[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Life feels like a dream
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: 20140402041845a0dqzplj0o7zzk1a.jpg (68 KB, 980x651) Image search: [Google]
20140402041845a0dqzplj0o7zzk1a.jpg
68 KB, 980x651
I used to experience times when life felt like a dream I had no control over. It felt bad but it was mostly harmless. However lately I've been experiencing it more and harder. I just came home from vacation and when i woke up from sleep everything felt 100% automatic and I was very scared so I shouted to know that I was in control but the shout didnt feel real either
Any robots in these situations? how do you deal with it?
>>
iktf

sometimes I think this world is just an ilusion and i push it to the limit, trying to kill myself to confirm it.
>>
>>30015558
Disassociation is very disturbing.

Sometimes I feel like I'm not even me. I coped by daydreaming, as it affirms that I am a human being with likes and dislikes.

Honestly, I don't have any interest in anything. Life is becoming more and more dreamlike.

Really. I have no original opinions of anything. I just copy them. I'm just a mishmash of unpopular beliefs made by other people.

I only started having opinions when I started browsing 4chan, and I know it sounds ridiculous, but it's surprisingly comforting.

I don't what you guys are experiencing, but pretty sure my depersonalization is going to be more intense a few months soon.

I haven't experienced derealization, except for sounds. When I try to silence my thoughts, reality becomes stranger with its sounds.
>>
>>30015830
It's getting to the point where I doubt other human beings exist. I'm starting to doubt that anything outside of my 5 senses, thoughts, and memories exist.
>>
File: tumblr_nivdbdW9b71rom3xuo1_500.jpg (71 KB, 480x540) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nivdbdW9b71rom3xuo1_500.jpg
71 KB, 480x540
>>30015558
>>30015596
>>30015830
>>30015909

This isnt real ? What the fuck is real ? How do you define real ? If you are talking about what you think.See what you think, Smell, taste. Seeing the real is simply electrical signals intoned by your brain.
>>
You're on the verge of awakening. Wait for us.
>>
>>30016111
I'm more philosophically inclined. Science is only a concept in our brains too.

Consciousness is pretty spooky famalan. Honestly, science is just too, uh, incompatible with consciousness, at least until science can read actual thoughts from the brain.

Yeah yeah, brain waves, empirical bananas. Those stuff. But whose to say that our mind is NOT our brain.

Science assumes that our consciousness comes from our brain. That we are reducible to a bunch of complex chemicals. I mean, psychologists actually consider their patients people, but psychiatrists see walking brains in a vat without their proper medicines.

Death is honestly the only way to know.

How can we know that science is not our imagination getting to us again? I'm not saying it's incorrect. Science is pretty fucking cool desu.

Science is shit at quantifying consciousness, and probably will be at least for several million (billion?) years.

Consider a famous celebrity. While he was being interviewed. Suddenly, he inexplicably gets replaced physically by an exact duplicate, except that this duplicate is a p-zombie who can exactly emulate how that person acts. A p-zombie acts like a human, but simply as no consciousness of its own. How would you know the real celebrity from the fake one?
>>
File: tumblr_nc9pnuW6d71ti8lkmo1_500.jpg (206 KB, 426x600) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nc9pnuW6d71ti8lkmo1_500.jpg
206 KB, 426x600
>>30016411
Thanks anon for your post
I would try death to confirm something atleast. But you know how complicated it is to go back from death to alive with fully normal consciousness
>>
it is a dream. that's why its so silly to be afraid or disturbed. nothing can hurt you, just relax
>>
Its called depersonalization/derealization and I had a super difficult time with it to the point I was thinking of suicide 'cause it scared me so bad. Its something to do with your brains coping mechanism for stress, but I get it for no reason sometimes. I dont really give a shit about it now, and then it sort of goes away, or I dont notice its there at least. You can ponder over all conspiracy theories, existential thinking, and other such things, but its ultimately pointless as you will never get any answers.
>>
>>30016645
Honestly, yeah. I'm just scared that supernatural things will start to happen when I'm disassociated.
>>
>>30016411
Most of those scientists who think consciousness is physically reducible would argue against the possibility of a p-zombie, since the physical conditions which give rise to such complex behaviour also give rise to consciousness.
>>
>>30016976
Because none of these things has happened to me yet, I don't want to induce lucid nightmares.

God, I thought I was the only one with these thoughts. At least there are a few here beyond losers, becoming empty automatons incapable of making original thoughts, slowly being disassociated from their surronpundings, not caring about anything, in general.
>>
>>30016998
Honestly, I've stopped caring about what I really am anymore. I don't care. Yeah, I guess my argument is incorrect because of the assumption of mind-body duality. Yeah, sure. You win.

I just want to feel like a real human being. With actual feelings. I want to stop feeling so out of touch.
>>
>>30015558
I see threads like this all the time on this board, and other websites where a large portion of the posters depressed. I believe that depersonalization and derealization is a symptom of depression much like that other poster said its a coping mechanism to stress. It sure is scary but there's nothing to fear, everything is actually alright and once you start to recover mentally it should start to go away.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.