[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>he wonders why his life is empty, meaningless, isolated and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 9
File: 135351353456.jpg (10 KB, 237x212) Image search: [Google]
135351353456.jpg
10 KB, 237x212
>he wonders why his life is empty, meaningless, isolated and miserable
>he is an atheist

Sorry matey, if you willfully choose to reject God, then that's fine. But you can't go around complaining about your life being shit when you know exactly why it is.

Start participating in a religious community, having faith in God, and live according to his will, and THEN come back to me and complain about you life.

Because man can't live without God. And you're all living proof of it.
>>
The thing is, you can't believe in something that you just don't believe in.
>>
File: amen.jpg (119 KB, 441x404) Image search: [Google]
amen.jpg
119 KB, 441x404
>>30021748
But, I'm already a Christian, anon.
>>
>>30021748
>people are unironically atheists
>people are unironically religious

I don't get how someone can have faith or no faith at all, judging by logic the most obvious choice is Agnosticism.There is literally no proof that God is real, but at the same time,there is no proof that he is not real.
>>
>>30021908
You might as well become a subjectivist if that's how you're going to view it
>>
Being a christian would probably just make me more of beta pushover "nice" guy than I already am. I need to learn how to be more of an asshole if I want to get what I desire out of life.
>>
>>30021748
You can't just say "I believe in god" and believe in god, faggot.

You can run around yelling "I am christian" but that won't change the fact that you're not if you believe in something else.
>>
>>30021908
The odds are heavily against it, though. There is no evidence for god, but there is lots of evidence for alternative hypotheses, so there's no reason to give the god hypothesis any respect.

Also, >>30021748, maybe my bitterness and sorrow comes from a source that isn't atheism. At least as an atheist, I'm not suicidal (as I was when religious - kept reaching out and never got a response, so I felt hated, betrayed, and damned to hell for no good reason).
>>
>>30021970
That's exactly what I was saying here >>30021864

You can't force yourself to believe in unicorns. I mean I guess you could, but then you just be mind fucking yourself all the time through delusion which would hurt your mental state even more
>>
I tried really hard to believe, I spent about two years of my life going to church every day, volunteering and participating in the community, read the entire Bible, but I just couldn't ever believe. It just isn't there for me, whatever I'm supposed to feel.
>>
File: 1447485821329.jpg (50 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1447485821329.jpg
50 KB, 1024x768
>lacking purpose in life
>decide to read the Bible
>it's fucking retarded
Do people actually believe this shit?
>>
>>30021864
>>30021970
>>30022145

What are you even talking about? Are you trying to imply you were born atheist or something?
That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.
Stop rejecting God and pretending that it's not something you are willfully doing.
>>
>>30022416
I don't understand what you mean by this, could you clarify? I'm not trolling, I genuinely don't understand.
>>
>>30021748
My life has noticeably improved since I've stopped believing.
Either God doesn't want me or we both fell for the same meme with varying degrees of success.
>>
File: 1465565293932.png (202 KB, 544x416) Image search: [Google]
1465565293932.png
202 KB, 544x416
>>30022467
hurr no u ling bcos ur against my beliefs and my beliefs r the truth duur god hurr
>>
>>30022416
>are you trying to imply you were born atheist

Umm yeah. A lack of belief in God is the default position. No one comes out of the womb believing in God.
>>
>>30021748
I'm a Christian, and I believe that God doesn't care what happens to us on earth. Just look at the Book of Job, our suffering is a game to him.
>>
>>30022462

My point is, you can go ahead and choose to abandon your faith the minute you encounter some pitfall.

But the sad fact of the matter is, it's pretty much impossible to be happy without God.
If you want to be miserable, then go ahead.
>>
>>30022525

>A lack of belief in God is the default position

And yet every single culture on the planet has developed some sort of religious/spiritual tradition.
Funny that.
Almost seems like atheism is unnatural.
>>
>>30022542
I never abandoned my faith though, I never had it in the first place. My parents didn't raise me religious and I tried to start going to church on my own. I don't disagree with you that I'd probably be happier if I believed in god, I'm saying that I earnestly tried to find faith and couldn't. I am >>30022145 btw.
>>
>>30022542
What about all the celebrities and rich people who are atheist, Buddhist, agnostic, ect.
Do you honestly believe that people like Penn and Teller, James Cameron, and Billy Joel are secretly unhappy.
I'm living proof that you're wrong, because I'm happy you delusional nut.
>>
>>30022717

I genuinely believe that those people will never be truly happy. Not the kind of lasting happiness you get from knowing God.

But maybe you're right. Maybe you are truly happy. We'll see how long that lasts.
>>
>>30022618

I was born and raised into my faith. And I was taught that even if I struggled with my faith, even when times are bad and I can't see God, I just had to stay committed and faithful and He would see me through it.

Seems like you abandoned your faith after struggling a bit.
How can you say your life wasn't improved by volunteering and participating in the community?
Do you really think you are better off now that you gave up?
>>
>>30022526
If you were an immortal all knowing all powerful elder being how silly would you find it when humans try to compare their emotions to yours.
>>
File: 891.png (42 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
891.png
42 KB, 625x626
>>30021748
You even try, bro ?
>>
>>30022717
How can they be happy when there lives are meaningless? Money can't buy existential happiness.
>>
>>30022860
He said he never had faith in the first place retard.
He made an effort to be religious and God ignored him.
>>
>>30021748
It's not like I totally reject God, it's just...I'm stressed out and pissing against the wind enough already, I don't have the time or will to when I'm too busy doing other things.
>>
>>30021748
>smug anime face
>shilling for religion
0/10 You're making it too obvious
>>
>>30023008
>there
They live in luxury and get to entertain millions. I would honestly be shocked if they were unhappy.
I have much less then them and I am enjoying life just fine.
>>
>>30022564
>every single culture has developed religion
>b-but only mine is the right one
>>
>>30021748
Atheist here

Agnostics are the worst and have absolutely no conviction in anything

I respect religious people as long as they follow their teachings.
>>
>>30023012

How about you read my whole post before replying to save yourself embarrassment, friendo.

I said that it was ME who was raised in my faith, so I understand it a bit more and can give advice.

>GOD IGNORED MEEEE!

I can already tell you were raised religious, but are now going through your rebellious phase and treating God as if he was a distant parent.
>>
>>30023097

There are many paths to God, but some people even refuse to walk.
That can only lead to misery.
>>
>>30023019
>Don't have the time
Wow what an original excuse!
>>
>>30023097
> So many different political ideologies and philosophies
> But only mine is the right one
>>
>>30022564
>condition children for years to believe in magical deities
>natural

Come again
>>
>is religious
>posts on /r9k/
No
>>
File: BestBait.jpg (11 KB, 517x132) Image search: [Google]
BestBait.jpg
11 KB, 517x132
>>30021748
Gz OP, gonna go for 200m now or will your just move on to Woodcutting?
>>
>>30023097
What you just said makes no sense. Just because there is more than one of something doesn't mean they're all meaningless.
>>
>>30023132
How about you read MY whole post.
I said god ignored him.
And I wasn't raised religious. My mom's side was and my dad's side wasn't. I got both sides of the argument and I made my choice.
I don't understand why religious people can't respect that and feel the need to shill their religion to me.
>>
>>30023232
Do you know anything about religious history at all? Religion was started by people who chose to believe in it and no one is forcing you to join a religion. Part of most religions is freedom of speech and the choice to believe in whatever you want. Forcing someone to believe in a deity they don't believe in defeats the point.
>>
>>30023238
It's the Internet everyone is going to force their opinion on you but you don't see people forcing religious beliefs on you in daily life. Maybe preaching but not forcing.
>>
>>30023234
probably prayer i'd guess
>>
>>30022564
>A few crazies in different places decided to create a pyramid scheme and scare people into it with promise of magical entities that will smite them if they don't.
>The people who fell for the religion meme didn't want their kids sent to a fiery oblivion so they brainwashed their kids into believing.
repeat point two for several thousand years and there is your explanation.
>>
>>30023305
>Part of most religions is freedom of speech and the choice to believe in whatever you want.
Except that one we're not supposed to mention.
>>
>>30023366
But anon, everything is a meme. You've fallen for many memes yourself. What's the difference?
>>
File: Imam2.jpg (9 KB, 251x295) Image search: [Google]
Imam2.jpg
9 KB, 251x295
>>30023428
Do you have something you want to say, brother?
>>
>>30023454
Nothing, nothing, assalamu alaikum!
>>
File: 1459728639110.jpg (338 KB, 1369x1183) Image search: [Google]
1459728639110.jpg
338 KB, 1369x1183
Fucking desu yourself.
I tried getting god into my life on several occasions. i never got your. magical voice. My life has been shit from the beginning.

Keep talking to your imaginary friend.
if you're successful, it's because you dedicated yourself to getting there.

If you're shit you were born there or you put yourself there.

Stop putting your downfalls abd success up for something that does not exist. You cannot pray the autsim or the cancer away. Just accspt your downfalls and your ups.
>>
The bait is strong in this thread.
Let's observe how far it goes.

This pasta contains many an orangutan-iginal.
>>
>>30021748
If there is truly a loving god, he better have a good reason why I ended up 5'5.

Also this >>30021951
>>
>>30023337
religious people do force people to believe.
look back to a couple hundred years ago and you'll see that the church controlled everything.
look back a few years ago to today when people started shooting places up/flying planes into buildings for their religion.
even I was sent to a christian camp as a child to try to brainwash me into believing in a magic man in the sky who loves us all, but also doesn't mind if awful things happen to large numbers of us. ex. the holocaust, 9/11, ect.
>>
>>30023488
because 5'5 honestly isn't that bad and anyone who falls for the height meme is retarded.
>>
>>30023470
Don't hesitate if you have questions, brother. We are always listening.
Wa alaykumu s salam
>>
>>30023476
Oh look, a tripfriend making assumptions based on conjecture!
No one here is anywhere near qualified to make assumptions based on any of this. Nobody on the planet really is.
Being an ideologue either way betrays a weakness of mind
>>
>>30022860
>How can you say your life wasn't improved by volunteering and participating in the community?
>Do you really think you are better off now that you gave up?

I do so love how Christfags have to resort to arguments that have absolutely nothing to do with religion in order to con more people into trying out the whole Christfag shit until they've sunken enough cost, time, and identity into it to back out.

>>30023234
Holy shit, is that... Runescape classic? By god, that brings me back. Is the new Runescape any good? Are ((Jagex)) still hilariously fucked?

>>30023484
Yeah, this is gonna be funny. Once upon a time I would've cared, but I've kind of given up after the whole Scientology bullshit. Cults are gonna push their shit on the mentally ill no matter what, and fighting it is like pissing up a rope you're standing under.
>>
>>30021748
Believe me, I've already tried to. I grew up in a hardcore Christian environment, and to be perfectly honest, I was a lot more miserable when I adhered to that
>>
>>30023236
Practically all religions are mutually exclusive. They cannot all be correct. They can, however, all be wrong.
>>
>>30023610
This is RuneScape 2. Current RuneScape (RuneScape 3) is beyond fucked but there's an "old school" version of servers rolled back to 2007. It has a small dev team but a larger player base than the main game. Seriously good shit if you want to get into playing again.
>>
>>30022860
Not sure if you're still around the thread, but I feel that you made some assumptions about me that are unwarranted.

>Seems like you abandoned your faith after struggling a bit.
My point was that I never HAD faith, I started going to church because I thought that God would help me find direction and purpose, but throughout the entire time I was there I never felt any closer to believing. I would pray and it just felt like I was talking to myself until I eventually I just stopped trying.
>How can you say your life wasn't improved by volunteering and participating in the community?
This isn't relevant, and I still volunteer and participate in my community through secular means.
>Do you really think you are better off now that you gave up?
No, but again, this isn't particularly relevant. I'm saying that despite my efforts I was never able to have faith, not that my life is better without it. I probably would feel better if I had it but that isn't the question.
>>
File: image.jpg (61 KB, 540x541) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
61 KB, 540x541
Aloo Akbar mother fuckers happily blow them selves up all the time and it's because they love god. Why do you god loving mother fuckers always have to try to impose your beliefs on others? You are just as much scum as a terrorist bomber
>>
I miss Christfag
>>
>tfw you will never be god
>>
>>30023780
> You are just as much scum as a terrorist bomber

Relativistic ramblimgs from an atheist. Why am I not surprised. Listen genius, when someone hands you a religious flyer on the street, that person is not doing the same thing as a fanatic running over people with a truck.
>>
>>30023780
What utter fucking nonsense. Outrageous shit like this is why everybody hated atheists, stop making it harder for the rest of us.
Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.