[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
embarassment
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: maxresdefault.jpg (62 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
62 KB, 1280x800
how often do you get those "intrusive thoughts", /r9k/?

how do you react to them?
>>
all the fucking time. Although I am getting better at letting them go. Practice mindfullness meditations. They work well. Relaxation techniques can help too if the intrusive thoughts cause anxiety.
>>
I suppress them with drugs sometimes, or shut them down as best I can by force of will. I have certain thoughts that at times come bursting forth onto my consciousness, and I feel a sudden intense urge to die, to take my own life. Demons you could say, and I just have to fight them. I suppose it's all you can do.
>>
>>30019051
near constantly
>>
at least 30 times an hour. hahahahahaha
i am about done with this
>>
Boy did I ever. There were a lot of them, and they would hit hard.
Now days I am so foregone that I have stopped caring, none of it is really important. All of those events are only a sliver compared to the time I've spent reflecting upon them. I feel like I am looking at an entirely different person in the mirror, and that the past-tense only loosely applies to me.
>>
>>30019081
>mindfullness
What practices do you recommend, every time i ask people about this they say focus on your breath or a object or something. How does mindfullness actually work?
>>
>>30020018
not that dude, but this course is a great starting point if you're committed to it
yes meditation helps massively. pretty much the only thing that gives me hope
http://www.audiodharma.org/series/1/talk/1762/
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.