[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello, /r9k/. I started a similar thread on /g/, but I've
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 6
File: mintty_2016-07-17_14-24-35.png (102 KB, 1903x1017) Image search: [Google]
mintty_2016-07-17_14-24-35.png
102 KB, 1903x1017
Hello, /r9k/. I started a similar thread on /g/, but I've gotten no biters.
Essentially, I'm looking to make something. Anything, really, software related. What I'm looking for is people to do it with. You don't need to know how to code, but if you do, that's great. What I'm really looking for is ideas. If you've got a good idea for a piece of software, but don't possess the skills to make it on your own, then this is the thread for you. I focus primarily on web development, but I'm not strictly looking to make a website, although it would be my preference. Reply if such a partnership would be interesting to you.
>>
>>30015824
I don't understand a word you just said
>>
>>30015861
I don't have enough information based on what you just said to help you understand anything.
I guess I'll rephrase the major points for you:
1. I like coding.
2. I don't have any ideas for what to make.
3. If you have a good idea, I'll do the programming.
>>
>>30015910
Can you make a logo?
>>
>>30015824
Can you destroy my boipucci with your feminine benis
>>
>>30016040
I'm not into graphic design, but I have internet friends that are. I could ask one of them to make something for you.
>>
>>30015824
i knew this shit was going to be php just by the tone of your post. learn a proper language and framework, then look for some open source projects if you really want to collaborate. and learn to write javascript that isn't inline horseshit like that.

if you actually manage to build something in php, i'll root your server kiddo.
>>
Write an emulator. I once wrote a semi-working NES emulator that played SOME games, but never finished it. It's pretty satisfying to see your first game work, but it requires a bit of research if you're clueless about hardware, and fixing problems is absolute code hell.

Good luck.
>>
>>30016265
My javascript isn't inline... It's literally exactly the same device 4chan uses. It's referencing an external js file. But also, I don't care about the language. I've written stuff in C#, Python, Java, whatever.
>>30016384
That sounds fun, I might do that. I really want to do something original too though.
>>
>>30015824
write a plugin that pings threads for new images and downloadds them to a zip file
>>
>>30016412
>I really want to do something original too though.
Well you do have to make certain decisions when writing an emulator, that make it slightly different from other ones. It's not really original though.

Most good original ideas are kept a secret so that people can program them themselves and monetize them later I guess. I've written down dozens of half-decent ideas over the last 5 years, but I have yet to implement any of them, and I wouldn't share them with anyone.
>>
>>30016663
Kek, I'm this (>>30016666) guy and this is one of the ideas I've written down but mine is a little more expansive. It's on the top of my list to implement, but I'm too fucking lazy to start.
>>
>>30016663
There's a million 4chan thread downloading scripts already.
>>30016666
Those are some dank ass quads.
I'm not just looking for ideas right this very moment, I mean to enter a sort of partnership with someone. There would be active communication and we'd work together.
>>
>>30016732
well i couldnt find any that were convenient

>>30016706
i know that feel, i would do it myself otherwise
>>
>>30016762
>There would be active communication and we'd work together.
If I weren't such a lazy kunt I'd do it mate, but I'm afraid I would bail on you within weeks because I lose motivation pretty quickly, even on personal projects. Post your Skype if you want though, I don't really use mine but if I ever feel like it I might pop online and see about this.
>>
Do you know any artists? I have a good idea but it would require drawings as well, something I am pretty shite at.
>>
>>30017866
Meant to reply to this >>30016732

origaroo
>>
>>30015824
I've been needing to create a good character planner for Dark Souls. Interested?
>>
>>30017927
Bane of my programming existence. I can't even make a decent-looking GUI to save my life. I'd fail miserably without at least someone who knows something about colors.
>>
>>30018000
I know something about colours. What's your idea?
>>
>>30015824
giving ideas for free
nice try
>>
>>30018119
I was talking about in general. Whenever I had an idea, I'd start working on it and then botch the UI. Once I worked on a sort of Manga app for my phone, and it's just all blue because I have no clue how to actually make it presentable.

I don't have any money-making ideas I guess, sorry.

>>30018192
This. What is this, communist america?
>>
>>30015824
what languages do you know? would you be willing to learn a new language if the project was good enough?
>>
>>30016384
I want to do this can you give me some resources on how to ease into hardware programming. I'm an adept programmer and I'm trying to get better. Also it WilL look good on my resume.
>>
>>30018264
I know PHP, JS, some C# (although I'm bad at OOP, so I basically just know the syntax), Python (but I hate it), and I'm fantastic at server management. I would totally be willing to learn a new language.
>>30017990
I'm not too into video games. Doesn't sound particularly interesting to me, but elaborate a little.
>>30017866
I don't have skype. I'm thinking of starting a little IRC though. Or some other alternative that someone suggests.
>>
>>30018255
I do run into a lot of well programmed apps that have terrible design. It's just so hard to imagine that people put so much work into programming something, and then have no one use it because it looks and works so shit.
>>
>>30015824
I'll make the logo.
>>
>>30015824
I really wanted to make a visual novel style game for which I've already started doing art, but I have no knowledge of coding. If this a project on which you'd be interested in working with me, I can give you my email for further details.
>>
>>30018356
>but elaborate a little.

Basically, my idea is to make something very similar to this, but better.

https://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3

It's just one part of a bigger project I'm working on, so basically you'd be doing it for free.
>>
>>30018388
Cool. I think I'll get a little IRC set up for anyone that would like to contribute to this. Gimme a couple minutes.
>>
>>30018321
Not him but,
super basic CHIP-8 tutorial to make something fast:
http://www.multigesture.net/articles/how-to-write-an-emulator-chip-8-interpreter/

Docs on every real system:
https://github.com/Emu-Docs/Emu-Docs
>>
File: asia.png (13 KB, 766x540) Image search: [Google]
asia.png
13 KB, 766x540
>>30015824
i know a little python, buts that about it op. my idea would be a female only (or encouraged female only) image board so we dont have any women hear anymore. i have a rough idea of how to achieve this but it could take a while.
>>
>>30018479
I've already written an imageboard software from scratch.
https://github.com/4tran/VIB2
http://4tran.bid

I don't want to do that, but you're welcome to use my software, or any other imageboard software out there if you wish to pursue this on your own.
>>
You people are fucking assholes. This is the first really interesting thread in a year, and you make it right when I have to go to sleep. Fuck.

>>30018321
Not sure about resources, but here are the topics you basically have to learn:

>how a CPU works
>assembly
>write a simple interpreter
The Chip8 is perfect for this.
>the CPU of your target system
>the other peripherals of the system

If you want to go with the NES, you can get a lot of help from the NesDev forums.

>>30018366
Fucking tears me apart man. I've looked up several resources on design, but even the first page puts me to sleep. Just fuck my GUI up.

>>30018416
Depends on how advanced you want it to be. I know nothing of game programming, but I could probably make a few images appear and disappear with text overlay or whatever. Elaborate your idea, even though I probably won't be able to help you.
>>
>>30018441
Come on homie, I'm waiting. I'll probably join it in like 20 hours because sleep + work, but I'm kinda excited to talk to fellow programmerbots.
>>
>>30019042
I'll start a new thread tomorrow for you. And sorry, I got distracted. I'll do it right now.
>>
File: manza.png (2 MB, 1310x890) Image search: [Google]
manza.png
2 MB, 1310x890
>>30018970
I didn't want anything too advanced, that sounds about right. I wanted to make an Adam Lanza sim date game. Pic related, I'm working on one of the scenes right now.
>>
>>30019089
>>30019042
Okay, to this anon and all else who are interested, the irc channel is:
rizon#r9kprog
>>
OP I HAVE A FINANCIALLY PROFITABLE IDEA

Thesis: Loneliness is the dominant social ill that the app industry is attempting to overcome

Examples: Tinder, Happn, et al.

Thesis 2: Music is one of the main things that brings people together and forms bonds between hem

Solution: An app that would allow people within a pre-determined radius (10 meters or so, e.g. a train carriage or bus) to "tune in" like a radio station to the music people around them are listening to (if those people are also using the app). So girl X at one end of the carriage sees guy Y at the other end and finds him on this app and listens in (as he has allowed anybody to) to his music. She can then message him or simply "Like" his song with the pretence being that she wanted to broaden her horizons in terms of what music she listens to and the app is a great way to discover new music

It's a literal goldmine believe me. If I was autistic and / or Jewish I'd be so rich by now.

[ This Post And The Idea Contained Within It Is Copyrighted And May Not Be Reproduced Without Permission Of The Poster ]
>>
>>30019339
Cool idea, anon.
I'm gonna steal it.
>>
>>30019339
Sounds like a good idea. The only problem is that it would have to hook in on an existing app like Spotify or something. Streaming your current listenings over a mobile device is not feasible yet.
>>
>>30019339
what a great idea honestly
>>
>>30019339
Fuck, that's a good idea. Okay, I'd be down for making it. Join the IRC.
>>30019412
Or just youtube or something. It could be like a dating version of cytube.
>>
>>30019435
I'm not joining the IRC because it shows my IP address. But I would like to receive a percentage (over 15%) for posting it please. Thank you.
>>
>>30019481
How do I give you the money if I don't know who you are? Just email me at [email protected] and we can figure something out.
>>
>>30015824
>Solve all Project Euler problems in every programming language you know.
>Make a script to download all images of a thread, and that keeps waiting for new posts and saving images until it 404's
>Make a "led clock", a strip of leds that spin and turns on and off forming a clock with persistence of vision.
>Define your own programming language and make a compiler/interpreter for it
>Make a compiler/interpreter for a language that already exists
>Design a processor architecture and implement it. Then make a C compiler for it.
First ideas that came to mind.
>>
>>30019526
How long will it take to develop?
>>
>>30019537
>Solve all project euler problems
Fuck, I love those, but that would literally take years.
>>30019597
I dunno. I made the imageboard software in a couple weeks. But since I'll be making an app for this, and I have no idea how to do that, it could take much longer. I'll need to find a cross-platform framework, first. Then I'll need to learn whatever language it uses. And so on. Might take a while, unless someone who already knows this kind of stuff helps me.
>>
>>30015824
A tool that allows you to subscribe to youtube channels without actually using youtube/subscribing.

By that I mean basically an external website that works like the https://www.youtube.com/feed/subscriptions link only that you're not using google but the site/tool would inform you about new uploads.
>>
>>30019705
But, for what purpose? Just to spite google? I mean, it seems easy enough, I just don't see the point.
>>
>>30019705
You should also be able to sort your subscriptions into groups.

Like I have a set of cooking channels I'm subscribed to and a set of gaming channels and a set of /pol/-tier channels. I want to check each category individually since I'm not always interested in watching cooking videos so I just want to see the uploads by channels I sorted into other categories.

Does what I'm saying make sense?

inb4 successful service spawns out of my idea and I won't ever have anyone believe that it was my idea.
>>
>>30019742
So the government can't track you, obviously.
>>
>>30019742
to spite google and I want the ability to create groups as descibe here:
>>30019757
>>
File: 20160717_180618-1.jpg (380 KB, 801x806) Image search: [Google]
20160717_180618-1.jpg
380 KB, 801x806
Here is a free game idea:

ZOMBIE DENTIST. You are a dentist that must perform dental procedures on zombies. Everything is the same as a regular dentist's office except the patient's chair would also have zombie restraints (body straps, head vice) that could be upgraded through missions. Imagine a less spazzy Surgeon Simulator with a tech tree. The game would serve as an educational tool on dental care as you perform tasks ranging from teeth cleaning to multiple root canals and installing braces.

Here you go, be sure to remember me when your game makes millions on Steam.
>>
>>30019757
Yeah, that makes sense. I like that idea too. Come join the IRC, we can discuss it further.
>>
I do artwork and stuff in photoshop if anyone wants gui stuff or anything
>>
>>30019435
Ok. So instead of streaming current music, it just checks the name of the song you're currently listening to and then sends it out to people in a 10 meter radius of you. Then the others have the option to open the song in youtube, spotify, w/e. Still requires people to have their GPS turned on, but it's better than streaming actual songs.
>>
In the past I tried to team up with people from the Internet to make shit (either for fun or profit) and all of them were useless. Partnerships that are formed entirely online just won't work, especially not with the people from here. It's the people who lurk image boards that are fucking lazy, immature, and largely useless who don't want to put any risk or work into something that doesn't immediately pay them for it.

Even when I've spoon fed people from here business ideas where I already had customers who wanted to buy shit in an industry that was exploding -- nobody wanted to do anything. They all just sat around expecting for something to magically happen by itself and I ended up doing everything like always. The worst part is people will bullshit you right to the end "Yeah man, we should do [...]" and never come clean.

Result:
Multiple 100k + contracts -- the bulk of which I can't fucking do on my own.

Outcome:
Respect lost for most people. Realization that productive partnerships are a rare thing.

The truth is -- business is fucking easy. I can go out there right now and do enough marketing to land a 10k+ - 200k+ programming contract on the fucking spot. The problem is that doesn't scale and I can't be doing all that work on my own. So I decided just to go back to consulting. If everyone else is useless I might as well scale back my ambitions and go back to 9-5. I have no friends IRL who are qualified and no access to investors. All I needed to find was at least one other person who was motivated but obviously no business relationship will work on fucking 4chan. You need people in real life who are 100% on the same page and aren't bullshitting you on the off-chance you'll make them money.

My advice to OP is to forget about it. Otherwise checkout open source -- it seems more what you're looking for.
>>
>>30019942
>sends it out

NO NO NO. I'm the person who originally posted the idea.

Nobody wants to seem like they are actively looking for a date.

It must all be subtle and there should be a pretence for communicating with somebody and listening to their song.

The most obvious is someone bored on the train and looking at the songs playing around them and just """happening""" to be curious about the song of hot guy X a few seats down. It's not them being weird and creeping on them, it's just a subtly sign that they are EXPERIENCING A SHARED EXPERIENCE THAT THEY ARE BOTH CONSENTING TO.

Honestly I'm suicidally lonely but also very self-aware and I could think of several of these ideas that would all make millions if implemented according to my strict vision.
>>
>>30020232
Yeah I got your idea, I was just translating it into a programming-oriented concept of how it would work. The "sending out" all happens behind the scenes.
>>
>>30020232
I'm not sure what you mean anon. Could you join the IRC?
>>
>>30020274
And also the name should be some sort of tribute / reference to radio stations, but whereas radio stations of old were things that one or two individuals hosted with thousands of listeners, now there are thousands of houses but one or two listeners. As with TV dying and being replaced with Youtube channels wherein the shows are created by individuals, so to with these radio stations. It's late so I can't think of a name right now but if you post a thread the same time tomorrow with the same image I should see it.
>>
>>30020190
I have had similar experiences to you, but I have also had experiences where there are incredibly able and hard working people on projects with me. I think it's worth a shot.
>>
>>30020359
I'll join tomorrow if you post another thread around the same time.
>>
File: image.jpg (94 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
94 KB, 1024x768
>>30016412
Write a Genesis emulator that either uses wasd and oi p or arrows and zxc control shuts off my computer GROOOOOOOOO
>>
>>30016732
If that's the case, I'm an animator and fghting games are fun as fuck
>>
An app for steam that you can use to manage alternate accounts without having to memorize all the passwords/ account names
>>
>>30020614
I tried my hand in game dev. once. I never managed to go anywhere with it. I might be willing to try again. Join the irc: rizon#r9kprog
>>
>>30020642
How many alternate accounts could you possibly need? What do you use them for?
>>
>>30020662
csgay players can have like 30
>>
>>30015824
Some software that can analyze a picture of my shit and tell me if the blood in it is healthy or if I should go back to the hospital would be great
>>
>>30020642
Hmm, so like steam profiles? That's actually a good idea too.
>>30020662
Hacking games can be fun, but you never want to use your main account for that because vac. I also have friend that have several accounts for different types of games and shit, which I don't see the point of, but I know some people do it.
>>
>>30020703
Yeah it's an idea i've had for a while
but I cant code so go bananas.

I'm sure it'll spread quickly if it gets picked up by streamers
>>
>>30015824
This the nigga from /b/ who wants to code 1000 drones to explode on Islam
>>
>>30020694
if ( poop == "bright red" ) {
echo "Looks good senpai!";
} else if ( poop == "dark red" || "black" ) {
echo "Dead within 24 hours senpai...";
} else {
echo "Please defecate *inside* the bowl senpai.";
}
>>
>>30020650
Alright senpai,
All I have is a pixelated .gif of a clown and another of Deadeye joe doing the eye thing so that's not really representative of my skill level

I also make music but I'm a better animator than composer
>>
>>30020754
Well I can also log the amount of times I pee and for how long to know if I have diabetes yet
>>
PHP is too much of a pain to me. I prefer Python
>>
>>30020748
What? Link?
this is original as fuck
>>
Deadeye, we're not dead, you have to wait more than a few seconds before giving up. Come back to the irc.
Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.