[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 8
File: pepethefrog.jpg (28 KB, 975x600) Image search: [Google]
pepethefrog.jpg
28 KB, 975x600
How come normies have no real sense of introspection or self-awareness?
>>
Because that is a result of their normalfag status

Some normals will spend their entire lives searching for understanding that robots inherently had all along.
>>
Because once you gain those you become depressed (I mean actually depressed not meme depressed) and begin behaviors such as self imposed social isolation.
>>
>>30017322
because unlike robots they have empathy and courage.
>>
File: 1464074476391.jpg (16 KB, 251x300) Image search: [Google]
1464074476391.jpg
16 KB, 251x300
>>30017322
Only a small number reflect and live the life of the mind, anon.
It is for you that all the great men of history wrote.
>>
they don't need it since their social group will just mental gymnastics anything they do as OK depending on how high they are in the social hierarchy

they're not human
>>
They do, they watched the same homosexual shit you did to learn introspection, they just don't cling to it when its worthless in the real world, theyre bright enough to realize enlightenment is a meme.

Doers not thinkers make the world work.
>>
File: 1465265121404.jpg (151 KB, 723x989) Image search: [Google]
1465265121404.jpg
151 KB, 723x989
>>30017398
>runs around listening to the voices in his head
>thinks they are "him"
>can't stand being alone without people to validate his ego
"Enjoy" samsara normie.
>>
>>30017398
>They do, they watched the same homosexual shit you did to learn introspection

Elaborate? I'm not disagreeing with you, I'm just a bit confused by what you mean here.
>>
>>30017439
They will be introspective and self aware at some points in their life, everyone has been, however there is more worth is being boisterous rather than thoughtful in most social situations.

People are smarter than we give them credit for, we all share the same roots but not the same reasons.

A person completely lacking self awareness is just a cartoonish characterization.

Maybe you've seen people act that way at one point in a specific moment of time in their life, but they have just as many hours of brain time as you do, reflection and introspection will pass through for consideration at some point.
>>
File: i hate my mom.jpg (17 KB, 350x464) Image search: [Google]
i hate my mom.jpg
17 KB, 350x464
>>30017733
this is true, some are not mature, but alot of normies are like you explained.
its sad that im still here.
>>
>>30017733
This is wrong. There is a natural aristocracy. Most people have thick skulls.
>>
>>30017815
or really not, you see its hard to know what others know.
>>
>>30017733

Even if that's true it's obvious that not everyone is equal.

As in most people reject introspection and self-awareness as intrusive or frightening without seeing the inherent value those thoughts have in enabling self-improvement.

And others really are just plain dumb
>>
Because they don't need it.
>>30017358
>empathy and courage
Understanding those like yourself and who you favor is not empathy. Doing what is expected of you is not courage.
>>
>>30017871
>>30018010
You guys are just being dismissive.

Im going to make a shit analogy now because I can think of anything else.

It's like a fedora being utterly perplexed at how people can be so retarded as to believe in a sky fairy. They don't pause to think of the lifetime of experiences that led a person to reject their doubts and believe.

The fedora might argue that these blind idiots never noticed the blatant absurdities and inconsistencies in their scripture and then go on to tell them about how god kills children with bears and some undergraduate knowledge of science before tipping their hat and being on their way.
>>
>>30018152

And some people are incapable or unwilling to think critically about things like the validity or logic of their religion, and selectively choose which experiences to attribute to the existence of a deity. You give people as a whole too much credit
>>
File: wpsmh.jpg (137 KB, 625x513) Image search: [Google]
wpsmh.jpg
137 KB, 625x513
>>30017322
They'd fare much better than the average robot in this sort of stuff if they had more time and less obligations like the average NEET does.
If they simply woke up at 12am (even during weekdays), did nothing all day, and went to sleep by 5am, they would spend every waking minute wondering about this sort of stuff which the NEET only worries about for a couple hours a day in-between jacking off, anime and vidya.
>>
>>30018316
I've heard that before but i've never met one.
People always have a reason.

Anyway I just watched some sandnigger videos and your opinion sounds better right now.
>>
Normies don't see the "black" area we see.

We see;
1. The Black Area of life
2. The Black and Gray Area
3. The White Area we will never hope to see in a human life.

In short, we know too much to care anymore
>>
File: 1468440509421.jpg (111 KB, 679x960) Image search: [Google]
1468440509421.jpg
111 KB, 679x960
because they base their self worth on how others view them. also, they are religious because it 1. gives them a sense of belonging 2. they do it cause letting their mind drown in that opiate of excuses and expansions for the fact evil behavior exists

normies are completely reliant on each other for their self worth
>>
>>30017733
thisity this this
>>
Most people are sensors

They can't really comprehend intangible things

Dreams, ideas, etc mean nothing to them
>>
>>30017427
PLZZZZZZ spread more buddhist memes. That shit is a perfect solution for robot anguish (and I don't go on here enough to do it myself).
>>
Do normies often think about their childhoods and the peaceful atmospheres of them? Always wondered this.
>>
File: 1468480908370.jpg (290 KB, 1275x1920) Image search: [Google]
1468480908370.jpg
290 KB, 1275x1920
On the contrary, robots tend to lack self-awareness to a much sharper degree.

Robots cocoon themselves from social interaction and in doing so they form their senses-of-selves by way of focusing primarily on their own unique perspectives of their selves. They ignore or invalidate what others say about them, especially harsh criticism, and in doing so they willfully perpetuate their own social clumsiness and isolation.

Self-awareness grows through learning about and taking on board other people's criticisms and perspectives of yourself from... other people (surprise surprise). In doing so you will constantly be learning different sides of yourself that you were ignorant about before (it's a fallacy to assume we know ourselves best) in how other people see you and interpret your attitude and conduct from social context to context, which can then potentially lead to adaptive behaviour in yourself if you'd like to be liked more by other people and thus become more socially successful in losing or reducing your clumsiness. If you don't pursue the growth of self-awareness with an open mind toward changing yourself then you will be ignorant of social dynamics and thus be unable to successfully adapt to them as they arise.

Sure, normies like to talk shit and say outrageous things about other people for lulz, and this tends to lead gullible robots who take themselves too seriously into assuming that normies are single-mindedly mean or stupid. But normies are successful socially because they pay attention to social dynamics beyond their own perspectives and hugboxes, which gives them the necessary insight into themselves and how the world sees their behaviour to be able to successfully adapt their behaviour in order to be liked by others.

TL;DR normies willfully grow in self-awareness because deep down they feel they deserve to be liked by others, whilst robots willfully cocoon their self-awareness because deep down they feel they don't deserve to be liked by others.
>>
>>30019446
who is that beautiful specimen
>>
>>30017322
Look into MBTI which succinctly explains these things. Essentially a couple of particularly vile and vapid personality types have evolved and thrived which in the end produces the normalfag problem.
>>
Maybe they have it but are just too occupied by work, friends and family to really look at themselves
>>
They have girlfriends to complain to
>>
>>30019446
They adapt and naturally shapeshift to fitin whatever mold they were placed in. Self-awareness is never a relevant factor there, the process is sub-conscious which is why the vast majority of normalfags are utterly atrocious at giving advice. You are right about the effects of isolation though.
>>
Normies are extroverts and base their world view on the opinions of others. They are like sheep following whatever is most popular. Our modern society is designed around these predictable sheep, and us introverts simply don't lie inside this designed path and fall right out, They're too dumb to figure us out, one day will come when we'll outsmart them, one day.
>>
File: 1468481114177.jpg (485 KB, 1280x1920) Image search: [Google]
1468481114177.jpg
485 KB, 1280x1920
>>30020326
Yeah, I'd agree that it is a subconscious process for them, only there's still a distinction I think between normies who are satisfied to "just get by" (shapeshifting, not thinking too deep, etc) and super-successful normies who are more entrepreneur-like in wheeling and dealing their way through life. The super-successful one's are the ones who will have a much higher degree of self-awareness. I'd argue that a lack of success (or whatever it is that makes you happy and fulfilled in life) is a lack of self-awareness.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.