[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Life and the nature of existance
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5
File: humanitymonster.png (25 KB, 663x597) Image search: [Google]
humanitymonster.png
25 KB, 663x597
Ask questions in this thread and we will have a discussion on them. We are going to observe together, not analyze. The speaker will not tell you what to do or what to think, I will point out facts and then you can infer what you must. If no one is interested than the thread will die, it is natural.
>>
so you have nothing to say and expect us to make the thread for you?
>>
>>30013095
I can speak all I want but if nobody listens then I am just talking to myself. I can do that without posting. Look at you, counting on me to guide you through your own thoughts. That is not what I am here to do.

If you want a place to start, I could ask "Is it correct to stand for an idea?" and we could discuss the nature of it. Does this topic interest you?
>>
>>30013174
Not in the slightest.
Have a gud thread bro
>>
>>30013174
Is there any meaning to life?
I don't think there is, given the vastness of the universe and the fact that we're just a cosmic spec floating around other cosmic specs.
>>
>>30013239
Before we can ask the meaning, we have to ask what is life. Is life consciousness? Consciousness is the struggle of an existence to survive. Your thoughts and feelings, all that you are, are processes to ensure your own survival. This can take many forms, for example how do you define yourself? It is the center point from which all experience is based upon. To be able to define one's self, you must interact with your environment. To find out what you like, dislike, to record memory from which future thoughts will be based upon and take into consideration.

The truth of the matter is you and I, are both on this rock in space struggling to survive. And no one has the correct way of doing that. Everyone is participating in their own struggle, but together it is a collective struggle. We all feel the same emotions even if they're brought about in different ways.

Survival does not mean your own. The irony of all this survival is one day you will die and your consciousness will come to an end. You will be free from all attachment. from all burdens and free from thought. But humanity, the collective being you belong to, will live on. If you had 100 copies of yourself, would one of them die to sustain the other 99? Is that not a way to guarantee survival, since you identify yourself with an image and you have copies of that image. The self sacrifice keeps the traits you see yourself as to keep continuing.

To know absolute truth is to free from the burdens of life. To be free from guidance, free from seeking. Because if you're always looking for something you will pick and choose what you need to get it. You are not observing as a whole, but creating division. "This is and this is not." A separation.

So my question is whether or not life has a meaning is of any importance. If you do have a meaning, you don't know it and cannot act upon it. If you don't, your life goes on unchanged.
>>
File: 1466513855627.jpg (40 KB, 300x373) Image search: [Google]
1466513855627.jpg
40 KB, 300x373
>>30013431
t. autist

Orgyman
>>
>>30014598
An autist!? On MY /r9k!????
>>
>>30014598
I wonder what the point of labeling is. When you call me a name, do you do so to identify me or to separate me? Are they not the same thing? "Us and them" Or do you do it to support your own ego, that others might agree with you and you feel security in that support. I ask this as a natural question. I do not ask you to accept what I am saying, merely to inquire into it for yourself.

Don't you want to know?
>>
>>30014710

Don't waste your time. None of these people have any idea what they're doing,perceiving your own words to be your own ego-defense. They may be right or wrong, but your gift of "awareness" and metasocial/metaemotional intelligence is lost to the majority of people no matter how hard you try to dangle it in their faces
>>
>>30014710
Respond to idiots at your own discretion. They don't add anything to the thread except nit picky bullshit.
>>
>>30013431
Life is basically the collective amount of one's thoughts and experiences, God is the early philosophers' way of explaining the term we now know as collective consciousness, and there is no real meaning to life, as we are a product of evolution and natural selection. And since there is no real meaning to it, might as well spend your life enjoying it, since it seems the only thing to do that makes sense.
>>
i have only recently realised that i'm autistic.
i use alcohol znd skunk whenever i want to pretend normien . up the millwall
>>
>>30014759
Where there is separation there is comparison. If I do not compare, how do I know? But if I did not compare, I would merely be as I am. Now is it possible to live a life without comparison?

>>30014856
If a poster is here, posting, then they have a reason for which they have posted. Such a post is an action worthy of observation. But I am not asking or forcing anyone to be here, they come of their own volition. I would ask that if this thread brings you no joy or interest, to go do something else.

>>30015001
It can be said that doing as one enjoys ensures survival. Surely if you have peace, joy, tranquility all those things promote security. But I ask you, is it possible to live a life free of struggle? A life that consists of no pain, no sorrow, no grief. If such a thing were possible, then there would have be no desire. No longing or want. No separation because where there is separation there is conflict. Just look at it, and see for yourself.

>>30015049
The speaker himself is miserable, lonely, depressed. All the things that make me a human being, which I am. But who am I? I am nobody.
>>
>>30015320
You already do know, you already are, whether you make comparisons and distinctions that everybody knows but for the most part so unimportant that nobody keeps conscious of them. You don't appear wisened and above-it-all for being able to see what you're ego can't and deciding your ego's viewpoint doesn't't matter. These observations are the same caliber as the MRAs' first steps towards "self-awareness" merely a lateral move in a more mature direction
>>
File: 1468781042887.png (763 KB, 1016x1016) Image search: [Google]
1468781042887.png
763 KB, 1016x1016
>>30013074
>existance
nooooooo
>>
>>30013431
>So my question is whether or not life has a meaning is of any importance.
it only matters whether you feel like it has a meaning.

even people who don't believe in a grand meaning (myself) have to find something to get themselves through the day and whatever works for them is "meaning." the moment someone has no meaning is the moment they commit suicide.
>>
>>30013431
I think the purpose of life should be to love others and spend time with those you care about. If you do you won't just be surviving, you'll also be enjoying your life. And by enjoy life I don't mean hedonism, since hedonism eventually leads to misery once the person has grown tired of all the cheap thrills that he or she may pursue.
>>
>>30015552
Suppose I am as I am, a human being. But I exist in a void. How can I know anything? There is no sensory input in this void from which to read off of. As soon as something, anything else exists in this void I am given insight into the nature of my own being. It is through comparison one can see where or how they are. I still am what I was, but now I am aware of it. It is once that image is created that thought begins. Our consciousness.

So I do not agree with you that I already know, I merely observed. It is fragmented. I also do not deny the presence of my own ego, where there is existence and time there is attachment. Whether they be ideas or possessions that will have association in respect to oneself. The truth is always there, always being. Free from time, as time is not a factor in truth. It is if we're talking about discovery, as discover takes time and effort.

>>30015660
So you acknowledge that to have a purpose is to have a cause. And that anything with a cause must come to an end. A being with a cause has a goal they must achieve, and once that is done what next? Nothing. Your own meaning that you have created for yourself comes from the sense of yearning you desire, but the mind in order to protect itself creates an ideal or an image and then worships that which it has created. In order to keep going. It is a trick, a survival mechanism. I hope you can see that.
>>
that's analysis, you double-nigger
>>
>>30015890
When one analyzes they deconstruct. You can analyze something until the end of time and those are just words. You can talk about something but those words are not the actual something.

When I analyze, I am seeing pieces. But when I observe, I see the whole. Pure observation has no bias or goal, it is merely showing what is. To live I must analyze, but to observe I don't have to. Do you see the difference?
>>
>life and the nature of human existence

Ok, how about something natalism-related

Why exactly do people care about the human species perpetuating? What is there to move forward to? It's not like we have anyone to impress.
>>
>>30016204
One could ask why do we do anything at all? Why do I wake up in the morning and live all day, every day?

A computer can think. Modern computers can think infinitely faster than the human brain. They solve complex calculations and multitask with incredible speed and efficiency. But the computer doesn't care. Because it is not programmed to care. It solves problems, but it has no problems. It is no different than a rock, just existing as it is.

You being human, with all the things that being human is, have feelings. These feelings help to govern your existence, that a loved one dying is unfortunate and that to be totally secure in oneself is desirable.

You can choose to die. We all can. But the moment you attempt to go through with your own death, there will always be resistance. You will second guess yourself, or perhaps your feelings will tell you to take a moment and rethink.

If you believe it is the people who care about themselves, then you are saying people take responsibility for themselves. That as people, we have chosen to exist. Have we? Or is there an outside force, an outside being that governs us to want to exist.

Why do we invent technology? Why do we explore our surroundings? It is all advancement, it is a furthering of progression with respect to time. But you say there is no end to this advancement. We just continue to perpetuate it without ever knowing why.

First, there were the autonomous systems. Such as your heart beating, or your white blood cells instinctively fighting an infection. That helped you survive. Then you had emotions, a powerful governor that helped motivate you. Then came conscious thought, the computer that solves more complex problems the previous two cannot.

So if you're asking why, it's because it is so. A part of you tells you to keep going. A part of you tells you to keep trying, with no aim or direction. But of course there is a direction, you have human desire.
>>
>>30015995

What do you call being aware of what you are observing? When you speak of the void of stimulus, do you speak of not recalling any knowledge of or attaching yourself to that which your senses bring you? A sort of conscious blankness?
>>
>>30016204
>>30016535

So to continue, why do we care? Because if we didn't we wouldn't exist at all. Then you wouldn't even be around to ask such a question. No matter what you do in life, you will die in the end. That is a finale we cannot escape, but before you do you want with every fiber of you working being not to. Death scares you, because it's the end of consciousness. It is saying goodbye to everything we have worked to attain. I would say we care because we are alive. And since we are alive, we are attributed by time. And with time comes fear. And fear is an emotion to govern your own existence. It is will that keeps us going, but where does that will come from? Is it our own or the work of an outside influence?
>>
>>30016548
Awareness is consciousness. A camera with a microphone and every sensor imaginable is an observer but it is not aware. It see's things as they are but it makes no analyses about them.

And yes, in my example I am not saying "suddenly you are transported to a void" but that the very nature of your existence is rooted in the void. What could you possibly know if nothing existed from which to compare yourself with? But awareness is thought, from thought we become aware of our thoughts but that is just another thought.
>>
File: tumblr_meoq06Dn4F1qmqkf9o1_500.jpg (42 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_meoq06Dn4F1qmqkf9o1_500.jpg
42 KB, 500x333
I would not fight to escape this man if he wanted my ass
>>
File: 1444208291081.png (822 KB, 3300x300) Image search: [Google]
1444208291081.png
822 KB, 3300x300
>>30013074
Is that the Supreme Gentleman in the pic?

Also, remember to post the BUS.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.