[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey, normie here. Just have a simple question for you guys.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: 1468716732800.jpg (46 KB, 524x526) Image search: [Google]
1468716732800.jpg
46 KB, 524x526
Hey, normie here. Just have a simple question for you guys.

Why is it that whenever I reach out and try to befriend one of you, it disgusts you? I don't get it. Is it because you feel it isn't genuine? What if I really want some robot friends?

Fully prepared to accept hate for this, I just really want to know.
>>
>>30016660
were afraid. to many bad experiences
>>
dunno who you're talking about, no one's ever tried to befriend me on here. i'm not such an extreme bot though. I imagine there's probably a lot of doubt about your sincerity, but when you've been shat on your whole life you kind of get used to it and anything else just seems like a manipulative trick.
>>
>Is it because you feel it isn't genuine?

Bingo. Because it's not.

>What if I really want some robot friends?
>What if I really want some friends I can't connect with or relate to?

OP pls. Stay on your side of the fence.
>>
>>30016731
Understandable. Fair enough.

For those of you for whom this is the case, I guess there's not much I can really do about it. Not a good idea to build a friendship with someone if the acts required to do so drag you wholly out of your comfort zone. I can accept this
>>
>>30016768
It feels genuine to me. I think everyone deserves friends at least. Whenever I see someone saying they haven't had any and that it's all they want, I kinda want to step up and be that guy.

I get why that might be rejected now that I put it that way though. No one wants to be pitied.
>>
>>30016772
It isn't that we don't think it's a good idea. It's more that we have a pathological phobia of close social interaction which inhibits our ability to reason and cripples us with anxiety. No matter how much we want to be friends, we're going to come across defensive and cold.
>>
>>30016834
>I kinda want to step up and be that guy.

You may be honest here. I'll grant you that. My response is >>30016731.

I've been given that song and dance before. I've had normies take me under their wing and try to treat me more as an equal.

Then something happens where my social ineptness comes to the surface and they suddenly decide they don't want to deal with that shit. I'm brought on over to their world only to be embarrassed and shunned back.

Again, you may be honest, but I still don't believe you.
>>
>>30016847
A lot of people I've seen on here have simply been completely rejective of any defense by a normie on their behalf, or any outreach of any kind made by one. But yeah, this makes sense too. Sort of a dissonance between what you want and what you do, followed by shame and self-hatred for not doing things differently. I get that a lot myself.
>>
>>30016874
I never wanted to bring anyone out of their own world and into my own. I just wanted to have a simple friendship between myself and the other person. It wouldn't be right to try to make you do things you don't want to do, and social ineptitude is something you have to figure out on your own, you really can't be walked through it.

Another good answer.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.