[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Actively like to help people >Want to go out of my way
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: 20120109112.png (264 KB, 800x449) Image search: [Google]
20120109112.png
264 KB, 800x449
>Actively like to help people
>Want to go out of my way to help others sometimes
>Feel at my worst when I'm unable to help someone who is suffering
>Really working to be the type of person other people can rely on

>tfw women see this only as a trait to be abused.
>>
"Don't be so sweet that people swallow you up, nor so bitter that they spit you out." - Luqman the wise
>>
>want to help people
>everyone's doing fine and there's nothing to help anyone with besides trivial things that nobody ever wants help with

This is the far more common scenario.
>>
>>30021374
I used to believe in ultimate goodness too. But realized, its much more fun being evil. And after I did so many evil things I even lost my faith in god and religion.

Now im at my absolute worse.
>>
I reached a point where I feel good with myself for doing good deeds even if I don't get thanks or if no one is looking.

Nowadays people are so afraid to appear weak or turn out a sucker that they are reluctant to do anything that doesn't benefit them. Don't feel bad OP, have some confidence in what you do.
>>
>Try this attitude on /r9k/
>Get shit on with the force of a thousand suns
>>
>>30021374
>>>tfw women see this only as a trait to be abused.
men generally do too.

the moral of the story here is that you should care less about helping people. Close friends are worthy of everything you can do, casual acquaintances should get tended to on a "if it's convenient" basis, strangers shouldn't be cared about at all.
>>
>>30021374
You're just naieve so you attract shitty people. You can help people and be good but only to people who deserve it. Whores will always find some dumb beta to milk for all he's worth. Alphas are nice too but they're not chumps cause they arent slave to the pussy.
>>
>>30023087
I never assumed I would be getting with any of the girls I helped.
They just threw me away when I couldn't be of use to them.
>>
>say that you like to help people
>you actually dont tho
>you just say it because it makes you feel better
>>
>>30023143
You never assumed but Im sure you hoped with some of them at least. You have to be honest with yourself.
>>
>>30021374
If you want to help people, never expect the people you helped to pay you back.

>have a coworker friend who's sad because he's poor and couldn't play any vidya
>lend him a console and a couple of games
>i resign from my job
>he gets mad at me when I asked him to return me the console after he had it for about 2 years
>unfriends me
>find out he moved
>no way to get those games and console back

I feel somehow dumb but I realized I shouldn't really have expected anything back. It's up to them if they'd like to be an asshole. I won't be an asshole back at them. It takes too much work and emotion to get back.

Sorry if I sounded like a fucking shonen manga MC.
>>
>>30023179
I didn't even hope though. I wasn't really attracted to the female "friends" I'd had in my life.
>>30021728
I had a dream once where I was a successful CEO of a mega corporation, and i managed to get to that position by being cruel and treating everybody as if they were below me.
>>30023187
I didn't even expect to get payed back. They just stopped treating me like a human being when I was unable to help them.
>>
>>30023331
Sorry if I assumed you expected to be paid back.

>They just stopped treating me like a human being when I was unable to help them.

care to greentext?
>>
>>30023143
Because they see you as a tool. Distance yourself from such people and save extraordinary displays of kindness for loved ones and good companions, or for useful and beneficial causes like volunteering or something.
>>30023187
If he was a friend and you *lent* him those things, he's an ass.
>>
>>30023835
>If he was a friend
he genuinely was

>and you *lent* him those things
I did, cuz I felt bad for him and I would rather have those things see some use instead of gathering dust on the shelf

>he's an ass.
In a way he is, but maybe I asked him to return them in a slightly tactless manner? It's the only way I could think of that would get him pissed about getting my stuff back
>>
>>30023619
>8th grade
>Still near beginning of the year
>constantly scrimp on lunch money, avoid eating anything to big.
>My school had a vending machine in the front hall
>one day going there to get a snack
>poor girl checking her pockets
>ask her if she needs any extra money
>she says yeah
>give her the funds she needs
>fast forward a little bit
>Now whenever that girl needs money, she asks me
>Sometimes comes with some of her friends who need a little bit of money too
>I'm happy to help
>Always gives me a "thanks anon, you're pretty cool."
>One day, my only friend who i sit with at lunch is absent.
>Trying not to sit alone and look like an autist, want to actually be social this year
>spy poor girl and her friends, think it would be okay if I sit with them
>Poor girl actually tells me i need to sit somewhere else.
>Feel hurt, but assume she must have her reasons
>Still consistently give her vending machine money
>One day friend is sick again
>Again I assume it might be okay to sit with poor girl this time.
>Actually give me a "dude, you need to stop trying to sit here."
>It's not like the table is over flowing with people.
>Still feel hurt, but I don't show it.
>Finally decide that i want to save some money for myself to buy a game
>Poor girl asking for money.
>Tell her I can't spare any this time.
>"Aw come on I'm sure you've got something."
>tell her sorry but I can't
>"What the hell anon, you used to be cool."
>Angrily stomps away with her friends, while they give me the death glare

This is just one of many
>>
>>30023916
Don't blame yourself, he was a cunt and had no ground to stand on. You lent it to him, it wasn't a gift.
>>
>>30024154
You have a heart of gold.
Don't let them take that away from you.

Memes aside, is this a common fucking occurrence wherever you're you're from?
I haven't been treated like this, don't treat people like this and never thought people get treated like this.

How did you cope? Did you try to reach out to her?
>>
>>30021374
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzLEBtObYxU

Just think before you act. Don't be lawful stupid. Don't become a cynic or anything, but consider your actions and the people you are charitable to. Some people require humility or genuine condemnation in order to better themselves. If you can't provide that, that's okay. You aren't perfect.
In terms of relationships, you probably need someone with a similar disposition so you end up supporting each other. anything else, and you'd end up in a situation where one person is pretty much taking advantage of the other.
>>
>>30024245
I moved out of state after 8th grade. and only lived in that state for 8th grade, so i can't be sure.
Honestly, it felt pretty shitty, but i got over it with time. I ended up trying to avoid her after that, but got my ultimate revenge in befriending the popular class clown, who often sat at the same table and invited me to sit with him.
Granted it was a fairly long table and we sat at opposite ends, but still.
>>
>>30021374
Don't do it, some people abuse helpful people.
>>
File: 1458589092458.png (332 KB, 411x411) Image search: [Google]
1458589092458.png
332 KB, 411x411
Just gotta accept that woman don't like compassionate guys desu
You're going to die a virgin because you're a legitimately good human being.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.