[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 100
Thread images: 18
File: whatthefuck.jpg (105 KB, 1160x800) Image search: [Google]
whatthefuck.jpg
105 KB, 1160x800
are you fucking kidding me?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrzPmUlSCHQ
>>
>>30014936
What do you robots know about depression anyways? You don't even leave your room. I spent 3 days not going to party's because stacey broke up with me, how could you possibly know what loneliness feels like
>>
>>30014936
>diagnosed with depression

WAT
A
T

if you're too stupid to figure something like that out yourself you should immediatly end your life.

video summed up: normie almost chad talks about his bad day
>>
>>30014936
I haven't seen the video but I'm assuming that you're upset because he is attractive and claiming to be depressed. Depression is a chemical inbalance in the brain. Literally anyone can be depressed, it doesn't matter what they look like.

Depression is not your secret club.
>>
>>30014936
Just because you're a depressed retard doesn't mean that more normal people can't be depressed. It's literally called the common cold of mental illness.
>>
>>30014994
>Normie realizes negative emotions are a thing after 23 years of life
Wow, I should make a video about this, people should know its possible to feel bad
>>
>>30014995
>Depression is a chemical inbalance in the brain.

Literally meme science cooked up for the sole purpose of "correcting" that "imbalance," by selling you drugs.
>>
>>30014936
trying too hard to fit in. try lurking a bit more
>>
Might be legit. I know I don't have "depression". I'm miserable because my life has gone to shit but I know I'd be okay otherwise.
>>
>>30015028
Hey look guys! The conspiratards are here!
>>
>>30014936
Never met or seen anyone with that type of accent who im able to take seriously. Stupid as shit
>>
>>30015028
>meme science
Do you just attach the word meme to anything you dislike or disbelieve?
>>
>>30015028

>This doesn't comply with my autistic worldview where people like me can have depression
>therefore it is meme science

kys
>>
Thats total bullshit. This guy is just a crook.
He is having one bad day in 364 others and then he declares him self depressed.
Fuck this people.
Try being depressed as me not going months on end from your home or meeting anybody because you feel like shit. Plus mix that with bad social skills amd parents you get suicide recipe
>>
>>30015051
There is literally zero real science that pills-for-life is a necessary treatment for depression.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jyY6rqP_3Q
>>
When did depression become some bizarre staus symbol for normies?

This is fucking weird.
>>
>>30015028
somebody hasn't been performing experiments on themselves eating healthy and going outside one year, and eating junk food and staying inside all day to jerk off until your dick bleeds the next. serotonin imbalance is real and will fuck up your sleep cycle and ruin your ability to feel happiness. dopamine bursts create happiness. are you contending that these things are conspiracies instituted by the jews?
>>
File: ^).gif (2 MB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
^).gif
2 MB, 500x500
>>30015028
>meme science
>meme
>>
>>30015076
>Try being depressed as me not going months on end from your ho
boo hoo
>>
>>30015081
>For Life
Jesus, you have no idea what an anti-depressant prescprition is like, do you?
>>
>>30014965
>>30014995
>>30015016
>>30015036
cant tell if taking the bait or bait
>>
>>30015085
good goy, keep swallowing those pills that make you happy. i don't want you to think too hard about stuff.
>>
File: 0905 - 9AaUuVJ.jpg (28 KB, 316x202) Image search: [Google]
0905 - 9AaUuVJ.jpg
28 KB, 316x202
>tfw had genuine depression
>tfw I never tell anyone since it sounds cringy as I associate it with the normie "Stacy hasn't messaged me in 5 seconds xDDDDD" version
>>
>>30015066
There's lots of educated, professional people who disagree with the interrelated institutions of psychiatry and big pharma. Unlike you I'm actually not just pulling this opinion out of my ass.
>>
>>30015028
While "a chemical imbalance" is a bit over-simplified, you're still a retarded conspiracist
>>
>>30015111
What? He didn't say anything about pills tho...
>>
>>30015126

Depression can be caused by chemical imbalance in the brain though. Fact.

What is your proposition?
>>
I love listening to British people speak, there's something just comfy about it. Depression is a meme, doctors diagnose everyone with depression just so they can shill pills. I fell for the shill not once, twice but thrice. All the pills did was give me even lower libido and brain zaps. I'm not depressed, I'm just really fucking lazy.
>>
>>30015103
Nope, not gonna pussyfoot the issue like that.

If knocking back synthetic drugs for 3 months doesn't "cure" you of your whatever, then what do you think they're going to do? Say "oh well we tried nothing we can do"? No. They're going to advise you stay on drugs. Eventually that "advice" will have legal clout, also.

Psychiatrists will blow out your liver and have you pay them $200 a month to do it, too. It's a crooked institution. Focus on realistic therapy and psychological rehabilitation. Drugs aren't the answer to mental health, they're just (usually) a sleazy, dirty way to exploit unstable people for money.
>>
File: image.jpg (54 KB, 518x589) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
54 KB, 518x589
How do you even feel comfortable telling someone you have depression? Thats the last thing Id want anybody to know
>>
>>30015200
want me to vocaroo anything?
>>
>>30015206
pshhht, normie does not want your reasonable thoughts.

>hey guys and gals, i have a doctor tell me i am depressed xxxxxxxDDDDDDDDDDD
>fo reals tho, depression is bad mkay
>i'm going to fuck stacey tomorrow so bye gals
>>
>>30015173
>Depression can be caused by chemical imbalance in the brain though.
>can be

In 99% of cases, there is nothing "wrong" with your brain. Your brain isn't "broken," and it doesn't need drugs to "work correctly."

Maybe people are depressed because life is hard, lonely, and it just sucks in general. That might have something to do with it, too. I bet alot of the nickle-an-hour laborers in the third world are depressed as hell. They could probably use some Relivia(TM).
>>
>>30015200

Will vocaroo for $1/minute of words of your choice in perfect Queen's english
>>
>>30015258

Holy shit are you retarded?

The guy in the video literally said he couldn't think of a cause of his depression. Therefore it's probably chemical imbalance. And yes, depression can be caused by chemical imbalance. I am right. If you think it can't, you are wrong, and are a fucking retard.

I'm a Psychology graduate by the way, so try me, I fucking dare you.
>>
>>30015085
>He's a tripfag that has extensive first hand experience with the institutionalized treatment mental illness

Wow I'm shocked.

But seriously, think about it. How long should you really need to be on pills to "fix your brain chemicals," as a treatment for depression? A week, maybe? Two weeks?

And then what happens when you come off the dope? You see what I'm saying. It tends to dependency, just like all mind altering drugs.
>>
>>30015302
>implying chad in the video is actually depressed
>>
>>30014936
>depression is a serotonin "imbalance" meme
HOW DO DOCTORS KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH THIS SHIT???? IF YOU HAD A SEROTONIN IMBALANCE YOU WOULD NOT BE FUCKING ALIVE REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
My face is ugly, I'm dumb, no ambition, am a NEET with poor social skills but I have a friend I hang out with on the weekend and I constantly think about killing myself from boredom and because I know that I'll never make it far in life regardless of how hard I try, but hanging out with my friend is slightly enjoyable but I still have suicidal thoughts in my mind even during hanging out with him.

But is that not depression because I may not have chemical imbalances? I mean I'm just perpetually sad because of my environment, right?
>>
>>30015258
>Maybe people are depressed because life is hard, lonely, and it just sucks in general.

How about the whole reason, mental disorders exist is because the world sucks? It's a system that keeps it itself intact.
>>
>>30015106
Even if OP is b8ing, there are people here who genuinely believe that attractive people cannot be mentally ill or truly unhappy.
>>
>>30015302

Chads can be depressed though. Life is always greener on the other side.
>>
>>30015317

Yes you would. Desensitized serotonin receptors don't kill you. Guessing you're not the brainiest of the bunch.
>>
File: 1458094709566.jpg (56 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
1458094709566.jpg
56 KB, 450x450
>>30015076
nice blog
i'm so oregano
>>
>>30015173
There isn't a shred of evidence to support it being a chemical imbalance. If there is procure it
>>
>>30015302
>I'm a Psychology graduate by the way

I was wondering why you're fighting so hard to suck Big Pharma dick. Why do you give a shit? Fuck them.

But yea, the vested interests have had a hand in writing the "scientific" (*cough* theories *cough*) you've had drilled into your head. There's exceptions, but in most cases the chemical imbalance theory is bullshit. And there is a massive, huge, multi-billion dollar industrial incentive to overprescribe.
>>
>>30015302

Yeah, bu chemical imbalance doesn#t happen through accident. Its cause the world sucks and shitty circumstances
>>
File: 1468275926137.png (75 KB, 348x301) Image search: [Google]
1468275926137.png
75 KB, 348x301
would you rather have a depression because you brain fucked up it's hormones or because your life is shit and you have legitimate reason to be depressed?
please answer
>>
>>30015318
Depression is a term that refers to a specific mental illness. You can still be unhappy while not depressed, it's just a label.
>>
>>30015370
>desensitized receptor = "imuhbalance" of its ligand
YOU CAN'T MAKE THIS SHIT UP. DOCTORS USE THIS SIMPLE TRICK TO MAKE MILLIONS! THERAPISTS ARE FURIOUS!
>>
>>30015390
>>30015404

measurably lower levels of monoamines in the bloodstreams of depressed individuals. success rates of SSRIs and tri-cyclic drugs.

>big business is involved therefore that disproves the science
>implying businesses don't make higher profit if their drug actually works
>>
>>30015062

Shit they're on to us!

It's all over now
>>
File: 45358997.jpg (70 KB, 485x371) Image search: [Google]
45358997.jpg
70 KB, 485x371
Pls gib happy pills Shekelberg-san
>>
>>30015413

Why isn't on the other the same. Chemical Imbalanace doesn't happen at birth.
>>
>>30015446

brain abnormalities can occur at any time.

Funny how people are happy to accept their body fucking up as down to science, but whenever it's the brain, the most complex and least understood organ in the body, morons come out of the woodwork saying everything is a conspiracy and pretending the brain is a perfect organ that responds solely to the environment.
>>
>>30015438
You're being a huge faggot, dude
>>
>>30015438
Borax works for a multitude of bone problems, yet they banned it because it is too effective and the long term profit wouldn't match the money they make treating those illnesses with other stuff.

google "Borax Australia", it should show you a story of a doc there who self tested it and presented his results to pharma, they silenced him with money
>>
File: god damn.jpg (44 KB, 351x440) Image search: [Google]
god damn.jpg
44 KB, 351x440
>>30014936
>mfw diagnosed with depressive episode + psychotic features
>mfw literally thought people on tv were reading my thoughts on teleprompters
>mfw chad in this video is in the midst of a psychotic break and thinks that he has actual problems
>>
>>30015479

>Bad things happen
>Therefore all drugs are meme science

Never take painkillers
>>
>>30015413
The former because it'd be better to think that something's wrong because of a chemical imbalance and not because I'm surrounded by people who make my life a living hell.
>>
>>30015443
this. it's not even remotely a conspiracy.

http://www.nimh.nih.gov/about/director/2011/antidepressants-a-complicated-picture.shtml

>>30015062
>>30015066
>>30015051
>>30015092
not one professional in this world could tell you exactly how depression works, or why anti-depressants sometimes help. attributing your entire fucking mood and perspective of the world to a fucking "imbalance" of a single molecule is as fucking stupid as calling it "possessed by demons" go eat a dick
>>
File: 435897.jpg (122 KB, 800x737) Image search: [Google]
435897.jpg
122 KB, 800x737
>>30015470
>whenever it's the brain, the most complex and least understood organ in the body
>least understood

What is understood, however, is that fairly normal psychological disorders can be used to make a huge fuckton of money by selling people drugs they don't need.

>There's no such thing as institutionalized corruption, or conflicting financial incentives! Don't listen to those Conspiracy Theorists!
>>
>get chemical imbalance sickness for no fucking reason
You STEMtards tunnelvision never seizes to amaze.
>>
>>30015525
>it's not even remotely a conspiracy.

It is because ordinary, little people are questioning the moral and scientific credibility of large, wealthy, powerful institutions of society. Therefore it is a "conspiracy theory" by definition.
>>
>>30015529
>There's no such thing as institutionalized corruption, or conflicting financial incentives

Nice strawman. Did I say that?

I hope you don't take a paracetamol or ibuprofen next time you get a headache. Remember, big pharma is using meme science to make a profit from people in pain! As if they understand the brain! Also paracetamol doesn't work for everyone, so it must be a fake drug!
>>
>>30015314
in my small experience with biology, it's a common pattern that exogenous chemicals have a bad tendency to bind to receptors in your genes, shutting down your body's ability to produce them naturally.

honestly i don't trust pharmaceuticals. mindfulness, CBT and changing your environment should come first, but our society prefers anxious, self-hating, non-questioning conformists whose prefer to fill the hole with consumption of material goods.
>>
>>30015561

>chemical imbalance
>in the least understood organ in the body

You can't be this stupid....

>get cancer for no reason
>>
>>30015106
He's a master baiter, anon come on.
>>
this is now a chad hating thread

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jv4VKpJ1Bbc

in the video: chad (grant) and cody do some science....GET OUT OF MY SCIENCE VIDEOS CHAD
>>
>>30015577
>big pharma is using meme science to make a profit from people in pain!

That is pretty much the situation exactly. Like I said, there is a massive financial incentive to overprescribe. There is a massive financial incentive to fund studies that find reasons to argue that overprescription is beneficial. Do you understand? That is what I mean by "institutional."
>>
>>30015566
>harvard medical school is ordinary, little people
>nobody questions the efficacy of drugs or how people are diagnosed except conspiracy theorists

Do you know what the FDA is?
>>
>>30015647
A bunch of fucking conspiracy theroists mate
>>
>>30015636

>moving the goalposts

My point was never that big pharma doesn't have corruption. That doesn't mean the drugs it produces are ineffectual however, they are tested to extremely high standards against placebo drugs and have adequate or high success rates
>>
>>30015647

autistic /r9k/ conspiracy meme lords who like to think their basement dwelling lives are too complex to be reduced down to a series of chemicals and neurotransmitters, whilst simultaneously being edgy atheists who attack religious people for going against science
>>
>>30014936
I was ready to reeeeeee but honestly the video isn't that bad. He focuses more on discussing what depression is rather than his experiences with it, so I can't say whether I think he has it or not, but the things he did discuss seemed accurate.
>>
>>30015680
>My point was never that big pharma doesn't have corruption.
I know, because you don't want to talk about that.

>they are tested to extremely high standards against placebo drugs and have adequate or high success rates
>extremely high standards
They are tested in limited environments which lend themselves to returning the investment pharmaceutical companies have made in research and development thus far.

They are not tested in longterm studies that compare them to numerous alternative means of treatment, like ordinary (and sober) therapy, and social/psychological rehabilitation.

>there is some corruption, but it's only a little!
It's alot, mate.
>>
>psychopharmaceuticals are a Godsend
>tobacco is a devils weeds
that's some topnotch doublethink.
>>
>>30014995
>muh chemical imbalance
No. Chemical inbalance isn't the cause, its the effect. The effect of being shat on your whole life.

>Uhhjh anyone can be depresed why dont u take it sersly?
Just shut the fuck up. Depression isn't a fucking mental illness, its a emotion. People who treat it like a mental illness are attention-whoring fucknuts.
>>
File: 1433272376243.gif (2 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1433272376243.gif
2 MB, 320x240
>>30015712
>/r9k/ is a hive mind
>>
>>30015741
>I know, because you don't want to talk about that.

The coversation was never about pharma corruption, go start a new thread if you want to talk about that. Funny how you got defeated on the whole "anti-depressants are memes" front so have tried to change the argument to "pharma is corrupt". Fuck off, dunce boy.

Drugs are tested by independent organizations, which I'm sure you will accuse of being corrupt to the core solely to fit your worldview.
>>
>>30015712
http://www.karger.com/Article/ShowPic/335523/?image=000335523-1.jpg

what is your problem senpai? it is not science to call depression a chemical imbalance. it is ironically the fedoras on this board who think everything about depression has been figured out and all of life's answers are in muh genetics and shit like that. i don't sit in a basement, i do quality control for a real drug and even in our market the biggest point is to make a living, not improving other people's lives in general.

your mentality is counter intuitive if you want any more research done on depression and actually changing how many people feel like shit about life. where we are at now is pathetic. the drugs work just like playing sports works just like meditation works, but you can't say muh imbalance and tell everyone to fuck off if something isn't working for them.
>>
>>30015774
>No. Chemical inbalance isn't the cause, its the effect. The effect of being shat on your whole life.

No, the effect is the symptoms of depression.

Chemical imbalance is not a symptom any more than a broken leg is a symptom of having a fractured limb.
>>
"mental illness" is how society deals with the fact that our society is set up in a way that's going to fuck up some people mentally, really badly.

I remember when that bald kid in Arizona shot that congresswoman, the president made a speech about it, where he said "We will never know what causes evil."

This ticked me off because it's like intentionally refusing to consider the obvious factors that would drive somebody to that extreme. He was ugly, and short, and his family probably didn't care much about him, and he didn't have any friends. Getting a job is hard, there's not enough jobs, and therapy is expensive. It's not a huge mystery.
>>
>>30015837
>equating something that can't be quantified in any regard with the clearly observable phenomenon of a broken limb

chemical imbalance doesn't mean anything to anybody. you might as well say you have "bad vibes" or "black chakra" in your blood. and you're making depression out to be some mystical, random force on the brain when it's usually just a description of your current mood. the mood might be shitty because of your quality of life or another illness, but by itself depression does nothing to your brain and even low serotonin nonsense does not always cause shitty mood.
>>
>>30015803
I know a great drug to take when you're triggered, senpai. When I'm feeling rustled by someone who disagrees with my superior opinion on 4chan, I reach for Buttsalven(TM). It really helps me calm down and stop being so angry. Be sure to ask YOUR doctor about Buttsalven(TM), and get your jimmies back in order!

*side effects may include but are not limited to: cramping bleeding unexpected fecal release cancer blindness suicidal thoughts and in some cases death*
>>
>>30015841
mental illness does exist in a lot of ways that totally fuck up your life with or without a crummy society.

the joke is that some number of businessmen and phds decided at some point that fuck it, make anything and everything a mental disorder as long as people think it's a problem. too active? mentally ill, get a drug. too slow? mentally ill, get a drug. where do you draw the line....fuck that just take these supplements and my new medication to keep you feeling normal.

we never talk about happiness being a mental illness, but feeling crappy is one that brings in tens of billions of dollars so that's legit. from a medical perspective, being too optimistic and happy could also be some fuckery in the brain.
>>
File: 423478789.jpg (207 KB, 700x911) Image search: [Google]
423478789.jpg
207 KB, 700x911
>>30016048
It's a consumer industry, yep.

Brave New World here we come
>>
File: dancing sponge.gif (699 KB, 500x295) Image search: [Google]
dancing sponge.gif
699 KB, 500x295
>>30014995
>attractive

...what
>>
File: osn.gif (560 KB, 500x295) Image search: [Google]
osn.gif
560 KB, 500x295
>>30015620
That's not funny you faggot. go to bed.
>>
he says
>most people go out and have real fun
>i go out and distract myself from negative emotions

that's called having fun you fucking twat. find out what it's like when you don't have fun and don't go out.

couldn't watch any more.
>>
File: tumblr_lyyofvpFdk1r2g7mto1_500.png (188 KB, 500x332) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lyyofvpFdk1r2g7mto1_500.png
188 KB, 500x332
>>30016108
>Enjoy a 6-piece chicken nuggets from Wendy's today!
>Now with delicious soma sauce!
>>
>>30016171
You loved it and you know it
>>
>>30016217
Yeah, depressed people stay at home and fantasize about killing themselves.
>>
File: 1466267999008.jpg (50 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1466267999008.jpg
50 KB, 400x400
>>30015051
Yes goy! You need your happy pills or life will be hard! Yes your brain is missing this vital chemical goy!
>>
>>30016314
that goy doesnt speak for me and yes i did
>>
>>30015200
>All the pills did was give me even lower libido

when you think about it, you don't want depressed, horny people with nothing to lose
>>
>>30015774
Sadness is an emotion, depression is a lot more than just that.
>>
>3 million subs
>I'm depressed teehee watch this vid

fucking normie appropriating actual problems
>>
>>30015627

guy on left is just a normie, not quite chad tier

guy on right actually seems lowkey autistic and is an absolute beta
>>
>>30015062

Have you only just noticed this about the entire site? Fucking hell, lad.
Thread replies: 100
Thread images: 18

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.