[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
High IQ, but a very simple mind
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: tjyi.png (9 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
tjyi.png
9 KB, 800x600
My IQ was professionally tested to be 129. Which is higher than the average, though still not extraordinary.

My problem is that I still feel like a very dim-witted person. I cannot deal with a lot of different concepts at once. For instance, right now I'm in the process of applying for jobs and looking for a place to live, and the insane amount of paperwork and details I need to remember, and emails and payments, just makes my head spin. I just cannot keep track of it all, and yet the average citizen does every day.

I cannot seem to answer the most basic questions. I don't understand how my IQ was tested to be high, when it seems like my memory is bunk and I have a hard time grappling with several different things at once. And I'm curious, can anyone here relate?
>>
>>30017095
same, i was tested at 127. I assume it's because we can recognize patterns well. maybe we're the autistic-dumb type
>>
>>30017095
>something new to me is an uncomfortable process XD wow profound!

IQ just means you test well on IQ tests. i don't understand how something that took you a few hours to complete is your only achievement intellectually. nobody is concerned about your quality of life if they discuss IQ, it only measures how you solve certain types of problems and suggests a certain capacity to understand them.
>>
>>30017095
I've never taken an IQ test but I feel stupid every day. People have told me they think I'm smart but they're just saying that to make me feel better.

Most people I know seem so much smarter than myself. They have a deeper understanding of the world and they can easily make mental connections that I struggle with.
>>
>>30017095

Memory is actually linked to low intelligence, not high intelligence.
>>
>>30017549
where did you get this meme?
>>
>>30017095

I think you're a classical assburgers savant.

As to why you peeps can score so highly despite having nothing going on upstairs? Not sure, but let me just say that I don't think this counts as true, genetic intelligence. Not that I would know what that felt like (have tested IQ of 115).
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.