[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
At what stage did you realize that 95% of your life is out of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1
File: 432432434.jpg (55 KB, 512x444) Image search: [Google]
432432434.jpg
55 KB, 512x444
At what stage did you realize that 95% of your life is out of your control/
The vast majority of your life is determined by environment, and a decent percentage by genes. what you can control usually adds up to whether or not you live a mediocre (or sub-mediocre) life or die of hunger. That is if you were lucky enough to not be born in an ultra-poor land
>>
>>30012113
>The vast majority of your life is determined by environment, and a decent percentage by genes. its the other way around
>>
>>30012113
Determinism. Nothing is in "your" control.
>>
>>30012177
a depressing reality
>>
>>30012177
not really determinism, even worse: you have control over your action, but your actions hardly effect reaity
>>
>>30012294
>>30012294
What does hardly mean ?
If i break a bottle, did i affect reality hardly ?
Or if i destroyed the sun, was it then hardly ? You see, its definition, and a definition is only in your brain. Fact is you do affect things around you, but you are just another factor that was affected by others.
>>
>>30012340
>If i break a bottle, did i affect reality hardly ?
did it make a difference in your life? is it meaningful? it's subjective, but for most people the answer is probably 'no'
>Or if i destroyed the sun
but you can't.
>>
>>30012427
Something i imagine is just as real as the atoms in front of me from a subjective standpoint.
You cant look at things subjectively to explain something.
>>
>>30012454
you can imagine whatever you want m8, reality stays the same and the sun keeps shining
>>
>>30012113
It's bullshit philosophy "nothing is in your control"

Let me fix that: nothing you want is in your control.
If you study quantum mechanics you can see that observer always has impact on things, its how world is built at its core.
>>
>>30012502
What is reality ? You can never perceive it, just a interpretation of it. The interpretation of your brain.
Something i "imagine" did exist right ? I mean, i imagined it. So it did. Was it real ? Yes. Reality.
>>
>>30012505
>If you study quantum mechanics
And by that you mean "if you watch that one dr quantum video on youtube"

oh wait this is bait
>>
>>30012113
This was a bad ass game you little underaged bitch
>>
>>30012505
>Let me fix that: nothing you want is in your control.
well, yes. everything else literally does not matter
>>30012590
get out /v/ scum
>>
>>30012505
>>30012542
I swear, everytime someone says "an observer" and "quantum mechanics" in the same sentence you know exactly where their dumbfuckery comes from.

That clip fallaciously keeps saying "an observer" while showing an eyeball when referring to an act of observation ie. firing lasers and sanic speed particles at what you're looking at, which alters the outcome because goddamn collisions.

We don't fire goddamn lazer beams out our eyes and warp reality when our meat sacks form a memory structer.
>>
>>30012177
>>30012340
>>30012454
>>30012521
think about what this anon said
>>
>>30013190
iirelevent, you still can't influence reality. when you're imagining you know you're imagining which means there's a difference for you also between reality and imagination, else we wouldn't be having this conversation (why not go on imaginary 9k without the reddit and tumblr flood?)
>>
Jus' gonna live it here:
plato.stanford.edu/entries/compatibilism/
>>
>>30013606
OP doesn't deny free will, just claims your action is mostly irrelevant
>>
>>30012294
And the easiest way to affect objective reality (that one upon which you'll be easily agreed and given validation by other people, that is, if they posess a single independent thought and not complete normies, otherwise you wouldn't want to) is siocialization.
Acquire awareness of a prisoner on death row when feel like giving up on cummunication dont' mention dr. Freud, it's just my tongue that has swipped, my hand that's slippery A change is impossible and not necessary.
Should I choosesome bullshit to believe in?
>>
>>30012113
What is that picture from fellers?
>>
>>30014870

FF6

aka

The best FF and one of the greatest games ever.
>>
>>30014870
Like you dont already know a classic
>>
>>30014886
getout reddit orignlal
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.