[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Christopher Langan, who has the highest recorded IQ, believes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
Christopher Langan, who has the highest recorded IQ, believes in God and an afterlife. Maybe you would be happier if you realised this life is but a dream.
>>
But what if I can't make myself believe it? How can I convince my nonreligious brain to subscribe to one and actually believe it? I remember crying in gradeschool because I couldn't accept Jesus into my heart and couldn't feel God when I prayed, even at the most impressionable I couldn't force it so how do you really think someone could as an adult? How do people even switch religions?
>>
which Grecian philosophers didn't fuck boy ass?
doesn't make it smart just because a smart person does it
>>
Noam Chomsky is an atheistic communist and fellow of MIT as well so there's my rebuttal you twink.
>>
>>30010736
Read bro.

Tons of books out there. Eventually you'll be able to put dots together and open your eyes, truely. And it's worth it.
>>
>>30010880
You forgot Jew (^:

Oregano
>>
>>30010881
>truely
How many books have you read?
>>
Having a high IQ doesn't prevent this guy from being a total retard. Check out his absolutely incoherent scientific ideas.
>>
>>30010911
Lost count, over a 100, whatever interested me. Eventually returned to my own form of Christianity.
>>
>>30010736
>But what if I can't make myself believe it? How can I convince my nonreligious brain to subscribe to one and actually believe it? I remember crying in gradeschool because I couldn't accept Jesus into my heart and couldn't feel God when I prayed, even at the most impressionable I couldn't force it so how do you really think someone could as an adult? How do people even switch religions?
You don't need facts to believe in something.We are constantly doing leaps of faith in our decission,like when you buy a game or ask out a girl.Religion is just another leap of faith to embrance a healthier lifestyle and find true happiness
>>
>>30010695
teehee
geddit? this guy is smart
therefore he cant possibly be wrong
therefore he believes in god
therefore you should do it because he's smart

?!?!
>>
>>30010881
I've studied world religions over and over. I went to Christian school, then studied world religions in middle school, then took more religion and world history classes in hs and college, and I'm aware of the doctrine of most mainstream religions. What else is there to do? "Just read brah" doesn't really answer my post at all and just makes you seem patronizing
>>
>>30010993
>I've studied world religions over and over. I went to Christian school, then studied world religions in middle school, then took more religion and world history classes in hs and college, and I'm aware of the doctrine of most mainstream religions. What else is there to do? "Just read brah" doesn't really answer my post at all and just makes you seem patronizing
Read kierkegaard if you are interested in a different perspective
>>
>>30010989
are you saying op's argument has an appeal to authority logical fallacy in it?
>>
>>30010971
There is evidence for buying a game. You know it exists and you have a good idea about its quality from reviews/trailers. You know the girl will say yes or no based on your relationship with her and how she treats you. You can't compare religion with that dude

Maybe religious people just need less facts to feel confident in something. I wonder if religious people are more likely to take chances on things in general
>>
>>30011037
>There is evidence for buying a game.
Ultimatly what matters is your experience.
>You know the girl will say yes or no based on your relationship with her and how she treats you.
Until you start meeting and gaining confidence with her you really don't know how this girl is going to turn out.She may be a psyco.
>Maybe religious people just need less facts to feel confident in something
Maybe,but we use intuition and our feelings in things to take a choice the same goes with religion.You take a leap of faith to believe in God,and act as he commands.If you are able to do this,you will probably be able to achieve happiness as you are working towards a greater goal.
>>
>>30011116

Why wouldn't I take a leap of faith and embrace hinduism instead?
>>
>>30011177
>Why wouldn't I take a leap of faith and embrace hinduism instead?
Do it.I am really not pushing you towards christianity.Religion is about finding answers and about personal revelations and how to act to achieve happiness.If your preffer hinduism so be it.
>>
>>30010896

And? Jews have the highest IQ of any race.
>>
>>30010695
Does he believe in hell? Because no hell = I win either way
>>
>>30011350
>Jews have the highest IQ of any race.
False.Askenazis do,but if we subdivide all the races,you would get ones superior to jews in IQ
>>
Langan is smart but his education is for shit.
>>
>>30011358
He doesn't believe in hell per se, he believes that you won't be reunited with God.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.