[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>"i've felt sad and lonely for over 3 months now
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6
File: 1464910309652.jpg (72 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1464910309652.jpg
72 KB, 640x640
>"i've felt sad and lonely for over 3 months now ;_;"
>"i have CLINICAL DEPRESSION"

Can we fucking stop this meme? No wonder there are so many normals on this board that don't believe in depression. Having actual depression takes every ounce of life out of you. You have no drive, no passion, no willpower. You're not sad when you have depression, you're empty and emotionless. When you have depression, you're not directionless, you're flat out hopeless.

Teen angst fags pls leave.
>>
>>30018697
My only problem with those shitters pretending to be depressed because they got an F on exam and they feel sad about it is the fact that real depressed people get thrown in the same bag with them.

t. totally not depressed piece of shit
>>
>>30018888
Not to mention 'lel xD depression is fake, made up by lazy shits'
>>
>feel numb and hopeless most of the time
>don't get any pleasure or meaning out of the same old things anymore; keep doing them anyway in the hopes that I will
>feel high when I find a new song that makes me feel alive; feel like the ground beneath me is giving way when it stops working
>brain lost in a fog, hard to string thoughts together, don't really give a fuck about taking care of myself or what people think of me or if I'm living in squalor
>live for the single chuckle or fleeting moment of pain or sadness I might be able to eke out of any given day
>at best, feel blue and grieved and wistful most of the time, try to tread water and stay in that state when I get there, sink again when I fall asleep and wake up at the bottom of the ocean
>at worst, feel nothing at all except bad that I feel nothing; everything looks, sounds, smells, tastes, and feels grey and numb; hurt myself and do stupid shit to feel alive if I can drag myself out of bed and feeling like I neither want to live nor to die, having lost a spark even more intrinsic and vital than "happiness"
>smile, go through the motions, help people, work hard, share nonexistent cheer, and speak kind words even though I feel like a zombie
>try to make the most of those days where I feel manic and get as much done as possible before it fades
>latch on to feeling blue, anxious, angry, spiteful, or afraid when that's all I can feel because it's better than nothing
>suicidal ideation constantly as far back as I can remember, even as a very young kid; never opened up or sought help, fucking astounded that I've dragged myself this far as broken and weak as I am
>try to build good habits so that I keep doing what I believe in even when I'm a zombie
>try to help others because they can feel things and I can't, and to give meaning to my existence
>feel sad, blue, nostalgic, pained, grieved, and wistful upwards of 80% of the time when I'm doing well, and that's my "balance"

LOL EVERYBODY GETS SAD SOMETIMZ
>>
>>30019314
Dude, you just want to feel sad. Just change the way you think!
>>
File: 1468300097495.jpg (132 KB, 338x485) Image search: [Google]
1468300097495.jpg
132 KB, 338x485
>>30019955
I earnestly can't tell if you're being sarcastic, or trolling, or what.

I do like feeling happy when I feel it, and I fucking love laughter. It's one of life's saving graces. It's just that, on a good day, my emotional spectrum is like 80/20 sad-happy, and that's honestly okay with me. It's not like you have to be "happy" all the time, anyway, and I think society is worse off because we treat sadness like a disease. I don't necessarily want to feel sad as much as I do appreciate the negative emotions that most people think are bad, and I appreciate them because I've lost them before.

And in any case, it would make no sense that wanting to feel sad would make me depressed. Depression isn't sadness. Sadness is the blues and tears and grief, and all of that is intensely meaningful and vibrant. Depression isn't that, and I definitely don't want to be depressed.
>>
>>30020120
I'm just quoting things people said to me when i opened up how i feel. It was not very plesant. I stopped talking about it to anyone by now.
>>
>>30020120
>>30020203
basically everybody around me implies its my choice that i feel pretty close to what you posted.
>>
>>30020203
Ah.

In my experience, most people are shockingly similar in condition, and only "get" each other by merit of their similarities. They're gonna offer you a "normie" solution. I feel ya on opening up being pointless.

I don't want to offer you platitudes or give advice you didn't ask for. Just know that you're, at the very least, not the only one who knows what horseshit that is.

>>30020279
Well, they can fuck themselves to death with a white-hot knife, can't they?
>>
>>30018697
i don't understand the "emptyness"
maybe i'm not depressed
regardless, i'm not going to live thru college

;^)
>>
>>30019314
This resonates with me perfectly, except the suicide part. The worst part is seeing the kind of person you used to be, but knowing you'll never be that guy again, the funny guy, the clever one. I find myself trying to remember common words, flounder while trying to describe super easy concepts, and my memory has gone to shit, since i dont care about anything anymore, except doing the bare minimum to survive, mostly on autopilot.
>>
>>30020316
Yea. It hurt me the most that one person i always depended on listening me out and i thought would understand basically shut me off. "everybody has their problems, deal with it". It hurts when its said by somone you looked up and its your family.

And i dont blame them, its hard to understand without experiencing it. It just hurt alot.
>>
It is getting pretty trivialised now.
>celebrity fucks friend's wife
>issues a statement to say theyre suffering from mental health problems and are entitled to wait while the heat dies down

>people who post on social media about having depression just to be garnered with sympathy

>people who feel guilty, regretful, shameful over something wrong they did are now depressed
>>
>>30020438
Watch out so you're not whining. No one can be sympathetic to your problems forever. The more often you're trying to garner attention and sympathy, the less people will care.
>>
>>30020842
Thats the thing. I never whined and complained. They kept insising on opening up because noticed something is wrong. So i eventually did. And then it backfired. I was in a moment of looking for a job and felt a need to talk to somone. Just say that i feel anxious and not sure how it will go. Response was very surprising. I did not even look for solutions or advices, just talk.
>>
File: 6246246246.jpg (30 KB, 400x384) Image search: [Google]
6246246246.jpg
30 KB, 400x384
But depression as an illness isn't real

People can get depressed fro a lot of reasons.
Normie depression is caused by poor diet and lack of exercise.
Robot depression is caused by prolonged social isolation, which is more intense and harder to fix.

Depression always has an outside. But nobody gets depressed from a magical, mystical chemical imbalance that no scientist can measure.

"muh chemical imbalance" came from the monoamine theory of depression that was formulated in the 70's and hasn't been challenged since.

If you're a fucking normie that has friends and girlfriends and you expect me to feel sorry for you because you are complaining that your life is just as bad as robots, then you're out of luck.
Don't give me that "real depression has no outside cause" horseshit.

Stop treating depression as a disease that anyone can get. It helps no one. Depression isn't an illness, it's a fucking side effect of being isolated
>>
File: 1449634006185.gif (612 KB, 189x200) Image search: [Google]
1449634006185.gif
612 KB, 189x200
>>30021403
>i am mentally retarded but i am confident enough in my intellectual prowess to express my opinions online
>>
>>30021541

How am I wrong, champ?

I bet you're one of those normies that hold on to muh depression for sympathy points even though everything is going well in their lives.

Did I call you out?
>>
>>30021660
>Did I call you out?
No, you're not even close, and are making yourself look even more retarded. Congratulations.
>>
File: Unbenannt.png (446 KB, 1021x615) Image search: [Google]
Unbenannt.png
446 KB, 1021x615
pic related
depression and social anxiety are a meme now
>xDDD I am so depressed
>totally me when I am in club and I am full social anxious XDDDD
if you have it for real you get thrown in the same boat as stacy with her "depression" because chad left her
>>
>>30022227
I actually bought and wore that shirt around. fuck my life
>>
>>30019314
Stop moping about and spend more time on self-care, do things that love/passions.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.