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.