[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can someone explain this for non native english speakers? What
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
Can someone explain this for non native english speakers? What does Mickey mean?
>>
>>30012903
Well it's a little too deep for me as well.
>>
Donald says everything is fake - just chemicals in our brain. But he come to this conclusion with same chemicals he talks about so therefore it makes him a hypocrite. Whatcha gonna do about it?
>>
>>30012903
Everything we see/ think gets processed by the human brain. The human brain consists out of (chemical) elements. Basically if you see for example a dog, you don't directly see a dog, but the chemicals in your brain make tell you/ make you believe that you saw one.

So basically everything you observe is observed by chemicals telling you (because the stimulus goes through your brain), and not by you actually seeing it happen.

Mickey is saying that that "insight" donald stated was also thought out by your brain (which consists of chemicals) and by that not necessary true as you can't know ANYTHING for sure, because all information is processed by the (flawed) brain. She concludes that because we simply can't say if information processed by our brain is true or false, so we should just accept it as true.
>>
mickey is saying since our brain also perceives through those flawed chemicals. you can't trust your senses either
>>
>>30012903
We don't really know whether the certain chemicals, hormones or MRI recorded brain activities are directly responsible for certain brain functions and that consciousness is fully dependant on that particular factors, though. Wasn't there also an experiment with an MRI failing to correctly spot a processing core of a console and also a discovery that about 70% of all MRI data might have been incorrect?
>>
Essentially donald is saying life has no meaning. Mickey is saying he might be right but it is not an excuse to give up (perish like a dog).
>>
>>30012903
Mickey refers to the fundamental axiom of philosophy.
The very idea of knowledge is only applicable if the concept of identity exists. If something is not what it is, you cannot know what it is.
But you cannot prove that something is what it is, unless you reference the very statement itself.
Represented using mathematical notation this would be A = A.
>>
It's alright, whoever wrote that clearly wasn't an native english speaker as well. Or they were a dumb person pretending to write what they thought a smart person would speak like.
>>
>>30012903
>What does Mickey mean?
It's slang for "penis".
>>
>>30012954

that's not being hypocritical, it's literally proof that his logic is correct

and he got mickey to acknowledge it so mickey just btfo'd himself
>>
>>30014171
are you really this retarded?
gtfo dumbass
>>
>>30014256
This

>>30012903
The one of the right basically confirms what the one on the left said, and then uses an emotional appeal in the form of 'will you fight?" to convince him to do something

OP if you're interested in the matter you should read on Existentialism
>>
>>30014256
not at all. duckman say what i see is not real because is percieved through brain. mouseman say knowledge that what you see is percieved through brain is also percieved through brain and therefore as unreliable. duckman got btfo by mouseman
>>
>>30014299
Albert Camus ftw
>>
>>30014306

duckman doesn't even touch on the subject of what is real or not, just that it doesn't have any value.

mouseman indirectly agrees because he says u can't trust ur brain chemicals.

mouseman btfo
>>
>>30014306
This is the only accurate response in this thread. Duckman asserts that our perception is chemical, thus unreliable, thus nothing matters. Mouseman points out that he can not even make this assertion, as he is still relying on an unreliable source to make it, and thus his conclusions aren't neccisarily accurate either. He then calls out duckman for being a cowardly cuck
>>
>>30014343
dolans reasoning for the lack of value in things is unsensical if he doesnt imply "percieved things have no value because they dont really exist". here is why: intrinsic value is absolutely independent from us percieving or loving the things that do or domt have the intrinsic value. intrinsic value doesnt come from us having thoughts about things. it just is or is not. therefore saying that things dont have intrinsic value because our brains is illogical. EXCEPT IF he says that we cannot be sure those things even exist because our brains are not a reliable source of information. things that dont exist can never have intrinsic value. if this was implied mackis reply rekt dolan.
typed this on my phone and now my thumbs are bleeding and i have to go tho the hospital so i better get some (you)'s
>>
>>30014414

mouseman still fails to disprove the fact that nothing has any value

mouseman btfo
>>
>>30014577
he doesnt want to disprove that. he just says that you cannot prove it either so we might aswell snort coke of a hookers ass instead of being in our rooms wallowing in our depression. mouseman is a faggot though because even though i understand him and agree with him im still locked in my room thinking about this shit
>>
dont die

orginimi
>>
It's just bizzaro intellectual humour. Mickey urges Donald not to overthink the reality he is in but rather to embrace it and fight to perform his duty.
>>
File: layersofirony.jpg (38 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
layersofirony.jpg
38 KB, 720x720
just embrace the nihilism you fucking guys
>>
Mickey Mouse was originally named Steamboat Willy.
>>
is it sad that you guys in this thread are probably the closest thing to people that understand how i feel? do i sound very angsty? fuck
>>
>>30014872
he can steamboat my willy ifyouknowwhatimsayingfam
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.