[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw ywn live in a dystopian cyberpunk society Where should
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 8
File: NeoTokyo.jpg (160 KB, 1280x694) Image search: [Google]
NeoTokyo.jpg
160 KB, 1280x694
>tfw ywn live in a dystopian cyberpunk society

Where should I move just to experience a similar lifestyle?
>>
Hong Kong is a shit place to live but has that feel so there you go
>>
File: 1466272881681.png (160 KB, 748x1036) Image search: [Google]
1466272881681.png
160 KB, 748x1036
>>30011791
What about Shanghai?
>>
Any Asian city will work.
>>
>>30011734
Taipei and Hong Kong will suffice. Man I miss Taipei
>>
>>30011791
>>30011857
>>30012072
Does it rain a lot in those places?
>>
File: Istanbul_skyline_at_night.jpg (2 MB, 2048x1360) Image search: [Google]
Istanbul_skyline_at_night.jpg
2 MB, 2048x1360
I've been living in Istanbul and it's pretty cyberpunk too, specially the financial area at night is amazing.
I wish I could have been there while the failed coup d'etat happened. Must be amazing watching the tanks go through the streets while military jets and helicopters fly over the city.
>>
cyberpunk cities would be terrible to live in and you're super rich so you never have to go to the 'bottom levels' and you commute by a personal vtol aircraft/SSTO.

I'd rather live in some grassland where I can look at the city from afar.
>>
>>30012261
If you think Istanbul is dystopian cyberpunk then I have news for you, buddy.
>>
>>30012313
Have you been there?

>inb4 I'm a turkroach living there
>>
>>30012261
I remember seeing this picture quite a few years ago when I was 13 and being completely transfixed. Weird but I couldn't imagine a place like this existing. The funny thing is, this uh... boy... I had a crush on had lied and said he was born in Istanbul (he's fucking white and Australian, why did I believe this) and so for the period of time I was a dummy and believed him the whole city had an incredible aura of wonder for me.
:(
>>
Robots, do you think we will ever live to see a cyberpunk future? What do you think big cities will look like in 50 years time?
>>
File: JFK.png (527 KB, 549x504) Image search: [Google]
JFK.png
527 KB, 549x504
>>30011734
>tfw ywn live in a dystopian cyberpunk society

You already do. take a good strong look at the world around you. ANY first world city now is going to be a surveillance state. Some more than others. London is famous as generally regarded as being the worst for it's CCTV.

>>30012674
YOU'RE LIVING IN ONE RIGHT NOW. OPEN YOUR DAMNED EYES.
>>
>>30012674
Sadly, no. Cities won't grow that much in our lifetime. Maybe 2 or 3 skylines more in some major cities and that's all.
Remember that we are in a global recession and the situation doesn't look like it's gonna improve. Maybe politics change to a dystopian scenario but cities, not likely.
>>
File: Forest.jpg (649 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Forest.jpg
649 KB, 1024x768
>>30012850
Truth. About the only way to escape is to go rural or third world where they don't care enough/can't afford the surveillance infrastructure....and even then you're still monitored by telecommunications tech (internet/phone/satellite).
>>
>>30012850
>>30012928
Why are you tinfoil autistic fucks so obsessed with surveillance? I don't fucking care if some people knows which are my fetishes even better than myself. Who cares if they sell my personal information, you can't avoid it anyway.
>>
Hong Kong or Japan for aesthetic.
UK or US for dystopian themes.

It's all happening now, look around you.
>>
>>30013050
UK or US dystopian? wtf are you retarded?
>>
>>30011734
america lel.
>>
>>30013126
I love the US man. I love the freedoms we used to have and the fact that we're on camera from all angles and all your Internet browsing activity is monitored, too. I love all the power that voting has and the power that money doesnt
>>
File: Shuto Expressway Tokyo.jpg (993 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
Shuto Expressway Tokyo.jpg
993 KB, 1920x1200
>>30013026
First off, I'm not an autist. Second, it's not that I'm obsessed, it that I simply don't have my head up my ass. I can observe the world, I can be a part of it, and I can learn about it all the while making my own conclusions about it.

Right now I see some kids whining about wanting something they already have. All I have done is state an obvious truth.

Whatever, if all you folks really care about is pretty night time lights to look at, watch this Cappuccino run around the Shutokou.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbKU20eaqB8
>>
File: Wan_Chai.jpg (912 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
Wan_Chai.jpg
912 KB, 1920x1200
>>30011791
There are far worse places. I can think of a few not too far away in mainland China.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2030Tnp6Zc
>>
>>30012850
This, it's true. Look at our governments, big corporations, technology everywhere, etc

But people won't have it because everywhere doesn't look exactly like the movie Blade Runner.
>>
>>30011734
Tokyo is the most mainstream but any Asian city. Holy in te. Years would do
>>
>>30013794
Yeah; the only reason flying cars aren't everywhere is because they're ungodly impractical. They're loud, you technically need both pilot's and driver's license, they eat fuel like a helicopter, they have to be in tip-top mechanical condition so as not to fall out of the sky, they're a huge conundrum as far as flight regulations/traffic law/city ordinances intertwine... But they do exist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOOQiU5GjoM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shlZySkGq6g
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FY85eExk7Zo
>>
>>30014155
It's going to be a long while before it's anything more than a rich person's toy.
>>
>>30012850
This guy has it right. Nobody's got exposed metal on their skin but everything else happened in the worst possible way.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.