[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else's parents actually use a good boy points system?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: 58bff52b5.jpg (108 KB, 710x592) Image search: [Google]
58bff52b5.jpg
108 KB, 710x592
Anyone else's parents actually use a good boy points system?
>>
>>30015775
My mom used to pay me when I got good grades
>>
What, you mean an allowance? That's typical white people things.
>>
File: worth it.jpg (28 KB, 250x249) Image search: [Google]
worth it.jpg
28 KB, 250x249
when the gameboy color came out my parents were sick of me pissing on the toilet seat all the time so they made a chart called my "peepee chart" where everytime i went peepee and made it in the toilet i would get a sticker that got me closer to getting a gameboy color.
>>
>>30015813
I had this but it was just for good behaviour
If I got like 10 in a row they'd take me down to this little toy shop in the village centre and buy me something small.
How time flies...
>>
Like most other real robots, and most of these r9k memes that arent just funposts, sort of.

They weren't called gbp, but I would get points for food if I did chores like a good boy.

The truth is a little blander and sadder than the exaggeration.
>>
>>30015834
i don't have any formal system. i always thought robots were satirizing the reality i live with.

>live with mother
>she understands i'm a retard so things go kind of okay even though she nags all the time and she kind of hates me
>when i let things get too disgusting, she starts getting angry and screaming at me all the time about how i'm worthless and lazy
>i hide in my room or argue with her but feel too bad to actually do anything
>she gets fed up and says she won't do anything for me anymore if i don't help out
>i can't go outside and i can't take the screaming any more so
>i finally have to get it together and help out some
>she's happy and treats me okay for a few days, sometimes doing something nice for me, sometimes just not being mean
>rinse and repeat

yes, it is sadder than the exaggeration which is why i love the exaggeration so much.
>>
>>30015808
Allowance is a good thing. It teaches kids how to save instead of wasting their money.
>>
>>30015775
Yes.

I work for them and they give me money.
>>
If you're over 12, then you shouldn't have that sort of system
>>
>>30016153
If you believe this, then you shouldn't be posting on r9k
>>
>>30015775
I had one for a few months when I was 10. They weren't called good boy points but "pluses". Each time I behaved well in a bad situation, I got one "plus". If I got 10 "pluses", my parents would buy me something nice.
>>
For two weeks. No chicken tendies as rewards, only Super Mario.
>>
>>30015775
My mom literally did this when I was a kid. I got a shekel for every day I didn't cause trouble. Not causing trouble was harder than it sounds though.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.